ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Unlikely couple: Seven and Chakotay

Tureaz'47

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2605

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 5:02 am

Not as bad as New Spocky and Uhura? WT?

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 11:52 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 30 2010, 4:06 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Nov. 29 2010, 5:27 am

Quote: 33voyager @ Nov. 28 2010, 2:41 pm

Quote: iBorg13 @ Nov. 26 2010, 12:46 pm

>

>Seven should have gone witht the Doctor. She and him had a special friendship and if they ended up together it'd make sense. But the Chakotay suddenly swoops in and steals any chance the Doctor had.

>
Exactly. I'm not sure on this but didn't this happen because Beltran wanted some romance before the series was over?
  They had paris and b'lanna for this. But I guess no one wants to see married people get romantic?
My understanding is that it was some kind of a dare, because Jeri Ryan was dating one of the producers at the time. I also heard that Robert Picardo took offense to the whole C/7 thing because he felt for once the bald not so attractive guy should have gotten the babe.

Picard got babes half his age all the time.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Dec. 31 2010, 7:55 am

Anyone would look better with 7 gracing her presence. I'll bet I would seem sexier if people thought I could score Jeri Ryan!

Vardonir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 28

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 2:25 am

Ah, yes. C7. The only thing I despise and absolutely hate about the show. I think about it; I shake in fury; and hit a concrete wall. (Tho, I'm a girl, so there is no dent to prove it) I almost even broke my Season 7 Voyager DVD, but since Shattered and Workforce was on the same disc, I couldn't. (Workforce was the last J/C episode of the series)

It began with Beltran's joke, apparently. He told Ryan. Who told Braga. Since Ryan and Braga were dating at the time... Fill in the rest of the story yourself. (This story was told by RB in one of the Voyager DVD extras. Of course, he was smiling, so it's kinda hard to tell if he was serious or not.) It also has probably have something to do with the 'Voyager Wars'. Just to keep him quiet, methinks.

And C7 is THE most IMPLAUSIBLE couple of the show. Seven is a six-year old with the brain of the collective, for frak's sake. The only possible pair for Seven is The Doctor, actually - he's technically four years old when Seven came onboard, with the brain of the Federation Medical Database. On the other hand, Chakotay is 52 years old during year 1 of Voyager.

Also, Seven is almost the same age than Harry Kim. Kim is 20~ years old. Talk about pedophilia - he's old enough to be her father!

And since Resolutions and Q and the Gray were some of the episodes I watched first (I didn't watch in order), I shipped J/C very early on.

PS: And I read way back that there was a slow build-up between Chako and Seven. I see it as a Father-Daughter relationship. She's in conflict (Human/Borg); he WAS in conflict (Maquis/Starfleet).

「マーキーの心。」 私はヴォイジャです。

SaintlyMic

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 27

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 11:38 pm

I wish I could appear on Voyager and be Captain Janeway's man!
I think that would be the best solution!

The Lord Yeshua Jesus Christ is The Lord God Almighty Jehovah Yahweh!

JOYOFVGR

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11594

Report this Jan. 31 2011, 3:50 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 30 2010, 11:52 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 30 2010, 4:06 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Nov. 29 2010, 5:27 am

Quote: 33voyager @ Nov. 28 2010, 2:41 pm

Quote: iBorg13 @ Nov. 26 2010, 12:46 pm

>

>Seven should have gone witht the Doctor. She and him had a special friendship and if they ended up together it'd make sense. But the Chakotay suddenly swoops in and steals any chance the Doctor had.

>
Exactly. I'm not sure on this but didn't this happen because Beltran wanted some romance before the series was over?
  They had paris and b'lanna for this. But I guess no one wants to see married people get romantic?
My understanding is that it was some kind of a dare, because Jeri Ryan was dating one of the producers at the time. I also heard that Robert Picardo took offense to the whole C/7 thing because he felt for once the bald not so attractive guy should have gotten the babe.
Picard got babes half his age all the time.
Yeah, but Picard was a captain and he was hot!!

I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

toranaprem

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 621

Report this Jan. 31 2011, 4:04 pm

It should have been Seven and the Doctor. They had the most in common and understood one another the best.

"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 4:42 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 31 2011, 4:04 pm

It should have been Seven and the Doctor. They had the most in common and understood one another the best.


I have always felt this way. But I guess the producers found it hard to believe the voluptuous blonde would want the bald nerdy guy.

toranaprem

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 621

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 5:52 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 01 2011, 4:42 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 31 2011, 4:04 pm

It should have been Seven and the Doctor. They had the most in common and understood one another the best.
I have always felt this way. But I guess the producers found it hard to believe the voluptuous blonde would want the bald nerdy guy.


*sigh* Probably. All the more reason Star Trek should include some less then perfect-looking women now and then, instead of pandering to the male gaze and writing themselves into corners they feel are totally implausible.

This is not to say that -I- feel that a volumptuous former-Borg wouldn't go for a balding holographic doctor, I mean she's not exactly your average beautiful woman, you know?

But it says something that there are never female characters homely enough that the producers feel comfortable with pairing them with all the homely (and totally awesome) male characters they cast.

Food for thought.

"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Feb. 02 2011, 4:35 am

Well, it is fantasy. You have have to draw in people somehow and sex its a good hook. Look at comic books where every woman has perfect flowing hair and enormous breasts. Sure it warps your view of a real woman, but it is a necessary hook. The male actors don't have to have chiseled abs because, lets be honest, most nerdy women are not as shallow as men.

toranaprem

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 621

Report this Feb. 02 2011, 12:36 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 02 2011, 4:35 am

Well, it is fantasy. You have have to draw in people somehow and sex its a good hook. Look at comic books where every woman has perfect flowing hair and enormous breasts. Sure it warps your view of a real woman, but it is a necessary hook. The male actors don't have to have chiseled abs because, lets be honest, most nerdy women are not as shallow as men.


Then we need to assault those poor nerdy men with images of ugly women until they grow up.

This is no defense, in fact I find these attitudes utterly disgusting and inhumane. Men need to change, patriarchy needs to fall, and it doesn't need any apologists.

"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

^^Nicolas^^

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 508

Report this Feb. 02 2011, 12:49 pm

They where like dating cousins.

Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin.

Dendodge

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 945

Report this Feb. 02 2011, 1:00 pm

The Seven/Chakotay thing was silly. If they had built it up for at least a season, I could have bought it, but it came completely out of nowhere in the last episode.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Feb. 03 2011, 5:10 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Feb. 02 2011, 12:36 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 02 2011, 4:35 am

Well, it is fantasy. You have have to draw in people somehow and sex its a good hook. Look at comic books where every woman has perfect flowing hair and enormous breasts. Sure it warps your view of a real woman, but it is a necessary hook. The male actors don't have to have chiseled abs because, lets be honest, most nerdy women are not as shallow as men.
Then we need to assault those poor nerdy men with images of ugly women until they grow up. This is no defense, in fact I find these attitudes utterly disgusting and inhumane. Men need to change, patriarchy needs to fall, and it doesn't need any apologists.


Lol, agreed. I don't envy the people in trek who have to balance showing a different/better world with getting ratings.

parisandtorres

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 430

Report this Feb. 03 2011, 5:05 pm

Chakotay had no chance with 7 of 9. I did not like them as a couple anyway.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum