ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Unlikely couple: Seven and Chakotay

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Nov. 28 2011, 7:19 am


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

blackstar2150_10000168296
2872

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 2:58 am

ACTUALLY this was a suprise relationship . I didn't see it coming.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 5:24 pm

Was just watching "Q and the Grey". When Chuckles learns that Q wants to mate with Janeway, he gets jealous and defensive.  There was definitely something there.


samantha.freitag

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5

Report this Nov. 30 2011, 4:39 am

I think that although the match was unforeseen before it was put into light, the match was good.  Think about it.  Poor Seven, not a soul in the world, and finally she start to show some interest in someone and seeks a HEALTHY relationship.  Chakotay and Janeway wouldn't have been a good idea.  They look good together, no doubts there, but it would never work.  They are too close in rank.  All it would take is one disagreement and that relationship would be up in smoke.  Chakotay is good for Seven because he's patient, and Seven needs that.


If anyone has read the book Homecoming and The Farther Shore, you would know they don't end up together anyway.


Resistance is Futile

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Nov. 30 2011, 7:11 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Nov. 29 2011, 5:24 pm

>

>Was just watching "Q and the Grey". When Chuckles learns that Q wants to mate with Janeway, he gets jealous and defensive.  There was definitely something there.

>
Took me a whole 6 seconds to firgure out/remember who Chuckles was...


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 30 2011, 5:26 pm

Yeah, Q calls him Chucckles in that episode, too.  Didn't realize until then that it wasn't a fan made term.


Cpt. Sameway

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 72

Report this Dec. 02 2011, 10:07 pm

Poor Chakotay has always gotten the short end of the stick. I know that's not really what this topic is about, but it just goes to show, the 7/Chakotay "ship" was some inside joke amongst the writers and it wasn't meant to appease the fans at all. They really could have developed him a bit more, and you can tell Beltran wasn't too satisfied with how his character was written. At least he and Janeway had a bit of a spark - and you could tell he kinda loved her. With Seven, it just feels like a farce. Every time. Why did Seven have to end up with anyone in the end? I was personally satisfied with how far she'd come as a stand-alone character. -_- ...but I'm not bitter. lol

267198ed

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2871

Report this Dec. 02 2011, 10:57 pm


 


EXACTLY.


Because Harry could never get the girl he was interested in, they never saw him as more than a friend. Would have been pretty humorous if the one womam who he ended up with was Seven, unattainable Seven. What a slap in the face that would have been for "The Wrong Twin" (and all the rest)


 


Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Dec. 02 2011, 11:47 pm

Quote: 267198ed @ Dec. 02 2011, 10:57 pm

>

>

>EXACTLY.

>Because Harry could never get the girl he was interested in, they never saw him as more than a friend. Would have been pretty humorous if the one womam who he ended up with was Seven, unattainable Seven. What a slap in the face that would have been for "The Wrong Twin" (and all the rest)

>
A golden opportunity wasted.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

JOYOFVGR

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11594

Report this Dec. 06 2011, 5:46 am

IMO the C/7 pairing alientated a lot of very large fandoms: J/C, D/7 and J/7. What's interesting is that there's a multitude of fan fic and forums dedicated to these fandoms that has kept them alive longer than if C/7 hadn't happened. Kind of reminds me of New Coke.

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Dec. 06 2011, 8:17 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 5:46 am

>

>IMO the C/7 pairing alientated a lot of very large fandoms: J/C, D/7 and J/7. What's interesting is that there's a multitude of fan fic and forums dedicated to these fandoms that has kept them alive longer than if C/7 hadn't happened. Kind of reminds me of New Coke.

>
Silver lining in a dumb move story element.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

JOYOFVGR

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11594

Report this Dec. 06 2011, 11:24 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Dec. 06 2011, 8:17 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 5:46 am

>

>

>IMO the C/7 pairing alientated a lot of very large fandoms: J/C, D/7 and J/7. What's interesting is that there's a multitude of fan fic and forums dedicated to these fandoms that has kept them alive longer than if C/7 hadn't happened. Kind of reminds me of New Coke.

>
Silver lining in a dumb move story element.

You're preaching to the choir. I'm a die hard J/Cer.


I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Dec. 06 2011, 11:29 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 11:24 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Dec. 06 2011, 8:17 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 5:46 am

>

>

>

>IMO the C/7 pairing alientated a lot of very large fandoms: J/C, D/7 and J/7. What's interesting is that there's a multitude of fan fic and forums dedicated to these fandoms that has kept them alive longer than if C/7 hadn't happened. Kind of reminds me of New Coke.

>
Silver lining in a dumb move story element.

You're preaching to the choir. I'm a die hard J/Cer.

I may not be one, but I can certaintly appreciate a good story apportunity, and J/C had almost seven seasons worth of build up.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

JOYOFVGR

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11594

Report this Dec. 06 2011, 1:46 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Dec. 06 2011, 11:29 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 11:24 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Dec. 06 2011, 8:17 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 5:46 am

>

>

>

>

>IMO the C/7 pairing alientated a lot of very large fandoms: J/C, D/7 and J/7. What's interesting is that there's a multitude of fan fic and forums dedicated to these fandoms that has kept them alive longer than if C/7 hadn't happened. Kind of reminds me of New Coke.

>
Silver lining in a dumb move story element.

You're preaching to the choir. I'm a die hard J/Cer.

I may not be one, but I can certaintly appreciate a good story apportunity, and J/C had almost seven seasons worth of build up.

The other pairings, along with K/7, I left that one out, sorry K/7 fans, all had some build up. C/7 just came out of the blue and left me feeling very angry. I myself was a J/Cer from the first time I saw Caretaker. I also thought that Mulgrew played Janeway as if Janeway was in love with Chakotay but just coudn't have him. I think even she was shocked at the C/7 ending. I know picardo was greatly disappointed. He wanted to see the not so attractive bald guy get the girl for once.


I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Dec. 06 2011, 1:53 pm

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 1:46 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Dec. 06 2011, 11:29 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 11:24 am

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Dec. 06 2011, 8:17 am

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 06 2011, 5:46 am

>

>

>

>

>

>IMO the C/7 pairing alientated a lot of very large fandoms: J/C, D/7 and J/7. What's interesting is that there's a multitude of fan fic and forums dedicated to these fandoms that has kept them alive longer than if C/7 hadn't happened. Kind of reminds me of New Coke.

>
Silver lining in a dumb move story element.

You're preaching to the choir. I'm a die hard J/Cer.

I may not be one, but I can certaintly appreciate a good story apportunity, and J/C had almost seven seasons worth of build up.

The other pairings, along with K/7, I left that one out, sorry K/7 fans, all had some build up. C/7 just came out of the blue and left me feeling very angry. I myself was a J/Cer from the first time I saw Caretaker. I also thought that Mulgrew played Janeway as if Janeway was in love with Chakotay but just coudn't have him. I think even she was shocked at the C/7 ending. I know picardo was greatly disappointed. He wanted to see the not so attractive bald guy get the girl for once.

He got a blond and a first name, so he didn't do as badly as Kim now did he?


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum