ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Unlikely couple: Seven and Chakotay

Princesss

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 57

Report this Sep. 28 2010, 9:26 am

        

ross1981

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 148

Report this Sep. 28 2010, 10:08 am

I hated it, they had no chemistry or even hinted through the previous seasons that they liked each other. I thought it was a very poor random quick thing to do by the writers thinking that the fans would like it...well we didn't. Chakotay should of ended up with Janeway they had spark, magic, intense chemistry and you could tell it was felt on both sides.

2takesfrakes

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3682

Report this Sep. 28 2010, 10:08 am

He would have no chance with Seven ...
I can't even entertain it as a possibility.
He was already pushing his luck hitting on
Captain Jamesway. Nope, sorry. Don't see it.

out_of_this_world

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 828

Report this Sep. 28 2010, 11:32 am

I don't like the 7 chakotay thang, but the problem was they needed to pair 7 off with somebody as she really needed to show she had become good at social interaction. I would ahve loved to see her end up with the Doctor but I still think she would be settling. Seven and Chakotay was a good deal for 7 but it just increased the personality cavity where Chakotay was concerned!

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Princesss

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 57

Report this Sep. 28 2010, 12:00 pm

Quote: ross1981 @ Sep. 28 2010, 10:08 am

I hated it, they had no chemistry or even hinted through the previous seasons that they liked each other. I thought it was a very poor random quick thing to do by the writers thinking that the fans would like it...well we didn't. Chakotay should of ended up with Janeway they had spark, magic, intense chemistry and you could tell it was felt on both sides.
OMG my thoughts exactly

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 5:22 am

I never bought the seven/chakotay romance. I felt she had more of a connection with the doctor anyway. I felt seven also wouldn't have wanted romance, she wasn't human enough to want it yet. Part of her sex appeal was you knew you didn't have a chance.
Janeway and chakotay always shared flirty moments and looks but she couldn't fraternize with the crew, it would disrupt the chain of command, I expected them to date when they got home, though.
Did mulgrew ever weigh in on this?

FriendlyTrekker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 220

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 7:25 am

They looked like they were headed that way with "Human Error" and "Natural Law" but there wasn't enough to convince me that a relationship was inevitable.  "Endgame" played it right out of left field and I never believed in it.


 


 

Kesfan74656

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1119

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 8:02 am

Kathryn and Chakotay had established a very close relationship, however platonic in reality, that, under other conditions-and given time-could perhaps have developed into something further. They had a history before Seven came along. In any case, I much prefer J/C, as far as prefs go.


''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

Princesss

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 57

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 12:34 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

No Janeway and cakotay were not meant to be together. i just dont see it.


OMG what do you mean! they were the most likely couple, 7 and chakotay was an ambush, i mean where the hell did that come from....

Princesss

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 57

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 12:38 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 29 2010, 5:22 am

I never bought the seven/chakotay romance. I felt she had more of a connection with the doctor anyway. I felt seven also wouldn't have wanted romance, she wasn't human enough to want it yet. Part of her sex appeal was you knew you didn't have a chance. Janeway and chakotay always shared flirty moments and looks but she couldn't fraternize with the crew, it would disrupt the chain of command, I expected them to date when they got home, though. Did mulgrew ever weigh in on this?

lol,totally agree... great minds, dude great minds :-D

silvik123

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1245

Report this Nov. 26 2010, 12:13 pm

Quote: out_of_this_world @ Sep. 28 2010, 11:32 am

>I don't like the 7 chakotay thang, but the problem was they needed to pair 7 off with somebody as she really needed to show she had become good at social interaction. I would ahve loved to see her end up with the Doctor but I still think she would be settling. Seven and Chakotay was a good deal for 7 but it just increased the personality cavity where Chakotay was concerned!
 Those two simply was not a match would have been better with Kim If there was a need for Seven to be in a relationship, this would have been a nice time to introduce another interesting guest appearing actor. Voyager and Enterprise revolved around the main characters a lot, not spending much time introducing us to other characters. For instance TNG had Guinen, Barclay to name a few, DS9 Garak, Keiko, Rom. Voyager.. Naiomi, Seska in the first season or two not much besides.

iBorg13

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1944

Report this Nov. 26 2010, 12:46 pm

Seven should have gone witht the Doctor. She and him had a special friendship and if they ended up together it'd make sense. But the Chakotay suddenly swoops in and steals any chance the Doctor had.

33voyager

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 188

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 2:41 pm

Quote: iBorg13 @ Nov. 26 2010, 12:46 pm

Seven should have gone witht the Doctor. She and him had a special friendship and if they ended up together it'd make sense. But the Chakotay suddenly swoops in and steals any chance the Doctor had.


Exactly.

I'm not sure on this but didn't this happen because Beltran wanted some romance before the series was over?

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 5:27 am

Quote: 33voyager @ Nov. 28 2010, 2:41 pm

Quote: iBorg13 @ Nov. 26 2010, 12:46 pm

Seven should have gone witht the Doctor. She and him had a special friendship and if they ended up together it'd make sense. But the Chakotay suddenly swoops in and steals any chance the Doctor had.

Exactly. I'm not sure on this but didn't this happen because Beltran wanted some romance before the series was over?


They had paris and b'lanna for this. But I guess no one wants to see married people get romantic?

jesusismyadvocate

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 248

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 6:42 am

Maybe Seven and Neelix should have hooked up.... just kidding calm down everyone

So this dyslexic walks into a bra...

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum