Hasn't anyone here seen my new show?

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 5:40 am

Sorry, Billy boy! Not interested.
I'm glad you're working though!
And whilst I have your attention:
Please let go of the character of
Jim Kirk! Please ... move on, sir.

NomFeradii

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 12:30 am

Haven't seen the show yet but will watch it as soon as I can find a download.  I don't have TV.

The Ferengi shall pay!!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 9:58 am

Shatner, let me remind you of something:
You directed one major motion picture, in your life
... incompetently. Although, I did like the scene
where Spock nerve pinched the horse a bad guy was
riding on, bringing it to the ground, while the bad guy
escaped ... still makes me laugh!

Frakes, on the other hand, has gone on to become a celebrated
director in many venues and franchises, since he brought FIRST
CONTACT to the screen - one of the most successful TREK movies!
As for his appearances in ENTERPRISE and VOYAGER, I loved it!!!

And finally, Frakes has all but stopped acting. The Shat understands
that image is everything in a motion PICTURE, and yet ... won't even
go on a diet or take up swimming to improve his image. Not for himself,
not for the fans, and certainly not for the camera. I find that unacceptable!

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:04 am

May I remind you all that Leonard Nimoy has dirceted produced and co written alot of the star trek movies not including what he has done out side of star trek he's even got music that I hav on my mp3 player so there u hav it Leonard beats Franks who beats shatner srry ppl that's just the way it is.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:12 am

I agree with SOME of what you said:
Nimoy DID direct 2 successful STAR TREK features.
He also directed 3 Men & a Baby, which doesn't sound
so hot, until you realize that for a long time, it was
the most successful comedy movie of ALL time. But his, uh ...
"music" is NOT celebrated, nor should it BE! While I'm told his
voice was trained, it must've escaped and returned to the wild!

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:15 am

I loved his music because it helped me focused durring my study time in school so that's why it's in my music librery but no his songs dont deserve the BET award i never said that i just love his voice though its so deep!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:21 am

His music actually makes you happy, does it?
Well, then, it's gone up a notch, in my book!

(one above rock bottom)

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:26 am

Well thats good because it does make me smile alot! hehehehe

Dendodge

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:45 am

William Shatner's attempts at music are even worse. His version of "Rocketman" was laughable!

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:56 am

I loved spock's music because he had that deep voice so it was wonderful but william shatner im happy ive never heard his music hahahhaa

Dendodge

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 1:48 am

As someone who loved Insurrection, I notice you neglected to mention the haemmorhage that was the Final Frontier.

Dendodge

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 3:07 am

I am a big fan of both William Shatner and Jonathan Frakes, and I am glad that at least one of you has the good sense to admit their great mistake. While both of you are great actors, your directing abilities leave much to be desired, and I - for one - am glad to see that you have finally decided to return to the Other Side of the camera.

Tureaz'47

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 5:40 am

Quote: Dendodge @ Sep. 26 2010, 3:07 am

Who are you doll? LOL!

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

Tureaz'47

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 5:45 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Dear Dented Dodge,

I suppose I should be offended by your comment, but I am not. Here's why.  First off, earlier you bravely defended me as being "just plump" which I appreciated, so I'll give you a pass.  Second, as my true fans know, I have commented on TFF in great detail, acknowledging my mistakes.  You can read all about it yourself in my recent epic autobiography "Up Till Now .. " available at a very reasonable price from Amazon.com.  When you do buy it, and I know you will, please purchase a NEW copy.  Those being offered as used, put not a single penny into my pockets.

It is Frakes, not I, who inisists on dredging up his one success from the distant past as some sort of proof of his capabilities.   Believe me, it is a rare Holloywood bird that starts at the top, a la Frakes, and then manages to steadily work himself down to the bottom with every new project.

Even so, I think he and I would both agree that we were working with very poor scripts, a monkey on a rock could have successfully directed FC.  It was all on the page to start with.

My Best, Bill

This is weird. We're meant to post about you? LOL!
What's going on? ~sigh~
Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Ture

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 7:13 am

Need I remind you good people that
William___Shatner is the one playing
at being his namesake ... and not I!
I am a FAN of Jonathan Frakes ...
AND The Shat!

As for William Shatner's limited ability
to act and incompetency in the director's
seat, he's still managed to find himself
in leads on several, successful shows, over
the years: TJ Hooker, Rescue 911, Boston Legal ...

I'm only bothered by his bloated physique
because he keeps asking for opportunities
to play Kirk, without being "fit" for the job.
Buster Crabbe, who played another space hero
FLASH GORDON in the 30's, managed to stay in
excellent physical shape through swimming and
other excercise, right up til he died in his 80's!

Users browsing this forum: Commander_Zelkar