William Shatner should reprise his role as Admrial Kirk.

NMukherjee72

Report this Sep. 23 2010, 11:04 pm

Hello dear friends,
I have recently found out that William Shatner is concerned about whether the movie special effects team can make him 40 years younger in order for him to get the confidence to star in the new Star Trek movie.

I think Bill should have more confidence in himself in these ripe years and respect his own contributions to Star Trek. True fans of William Shatner, as Admiral/Captain James T. Kirk, would be delighted to see him in the new movie as he is now. It doesn't matter how one looks with age. One is still the same person inside.

William should have more confidnece in himself and also in his fans that they will accept him as he is for the reprisal of his role as Admiral Kirk. I think being a comedian has clouded the true character of William Shatner in recent years. Prime Kirk has a responsibility to pass the baton of the Enterprise  and who better to receive the baton than his new self as young Kirk (presently played by Chris Pine).

Mr Shatner, please, please pick up the phone and call J.J. Wink
With kind regards,
sincerely,

Neil Mukherjee Esq.
United Kingdom.

Neil Mukherjee Esq.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 4:36 am

No. Absolutely not. Shatner had his glory days and its time to move on. More than one crossover is too much unless he is maybe playing an elderly chris pine. But even then, he should only agree if chris pine agrees to doing a priceline commercial!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 5:46 am

These people who, despite knowing how bloated
and old Shatner's become, still want him as Kirk.
That takes a lot of imagination, I have to say it.
Imagination that I could be losing as I mature ...
The same kind of imagination that allowed me to see
a man in a gorilla suit as being a true alien and
threat to the Federation. I envy your ability to
visualize William Shatner as being appropriate for
this character. What fertile imaginations you have!
God, I hope I haven't lost that ... and yet ...

wissa

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 9:37 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 24 2010, 4:36 am

ooh that isn't a horrible idea. Anything else is though

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

NMukherjee72

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 11:41 pm

it is of concern when some members write their postings with 'These people...' I found this offensive and patronising so perhaps not all of us have refined ourselves in the art of communication. I stand by my point, those who are sending messages bullying a great actor and making fun of him should take their comments back, those who have nothing constructive to say should think of being more diplomatic and refrain from passing comments if they appear somewhat close to being offensive.
With kind regards,
sincerely,

Neil Mukherjee Esquire.
United Kingdom.

Neil Mukherjee Esq.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 5:12 am

Mr. Shatner, must you be so impulsive? You know,
I feel sorry for those poor horses The Shat owns.
I've seen him riding them. His gargantuan gerth
nearly breaking their young backs, as their hoofs
splay out onto the yielding ground beneath them ....

Dendodge

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 5:40 am

If you've just said that to the real William Shatner, I'd advise you to avoid Star Trek conventions for a while.

He's not that fat, anyway—just plump, like a jolly old man (as he has the right to be, having been gracing our screens for so many years now).

AtoZ2

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 6:45 pm

Love Shatner dearly, was a fine actor who played a role and made a character iconic for generations to come...but no, no need for him to return to that part in any fashion what so ever, including any type of holographic message thingy.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 9:59 pm

The fat stretched out Shatner's wrinkles,
that's why he doesn't look so bad, at 80!

Montgomery Scott

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 2:21 am

Why he stayed longer than he should have

Tureaz'47

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 6:04 am

James T is always welcome.

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

Tureaz'47

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 6:08 am

You posters must be shotty if you have to take off the real thing. Kinda despicable really! Some of those cared for actors have passed and some of you have to make fun of it!?

I love 'Jonathan Frakes' and ' Bill shatner,' so get lost!

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 6:43 am

Tureaz'47, I always try
to be refined madaam, in my
thoughts, my words and my deeds.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 27 2010, 5:01 am

[quote]

Greetings T 47,

Just thought I'd let you know, last time I checked, I have not passed yet.  Thank you for your kind words though.  BTW, what is "shotty"?

My best, Bill

[/quote
C'mon, no way shatner is wasting his time on us. If you are though, you are great on boston legal, loved it when you shot the mugger in the knees. After that scene, I thought, that is why kirk is the man! Seriously though, get chris pine on priceline.

Blackbird223

Report this Sep. 27 2010, 6:22 pm

Hmm...I don't know. What would he be Admiral in? The new ST comming in '11 or '12(can't remember, either way, it's the sequal to the one in 2009)? If so, I think that there may be to many Kirks in one movie. It may be interesting to see how a Kirk who knew his father reacted to the rebel captain...maybe. I was watching TOS the other day and it hit me; the new Enterprise crew is REALLY young and inexperienced. TOS crew went through, like, eight years of training, and the 2009 crew had, like, four. Good to know whose taking care of our galaxy.

If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them, and stab them in the heart. -Rha's al Ghul