Best Alien Race in Voyager?

zerotohero16

Report this Sep. 22 2010, 1:24 pm

This is a question that has been bugging me for a while, which Alien race/species do you think were the best, overall, in Star Trek Voyager?

I'll open with, The Borg

Because they provided great story lines, and in Seven of Nines' case, comedic value, they were the ULTIMATE race.

Live Long, and - In fact no, you don't deserve to.

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 22 2010, 1:57 pm

Species 8472. Powerful, without question, the first-as far as we know-to bring the Borg nearly to their knees. A unique alien concept, which I would have liked to have seen more of.

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

ross1981

Report this Sep. 22 2010, 2:55 pm

Species 8472 were good and provided some good episodes....but i can see why they only were used a little. I think that as time went on and the more they used them they would of ran out of ideas.  i love the Borg and always will but i did like the Hirogen. cleverly written and created by the writers. They were primevil savages who thrived on, what we would consider a  'blood sport', the hunt.

The Kazon were interesting for a few episodes then became boring, the Vidians never lost there appeal to me.....like creepy scientists using unethical means to sustain there race. i think this could of been explored in more depth.

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 22 2010, 3:37 pm

I likd the vidiens total bad butt kicken awsomeness but i swear if they had harmd a hair on janeways brown haired haed sombody wud hav died that day an it wudnt hav been janeway!

startrek=epicwin

Report this Sep. 22 2010, 4:19 pm

I think the Borg to be honest are just a fascinating species. They are representative of one of the ultimate human fears- being consumed by a homogenizing force and losing the identity and thoughts which make us unique. It is such a prevalent and recurring fear that the Borg, to me at least, seem the most threatening of species. Not only do they threaten our bodies but also our very minds.

Oh and I agree with you zerohero16: the character of 7of9 and her relationship with the doctor is quite comedic and also quite interesting, actually its the main reason I love Voyager so much.

Somniac

Report this Sep. 23 2010, 1:28 am

I go for species 8472.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 23 2010, 5:12 am

The Voth, the displaced earth dinosaurs. I wanted them back, as ridiculous as their concept was, they were cool and who doesn't want to believe dinosaurs survived!?! I mean, they transporter the entire ship, daaaaaaaaaamn!!!

out_of_this_world

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 8:20 am

I did love the Borg. Although they are not original Voyager aliens. As far as new voyager aliens go I liked the Kazon, particularly Maj Kullah. And the Hirogen they were pretty fun too.

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

T-Pau_Follower

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:20 am

A toss-up for me between Species 8472 and the Vidiians. But obviously *Voyager* would not have been nearly so cool (yes, I'm a *Voyager* lover, even with its faults) had they not been traveling for so much of the series through Borg space.

Dif tor heh smusma (Live Long and Prosper)

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:22 am

so tru t- pau but i still say the vidiens were the best because I can see that happening on Earth if we didnt come up with a cure/ vaccine for the black death.

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:36 am

I've wondered how, after the Phage was cured, the Vidiians fared from an interspecies perspective, and what sort of cultural evolution took place, as, rid of the edict of survival vs. 'the moral choice', they proceeded ahead as a society. Imagine them trying to make up among all those races they preyed upon for their actions for so long. ''Mad Men'' I don't think could spin things better for them. I could oneday however envision them returning to a place of respect in the quadrant, known once more for their artistic pursuits, and values of exploration. I believe that they indeed-oneday-might become a pivotal force for the values and ideals, spread across space, that the Federation holds to. I also could envision a return to the DQ for Starfleet to approach them in good faith at some point, knowing their potential BEFORE the Phage altered their entire culture.....

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:40 am

that's a very good point kesfan I wonder how long it would take to wipe there slate clean of all of the harm theyve done?

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 25 2010, 10:49 am

Quite a long time, I should think. That would also depend upon the culture they had harvested from, whether they were more akin to the Vulcans, a deeply pacifistic/spiritual society for whom forgiveness comes a bit more easily. I had a fic idea of Voyager finding a Vidiiian colony, which existed because the Preservers from TOS' ''The Paradise Syndrome'' chose to conduct one of their 'social experiments'' and, removing a segment of the population, replanted them on a distant world-this, just before the Phage overwhelmed the planet-to see how their species would develop, unhindered by the disease for the few yet untainted, and their descendents. My thought re the Presevers is that they travel often through time to do this, and went back just prior to the full spread of the disease.

"granosos"

Report this Sep. 27 2010, 12:15 am

my favorite are the Hirogen, an alien race with hunting culture, very interesting

33voyager

Report this Sep. 27 2010, 3:34 am

the borg. They have always been my favorite species ever since i started to like star trek (1 year ago) I think they're a completley different species than all the others we see on other trek series. That goes the same for the borg on TNG.