What Star Trek books would You reconmend

Wildish

Report this Sep. 17 2010, 12:24 pm

I want to start reading star trek books again what are thebest ones out there???

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Hawklord

Report this Sep. 19 2010, 8:30 am

Series: Vanguard, Titan, Destiny (I'm mostly through the first book), Crucible

I haven't read a lot of the single books, but 'Inception' is good.

OtakuJo

Report this Sep. 19 2010, 11:22 pm

I would start with something from your favourite TV series. They are all represented by some decent extended literature.

Start with : What series and what character(s) do you like the best? ...and work from there.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Titan80102

Report this Sep. 19 2010, 11:34 pm

The Star Trek: New Frontier novels by Peter David are simply fantastic, if you're looking for a good solid read that feels like a cross between TOS & TNG then that's a good bet. The post Nemesis TNG books are also done quite nicely as well. The Star Trek: Titan series has been quite good too.

Warp Speed Sir? Turn it to 11 Mr. Worf!

yarblis

Report this Oct. 10 2010, 8:27 pm

All of them,read all of them

To Boldly Go

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Oct. 12 2010, 12:47 pm

Quote: yarblis @ Oct. 10 2010, 8:27 pm

All of them,read all of them

Absolutely correct!

I look at the authors - my favorites are Diane Duane, Diane Carey, Peter David and Michael Jan Friedman, David Mack & KRAD. You pretty much can't go wrong with any of them.

You also might want to get an entire series - like Diane Duane's Rihannsu series.

jhensley1999

Report this Oct. 12 2010, 4:52 pm

Star Trek Voyager Endgame, STV Full Circle.

yarblis

Report this Oct. 12 2010, 8:18 pm

The Empty Chsir brings back some old friends from My Enemy,My Ally.Strategy on a grand scale! Diane Duane brings it to life again.We are not worthy!

To Boldly Go

Beartrooper

Report this Oct. 13 2010, 4:28 am

destiny 1, 2, and 3

JaydenJaneway

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 2:41 pm

Does anyone know if voyagers homecoming any good?

crusherfan3

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 7:28 pm

If you're a fan of TNG, and you like (or LOVE, like I do!) Q and/or Lwaxana Troi, then you definitely need to read "Q-In-Law." It is hilarious, and all-in-all just a great book! The best one I've read so far (though, I'll admit, I haven't read very many... yet).

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

Ozzie_MOD1023

Report this Dec. 10 2010, 8:17 pm

The "Captain's" trilogy by William Shatner (Captain's Peril, Captain's Blood, Captain's Glory). Love 'em, though you might wanna read "The Return" and "Avenger" just for background first.

Hold Fast

crusherfan3

Report this Dec. 10 2010, 8:54 pm

I am reading "TNG: Metamorphosis" right now, and so far it is really good. I definitely recommend it. =)

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

miklamar

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 10:13 pm

I love the Destiny trilogy, by David Mack, and I've recently started reading the Project Full Circle books, by Kirsten Beyer. Her writing is starting to impress me, too, and I love the possibilities of this series.

Plus, if you like Klingons, Keith R.A. DeCandido's series about the IKS Gorkon are very good.

Caesar753

Report this Dec. 12 2010, 2:42 pm

Peter David's New Frontier series is pretty awesome.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam, wissa