Who was the MOST ANNOYING female character on TOS?

ShirtlessKirk

Report this Sep. 13 2010, 7:49 pm

Having just watched "The Empath", I gotta say...that Gem character was hella annoying.  She was forever fainting into Kirk's arms and walked like she just came from ballet class.

And PLEASE, if you were an Empath, wouldn't you automatically save Bones?  Especially since she was grown and knew that she could self-heal any injuries.  A child Gem...ok, I'd buy that she wouldn't know how to use her powers.

Plus, the theme music that played whenever they did a closeup of her looking "empathic" was just...soppy.

Bleech!

Okay, so what do you all think?  Who is YOUR most annoying female character?

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 13 2010, 7:54 pm

The most annoying "female" character was the one in ...
Oh, I want to say THE GAMESTERS, ehh ... I forget the title.
Anyway, Chekov is imprisoned with a dude spray-painted pink,
wearing a dress and a blonde wig, and he keeps telling Chekov
how much he likes him and wants to be with him. Chekov, fearful
of prison sex, turns away, while trying to be polite as possible.
I have not seen this in a long time, but I always hated that "chick"!

BrotherofShran01

Report this Sep. 14 2010, 5:26 pm

Janice Lester and T'Pring tie for first place for me.

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

WilburWood

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 11:08 am

Quote: ShirtlessKirk @ Sep. 13 2010, 7:49 pm

Who is YOUR most annoying female character?

Gotta be Stella Mudd, no? *laughs*

MORTAL, YOU HAVE EARNED THIS!!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 3:24 pm

NurseMarmalade
I liked GEM, too! But her hotness
may have simply forgiven many sins.

I'm sorry you're not around, I enjoyed your posts!
I've been taking advantage of ServalanFan's remaining
by testing her, from time to time, to see if she knows
what she's talking about. I have to say, her general
knowledge of this program is most impressive. And her
insights overall, in a variety of subjects, are good
reads, as well. Hopefully though, you'll come back more!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 4:13 pm

3 cheers for the "cool" people, then!
I can be very crass, occassionally.
At times, I assume familiarity where
there is none, because of the nature
of this machine. But my heart's in
the right place! And I'm sure that
ServalanFan is a good friend to you.
She has been a pleasure to know, so far.

I was not one of those who posted often
from long ago, so for me, there's little
to forgive, regarding this site's remaining
shortcomings. One thing I did not expect
was "cool" people, actually. I started here
honestly believing I'd encounter only those
fans who wear rubber heads and wool costumes
in public. I expected The Theatre of the Bizarre!
Nevertheless, when a friend mentions to a new
acquaintance at a social function, "2takesfrakes
likes STAR TREK," flames - ok? - FLAMES appear at
the sides of my face ... why not just tell her
about that time I got loaded? Sweet Jesus Palamina ...

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 4:32 pm

Lady marmalade ur making me tear up i missed u too hahahaha in the real world im sorta quiet but the ppl here rnt cool they r AWSOME when they really want to b thx Lady Marmalde u really made my day an u too 2takes an to b honest i xpected more of the wool furs and rubber costumes but i guess thats just me hahahaha

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 6:06 pm

Uh huh! We gotta find the people who
wear their Klingon Heads to the store
and see what they have to say about it
all. I am surprised you say you're quiet,
captain saavik - you're so chatty, here!
You're very sweet to everyone, including
me - even though I want to see you with
someone who'll kiss your lips up and not
be a cold fish, like Mister Spock! Hmm ...
I feel like it's an uphill battle, though!
What can you do? You know? What can you do ...

I'm trying to think of more annoying STAR TREK
women. Most were there to show some leg, of course.
Oh, I know! The android "Da Vinci" made that Kirk
fell in love with, after knowing her for less than
an hour. AND realizing she was a robot, at that.
THEN comes the big pay-off, when Kirk and the aged
"Da Vinci" go fist-to-cuffs and Kirk tells Spock,
"... don't interfere! We're fighting over a woman."
HA!!! Even Spock bristled at that one. THEN Kirk
has the brass nuts to need a mind-meld to get over
having danced with her for ten minutes. "Forget ..."

BrotherofShran01

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 6:49 pm

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Sep. 15 2010, 6:06 pm

Uh huh! We gotta find the people who wear their Klingon Heads to the store and see what they have to say about it all. I am surprised you say you're quiet, captain saavik - you're so chatty, here! You're very sweet to everyone, including me - even though I want to see you with someone who'll kiss your lips up and not be a cold fish, like Mister Spock! Hmm ... I feel like it's an uphill battle, though! What can you do? You know? What can you do ... I'm trying to think of more annoying STAR TREK women. Most were there to show some leg, of course. Oh, I know! The android "Da Vinci" made that Kirk fell in love with, after knowing her for less than an hour. AND realizing she was a robot, at that. THEN comes the big pay-off, when Kirk and the aged "Da Vinci" go fist-to-cuffs and Kirk tells Spock, "... don't interfere! We're fighting over a woman." HA!!! Even Spock bristled at that one. THEN Kirk has the brass nuts to need a mind-meld to get over having danced with her for ten minutes. "Forget ..."

You must be talking about Rayna and Flint (Da vinci)

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 6:53 pm

BrotherofShran01, hey! Check you out!
You got it in one! That's her. Oh, it
all comes flooding back, now. Thanks!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 8:44 pm

NurseMarmalade
Oh, I've been reading the complaints, occassionally,
that have been posted here, for kicks and giggles. I
get the feeling you're recruiting for new members for
your site? That's fine ... and what can I say? I'm not
going to defend startrek.com, I don't think it needs
defending, it's got it's issues, I just don't have any
using it, that's all. In a way, this situation has been
beneficial to sites like the ones you're posting on, so
it sounds good, all around. I just don't get the negativity.

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 4:17 am

i likd flints house an when spock was playin the piano ahhhh wonderful site wasnt it oh well but i hav to say wat site is urs ladymarmalde i wanna go i need to b round u u gav me the best welcome aside from the fighting intro of SF ahhh good times my most hated woman character was well the girl who turnd spock down that just pissed me off oh well cant change the past

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 7:18 am

NurseMarmalade
I just want you to know that I was at no time offended!
To understand me a little better, I have absolutely no
need for a virtual "home," or to belong to any "cliques".
Some go so far as to participate in long-distance love affairs,
with people they chat with here. Words are not enough to make
me feel like a man, in love. It's too much gas for the ass, anyway.
This is all just a pleasant distraction; I don't take it personally.

I recognize and accept that this site is special to others who've
been using it a very long time. That they deeply value the friends
they've made here. And that they felt betrayed by promises of an
even better virtual environment than what they were used to. Just
because I don't subscribe to it does not mean I don't understand it.
I don't know what else to say. Nothing lasts forever, that's all.

WilburWood

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 12:38 pm

Quote: captain saavik @ Sep. 16 2010, 4:17 am

i likd flints house

Notice that it's the same building we see in "The Cage/The Menagerie" where Pike and Vina run to during the first illusion sequence. ;-)

MORTAL, YOU HAVE EARNED THIS!!

BrotherofShran01

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 5:50 pm

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Sep. 15 2010, 6:53 pm

BrotherofShran01, hey! Check you out! You got it in one! That's her. Oh, it all comes flooding back, now. Thanks!

No problem.

I remember a good portion of TOS episodes. But, if I ever forget, there is always Memory Alpha.

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase