Any ideas for Star Trek 2/12?

Sora

Report this Sep. 10 2010, 7:30 am

Any ideas or speculation about what Star Trek 2 will end up being about? I've heard rumors they might do the Borg in the next film. I'd like to see that. We never got to see Kirk's crew deal with them?

Also I'd like to know what other fans think about the idea of possibly doing a movie trilogy surrounding each Star Trek series?

Basically remaking each series over again in film form as what was done with TOS.

Star Trek 4-6 could be a TNG remake, and 7-9 would a DS9 remake, 10-12 would be Voyager.

13-15 would be Enterprise.

I think it would be cool to see, granted I know it would take YEARS to do all that. But it's something I'd enjoy seeing.

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 10 2010, 1:13 pm

I haven't kept up, but I do remember earlier one general line of thought pondered, would be this time to have space itself be the enemy, some sort of natural threat, which, given the heavy focus of the environment in recent times could be intriguing. I don't see them doing Khan the prequel, that's my meagre fan guess, at any rate, I think it's not very off center.I think they will want to be as original as possible. Having a more direct showing of the Klingons, being that they are so endemic to TOS, would be interesting. The masked Klingons in the deleted scenes piqued my curiosity...and, if you look at the Kobayashi Maru scene, it looked to me like the battlecruisers had a slight design difference, maybe...As for your ideas on rebooting the other series, EHH..I dunno, for me, personally, I don't think I would go for it, off the cuff. My feeling is, that wouldn't happen. But, who am I to guess hollywood?The Borg...??...Hmm...I can hear the cannons firing over canon-LOL!!!....

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

Sora

Report this Sep. 11 2010, 4:25 pm

Quote: Kesfan74656 @ Sep. 10 2010, 1:13 pm

The Borg...??...Hmm...I can hear the cannons firing over canon-LOL!!!....

Yeah but the thing about the last film, it was a reboot/remake. I've noticed most people almost get offended by the term "remake" even though "reboot" means the exact same thing, but that's basically what the last film was, was a remake of TOS. And the way they did it, they wrote it in such a way that no matter what they do, it isn't going to mess up anything that came before, because it's happening in an alternate timeline, or alternate reality. So they can do pretty much anything at this point.

Live Long and Prosper

Jason222

Report this Sep. 11 2010, 6:20 pm

As I said before I think the idea of bring Borg into next Star Trek movie great idea. I think great way to having UFP technology more TNG fasters thank. Turn allow gentic engneer humans once defeat Borg. Court having to defand UFP courts out Federation being afriad of gentic engneer people allow equel rights. As isseus cannon the Brog pick up the red matter used make blackhole come to assimlate race push UFP and KLingon to become allies. As for the idea of Star Trek make basically remaking each series over again in film form as what was done with TOS. I hope before Star Trek forth Movie comes out CBS makes another Star Trek show either on Star Terk.com or on TV.

UNTRugby

Report this Sep. 12 2010, 9:47 pm

I think they should make a tng alternate timeline with miley cyrus as troi and justin bieber as riker. That would make 400 mill right? isnt that what its all about?

Jason222

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 5:50 am

It would not have attacking Star Terl canon to have the borg in next Star Terk movie by way. Fact Vuclan home world get destoryed by red matter.It is possible reason Borg deside to invade Federation space has to do. The fact borg senser pick artifcal blackhole in UFP space and so they deside to check out see who made it hope able assimlate that races and all races in that place in space.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 7:44 pm

I sincerely hope that there is no probe in this one.
No whales. No Khan. No borg. J.J. wanted to make
STAR TREK new again, I do not see how these tired,
old chestnuts could do that. Have STAR TREK meet
JURASSIC PARK, where gelatinous aliens are trying
to take over the earth, before man-kind's arrival
so he never gets to evolve. They fight aliens,
ward off dinosaurs, save the earth, alter "reality"
some more, for the next movie ... whatever. Just no
more familiar villains, let's try something else.

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 15 2010, 8:27 pm

A million dollars? That covers costumes for the extras ...
it's a start, at least! It doesn't have to be dinosaurs,
and it doesn't have to be "never before seen, in a movie,"
either. Just "never before seen ... in a STAR TREK movie."
The series was neutered before, because of tradition and
formula. Why only go part of the way, by continuing to use
canon, standardized alien races? Let's jettison all that.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 8:04 am

I want to be surprised. I read too many spoilers for Nemesis and ruined it for myself. I've learned not to expect anything or look under the veil.

24thcenstfan

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 11:24 am

Since it is still so early in the process, the writers are still being tightlipped. About the only thing I've seen them talk about are Klingons. How the fans want to see more Klingons and how they are not sure how they can make that happen (based on whatever storyline/villain they come up with).

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 2:17 pm

Tommy_boy22
I'm already bored of the dinosaur idea!
I've thought of something else, entirely.
OK, are you ready for this ... ?

Aliens send scouts to the ENTERPRISE from
their UFO, but they get fired on and flee ...
leaving behind one, alien, who hides in Kirk's
closet. Kirk discovers him there, of course and
lures him out with a bag of skittles. They soon
form a psychic bond. Only, the alien needs to
get back to his UFO, or he'll die. Uhura dresses
him up, with her wig and jewelry, so he starts to
become endearing to the audience. Meanwhile, Spock
must invent a new technology to contact the UFO, so
they can come back and retreive their comrade ... I'm
not doing a lot of writing, but the ideas keep popping!

Dendodge

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 2:32 pm

I think they should make a film where an old NASA probe becomes some kind of artificial life-form and forms a massive energy crowd to go in search of its "creator", inadvertently destroying everything it comes across. Kirk and co would be dispatched to try and stop it.

Nobody's made anything like that yet . . . oh, wait . . .

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 2:37 pm

This sequel is going to decide if i stick
it out with this reboot. If the idea is,
people know the name KLINGONS, it'll be
easy money, if we can just make them look
cool ... then I give up. I'm out. I was
very excited by the idea of liberating
TOS from canon, entirely. I really didn't
get a lot of that last time. I'm becoming
fearful I will get even less of it next time!

Wildish

Report this Sep. 17 2010, 3:09 am

I had this Idea a while back, and nows a good time to share it, ok let me explain Spock oftain explained that his ancestors were violent and warlike until wots his name came along and brought Logic to them and taught the Vulcans to hide their emotions right? (my theory about the Romulans is that they too wanted to break away, not just from those teachings but also forge a far less aggressive offshoot of the originals) anyway what I had in mind is what if these "original" Vulcans, who make the mighty Klingons, Romulans and the Jem'Hadar look like pasifists,  came  back some how and went to war against the rest of the galaxy (prehaps in retaliation to the destruction of Vulcan), we can then get to see evil mad, but no less intelligent space elves, erm, i mean Vulcans and their Vulcan Warbirds and Birds of Prey etc. maybe some super-weopon that can destroy entire Star-systems they've invented, how dose that sound eh?

(maybe the hidden Planet they've been exiled to "Vulcanis Minor" can get rediscovered in some way leading to all this, hmmmm?)

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

WkdYngMan

Report this Sep. 17 2010, 2:15 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>JJ Abrams should have made the movie based on good judgment. Have the voyage be the main event, show the stars and the galaxy with more detail, have the viewer think that their apart of the process, then voyage out. It was the fact that they rushed to produce a movie just to bring in money without knowing the ramifications of their actions.

They spent 2 and a half years on the film.  The ramifications was having one of the most popular Trek films and one of the most successful in franchise history (and please, save the "Just because it made a lot of money doesn't mean it's good" argument for someone who hasn't heard it yet.)

Users browsing this forum: sonofspock1