Which series had better good episode to bad episode ratio in your opinion

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 2:48 pm

I was just wondering about this.  TNG had 2 bad seasons. Voyager overrall was poor. 2 out of 4 seasons (half) of Enterprise was bad.  DS9 had bad episodes here and there but not entire seasons.  TOS in my opinion had only 10 bad episodes out of 79 which makes 87% of the show good. That's a B+ rating. What do you think.

"take us out"...

captbates

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 3:16 pm

Voyager wasn't poor overall, it has some of Treks best episodes. I'd say if you were going to look at it this way then, yeah TOS comes top easily, followed by DS9.

If you can read this it means I've got something to work on here.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 4:28 pm

TNG. But maybe just because that's the one I grew up with.

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 4:30 pm

Quote: captbates @ Sep. 06 2010, 3:16 pm

really? if that's your opinion that's great. however I've seen the list of best trek episodes by the fans and none of them are voyager episodes.

"take us out"...

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 4:31 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Sep. 06 2010, 4:28 pm

TNG. But maybe just because that's the one I grew up with.

TNG is good overall however. the first 2 seasons were weak. seasons 3-7 were good.

"take us out"...

fooledagain

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 6:24 pm

1st place TOS (best overall at real scifi stories)
2nd place TNG (more hits than misses)
3rd place VOY (more misses than hits)
4th place DS9 (war, war, and oh yeah...war)
5th place ENT (too many post 911 reaction plots)

Camorite

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 6:44 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Sep. 06 2010, 4:30 pm

Quote: captbates @ Sep. 06 2010, 3:16 pm

ok tribblenator, i just pulled out my Fan Collective sets, which of course where supposed to be picked by the fans, and will read off the number of episodes for each series.

Time Travel:

Alternate Realities
Enterprise 4
TOS 4
TNG 4
DS9 4
Voyager 4

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 10:58 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Sep. 06 2010, 6:44 pm

>camorite
well to be fair TOS didn't have 7 seasons. just to be fair.

"take us out"...

Vger23

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 4:58 am

1. TOS (very few stinkers, and even those are still watchable for nostalgia!)
2. TNG (2nd season gawd-awful, kid episodes terrible, Wesley episodes mostly bad, Dr. Crusher episodes bad)
3. DS9 (1st two seasons extremely uneven)
4(t). VOY ENT (less good than bad in each series, in my humble opinion)

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

captainroe

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 7:00 am

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 10:46 am

Quote: captainroe @ Sep. 07 2010, 7:00 am

You make a good point. ENT and VOY had the benefit of an experienced production team, they should have been MORE amazing.

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 7:10 pm

Quote: captainroe @ Sep. 07 2010, 7:00 am

DS9- Very few bad episodes, especially during the last 3 seasons. It seems as if many of the truly bad ones were Ferengi-centered. TNG-Right off hand I can only say there were 3 or 4 really deplorable episodes. Midway through the shows run, even the not so good episodes had a little something of value in them. VOY- The show had plenty of slow episodes, and 4 or 5 awful ones you never ever want to watch again. TOS-There are plenty of episodes that I don't like, but to be fair, it didn't have a 7 season run like the aforementioned. ENT-Granted the show only lasted only 4 seasons but it had plenty of background material to work with and it failed to take advantage of that. It has way too many bad episodes.

that is odd. a very seasoned trek team working on the shows with lots of experience and they made even crappier shows. I guess its true what they say about the longer you do things the more downhill you get.

"take us out"...