Movie questions to bake the noodle

KALEL_10

Report this Sep. 04 2010, 2:55 pm

Okay gang, here's the questions: In Nu Trek, when Kirk found Spock in the cave on the frozen, desolate planet, Spock is in a cave with a nice campfire burning. Now, maybe it's just me, but did anyone else see any trees on that planet? In every scene, not even a stick on the ground. So where'd he get that wood? (the burning wood. In the fire. On screen. In the movie.)Yeah, that wood.

Next question: In Star Trek IV, when Checkov is being questioned by the NCIS guys, and he (Checkov) gets up and says "I'm afraid I vill have to stun you", and the Klingon disruptor dosen't work, he runs, leaving the disruptor, communicator, and what I figure is the equivilent to a Klingon tricorder behind. Why didn't they try to recover those items? I mean, in every other episode concerning time travel, they're so careful not to leave anything in the past because it might pollute the time stream. Except this one. Does anyone else think that the NCIS guys might not have sent that stuff somewhere to be analyzed?

"I'm always around."

megan512

Report this Sep. 05 2010, 9:05 am

I've never thought about that. Makes you wonder....

captbates

Report this Sep. 05 2010, 10:29 am

The question is what happened to the marshmallows, lol.

Yeah, you know what the TOS movies were like, they weren't too big on sub-plots.

If you can read this it means I've got something to work on here.

KALEL_10

Report this Sep. 05 2010, 4:42 pm

"I'm always around."

captbates

Report this Sep. 05 2010, 5:15 pm

Quote: KALEL_10 @ Sep. 05 2010, 4:42 pm

>Here's another question from a military standpoint: My example will be from Nemesis. In the battle between the Enterprise and the Schimitar, when Picard transported aboard the Schimitar, why didn't they just transport a mine or a bomb to the ship? I mean, they do garry gravitic mines, don't they? As a former soldier, I would've taken a mine or bomb, cooked the timer to the last two or three seconds and then transported it to the matrix or whatever that was where Picard killed Shinzon. Picard transported in...why not transport a bomb in? Makes sense to me. Of course, I know it's a movie/script/keep the audience on the edge of their seat deal...but, huuummm?

Yup, I don't think Trek wants to go down that road. Voyager beamed a Photon torpedo onto a Borg ship once, but for some reason the writers won't use the transporters as a weapon, probably because they are always off line with the first hit, along with the warp drive, lol.

If you can read this it means I've got something to work on here.

megan512

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 6:10 am

For Spock and the wood, it's possible that the Romulans gave him supplies so that he could survive, that way he'd be able to see the destruction of Vulcan. You're post got me thinking, haha.

hwmongoose

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 2:32 pm

He used his hand-held replicator?

Zero One

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 3:33 pm

Hey guys, I hope everyone is well. I have a question regarding the latest Trek film. I loved the film, but I was taken back when I saw the ships being built on the ground. They didn't really explain that and from what i know all the ships are built in space dock. I just found it rather odd that they would build these massive ships on the ground. Does anyone have an idea whats up or do you think it was a mistake with the writers?

megan512

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 4:53 am

Quote: Zero One @ Sep. 06 2010, 3:33 pm

I always thought that they were built in Space Dock. So I don't know.

Caesar753

Report this Sep. 18 2010, 6:24 pm

I thought this was odd too, but there is a precedent for this sort of thing.  See the image below of a Galaxy class ship being built at Utopia Planitia.  This is supposed to be Mars, of course, but Star Trek XI isn't the first time we've seen a ship built on the surface of a planet.