Anyone a higher rank than Lt JG?

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Sep. 03 2010, 4:37 pm

im not sure how i was promoted from ensign to lt jg. if your higher can you tell me how to get "promoted'.

captbates

Report this Sep. 03 2010, 5:00 pm

Maybe you assimilated it, lol.

If you can read this it means I've got something to work on here.

captain_stesney

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 3:08 am

Amen.  I'd quote you JustHereForFun but, it appears my quote option is non-functional

» тяuтяэкŋuт «

CornishMonkey

Report this Sep. 08 2010, 2:10 am

My rank is Commander (see my avatar). I have my own ranking system based on my post count that I monitor myself. I used this very successfully on the old ST.com which was much better than the new ST.com.

"What's wrong, Captain Picard?" "What's wrong? I'm a serious Shakespearian actor, and I'm talking to the ambassador of the F**KING WORM PEOPLE!"

Jason222

Report this Sep. 12 2010, 5:11 pm

I have no idea I think something just fun do here.Have yet see though any Captions or Admirals.

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Sep. 14 2010, 1:54 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

I saw someone with 65000 posts or something like that. He or she was only a lt jg.

Yes, those of us from the old boards got our accounts (complete with post-counts) transferred to the new board. However, the rank system doesn't seem to have anything to do with posts. Or, at least, not entirely.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

Dewleaf

Report this Sep. 14 2010, 2:54 pm

What I find is strange is that I have almost five thousand posts and I'm still listed as an "ensign". I could care less....I just find it amusing.....

megan512

Report this Sep. 14 2010, 6:21 pm

I think it would have something to do with how many posts you have, since there's not really anything else you can do, but who knows. They seem pretty pointless.

megan512

Report this Sep. 16 2010, 7:43 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

And I've seen people with less posts but higher rank. Maybe they promote you if you buy stuff? Anyone for an Enterprise pizza cutter?

I don't think buying stuff improves your rank, because I've bought some stuff and no change. But I kind of like the idea of an Enterprise pizza cutter. xD

Wildish

Report this Sep. 17 2010, 1:56 pm

I would like to find out how, i'm trying to experiment a bit, got an Idea.

Ok experiment over didn't work (hope I didn't annoy anyone)

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Dendodge

Report this Sep. 18 2010, 7:30 am

If I had to guess, I would conjecture that it is more to do with post frequency (hence activity levels) than raw post count. That could explain it, and doesn't seem like an overly unreasonable system (albeit a counter-intuitive one).

Wildish

Report this Sep. 21 2010, 11:40 am

I've no secrets, Just as confused by this as anyone.

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

johnd777

Report this Sep. 21 2010, 4:35 pm

Ahhh yawwwwww

johnd777

Report this Sep. 21 2010, 4:36 pm

Never mind!

T'Lyra X

Report this Sep. 24 2010, 10:30 am

I tend to agree with the person who hypothesized that post frequency is the key to promotion. I also wonder if perhaps it is random. Have any of the webmasters mentioned anything?

LLP in a flash ------Lt. T'Lyra X.