Las Vegas Convention "45" years of Star Trek 2011

Star54

Report this Sep. 01 2010, 4:34 pm

Insane....I have already booked the Rio for next year....!!!! Hopefully since its year 45 it will be better than ever!!!

MaxwellPowert

Report this Sep. 01 2010, 8:16 pm

I hope to go. I still got a ways to go to pay for my gold tickets first before the Hotel room.

MaxwellPowert

Report this Sep. 02 2010, 12:48 am

I'd like to go to the 50th anniversary con too.

dag1701

Report this Sep. 03 2010, 7:53 pm

If i get this year paid off in time, I'm going!!! I just hope they don't pull another experence i had with them. I went to near by con in chicago. At the end they annouced we could buy next years gold ticket at same price before prices went up. Anr the next year was going to be TNG 10th anniverasry since finally! its sure to be a big TNG weekend in chcicago they said. I bought tickets. The next year two from TNG were there. a couple from star wars and a couple from DS9. Hardly a TNG weekend as they sold it as the year before. I had fun, but was disapointed some.

moichino

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 12:55 pm

I'm going - maybe not Gold level but I'm going. I went this year on the cheap...my first convention....great value at $35! THE most fun I've had in a long time.

on this bank and shoal of time, we jump the life to come

Dewleaf

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 12:51 pm

I'd love to go to the Las Vegas convention next year. I'm sure that it is awesome. It depends on when it is & a few other factors whether I'll be able to go or not.

ShirtlessKirk

Report this Sep. 08 2010, 5:40 am

Hi, everybody, I'm a n00bie just discovering this online world.

So, to the experienced around here, I'm considering forking over the big bucks to go to Vegas gold package next year. Is it worth it to buy one of the special packages? My first convention ever and I have a costume -- Marlene from "Mirror Mirror".

I really want a photo op with Shatner and Nimoy, which is why I'm considering the expensive package. What do you (y'all) think?

"Brain and Brain! What is Brain?"

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 08 2010, 5:56 pm

shirtlesskirk
You would make an awesome Carol Marcus!

ShirtlessKirk

Report this Sep. 08 2010, 9:50 pm

Thank you most kindly, 2takesfrakes!   I'm not sure how to costume for Carol Marcus, and I certainly have time to research it!  Have you attended the Vegas Con before?  Is it worth it to buy the special packages?

"Brain and Brain! What is Brain?"

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 09 2010, 6:02 am

I have not been to one of these conventions
and I do not know if it is worth the price
for these Special Package Deals. I'm sorry.
I can only offer an uneducated opinion on it:
Personally, I do not believe these deals offer
any kind of uniquely personalized experience
with the actors or anything else like that.
It's all a rip-off, really. But if you got a
lot of coin burning a hole in your purse, then
value be damned! Go for it and report back to us!

RobynRayne

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 7:14 pm

I am planning on going to my first ever Star Trek convention with my fiance. I want to get the gold pass cause my fiance is a bigger Star Trek fan then me. I am hoping that the gold passes aren't sold out in january when I have the money to pay for it. People think I am crazy for spending so much but I have heard it is better to spend money on memories than on items. Also I found the Rio charges a 100 fee but I don't know if it per day or just for the whole week we will be book. Does anyone know?

fireh8ter

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 2:20 pm

I went to the 40th Anniversary Convention and it was awesome.  I would like to attend next year's convention, but I might hold out for the 50th Anniversary convention.

TKeid

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 8:51 pm

I'm a convention newbie too and I don't plan on getting a gold package as I just want to pick and choose a few activities. Do I need to book those online beforehand? Because I don't see a way to do that.

✌ T'Keid

MaxwellPowert

Report this Dec. 08 2010, 11:19 pm

I just booked my suite at the Rio and my plane tickets.

All I need to do now is save money.

dag1701

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 5:01 am

Has anyone else noticed the change in Creation Entertainment Photo op policy? It now says only two people per photo op ticket. So if you now have a group of 3 to 4 you ned to buy two tickets. If you have a group of 5 to 6 you need to purchase 3 photo op tickets, etc. Its just getting to expensive to attend cons.................................