Star Trek The Motion Picture Director's Cut - Bluray

Amphigory

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 4:33 pm

I really do hope that Paramount are working on a bluray version of the brilliant director's cut TMP. I just loved the new FX that were created for the director's cut. It just added a new dimension to the movie for me, being able to see the FX and scenes originally intended for the movie (like seeing Vulcan properly ).

I hope Paramount can get the movie re-rendered for 1080p!

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on. -- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett 3DS 0903-2758-0800 Miiverse diaglyph

Vger23

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 7:08 pm

Nope,

The re-done special effects (CGI) were done in such a way that they cannot be remastered for 1080p, so that's why they didn't do it in the first place.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Celedor

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 7:17 pm

That's too bad. I agree that the director's cut of TMP has great new effects, and I like the tweeks in the editing as well.

Vger23

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 7:20 pm

Quote: Celedor @ Aug. 28 2010, 7:17 pm

I totally agree. The Director's Cut is the best version of the film. I own that DVD, the new blu-ray, and the ancient VHS cassette of the television "extended edition."

The new blu-ray looks absolutely fantastic, though. It basically looks like a brand new movie. It's amazing.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

2takesfrakes

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 7:29 pm

I would love to see the original theatrical release on DVD.
To my knowledge, this has never been issued and I'm very
disappointed, by that. The Director's Cut is overrated, in
my opinion. For one thing the orignal's FX are ALL in there,
at their FULLEST length, which was a bad idea, for instance.
And dubbing in TOS bridge noises was not a plus for me ...
I could go on, but I definitely prefer the original release.

Users browsing this forum: wissa, FleetAdmiral_BamBam