My Beef About Star Trek "Beta"

ah3rd

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 1:03 pm

The EPGs, mainly, are horribly incomplete, bereft of the production code, original airdate, writing, directing, producing credits and guest cast listings that made the previous edition worth checking out. All I can see is a few pics and the detailed synopsis!! A very bitter thumbs down.

Please remedy this soon...

_______________________________________________ Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com, aaronhandy_iii@hotmail.com, classictvbuff@aim.com, ahiii@lycos.com, ah3_tv_fan@excite.com, ah_trois@mail.com, aarhan3@gmail.com The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine - A Site Dedicated To Favorite Shows---Yours And Mine! - http://tvwebshrine.tvheaven.com/

gdog243

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 1:25 pm

They probably won't. The Boards were activated almost two months ago, and not much has been done to improve them. It sucks.

CO_Fowler

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 7:25 pm

But this 'IS' the 'New and improved' MB's and site. :: sighs ::

I wonder if TPTB even realizes that this is NOT going to bring and KEEP people here.

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

K_tigress

Report this Aug. 30 2010, 2:51 pm

I think what really is not helping this situation is the lack of communication between the users of this site and the people who are in charge of running this site. It really makes people feel a bit disrespected and small. This is a site for the people and I know its a pain in the arse but communication is a must and professional.
On the other side I know programming a site can just as well be a pain and they probably only have one person working on the site but still, if having difficultys, should be humble and say so and get the help they need from other fellow programmers so that they can get the job done.
The official RD site is an excellent example. The guy that runs the site takes care of the programming but he also freely communicates with the users if they raise concerns about for example if something is not working right est. The site was recently also renovated. Even though they could not salvage the post counts they were how ever able to save the user accounts and other things with only minor bugs.
Point is communication and the rest is history.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Sep. 10 2010, 1:58 am

Until like yesterday I stayed away from these boards for a good month hoping that I'd come back to a pleasant surprise. The addition of an edit feature... and nothing else... is NOT what I'd call a pleasant surprise.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

Doctor_Bashir

Report this Sep. 11 2010, 9:25 am

when will be stable released site?

live long and prosper.

gregteft

Report this Sep. 12 2010, 10:31 am

what happened to all those great wallpapers from the remastered original series?

enduranc1e

Report this Sep. 27 2010, 8:32 pm

nothing is perfect we just make it better as time passes?

ncc1701jam

Report this Oct. 09 2010, 2:34 pm

i think it works great .videos play well i enjoy it thanks star trek . com

star trek fan all my life

Roboto

Report this Oct. 09 2010, 4:44 pm

Quote: ncc1701jam @ Oct. 09 2010, 2:34 pm

i think it works great .videos play well i enjoy it thanks star trek . com

Really? Well, two posts... I suppose you have yet to discover the- *ahem*- "joys" of maneuvering around these "great" boards. You're a newbie though, so you can be forgiven.
(I'm just poking at you, no harm meant. ;-) Welcome to ST.com.)

Captmark29@hotmail.com

Report this Oct. 09 2010, 8:58 pm

I have not been on the st.com for a long time. I thought they forgot the star trek fans. I was right, they did. Oh don't get me wrong, I kind of like the video area, but they don't need to know my address and other personal information about me. I thought it was an invasion of my personal information for a little web site and ranting about some stupid things.

megan512

Report this Oct. 10 2010, 7:29 am

I wish they would communicate with us. It would be much better if they did. But I'm going to assume that that won't happen anytime soon.

CO_Fowler

Report this Oct. 10 2010, 11:31 am

They really should have made sure that all of the bugs/glitches and problems were taken care of WAY before they clsoed the old site and opened this one. Just sayin'

Matthias Russell

Report this Oct. 10 2010, 1:24 pm

I don't understand why administrators or people important to the franchise don't ever chime in. It would be nice to know our thoughts and reactions are being viewed.

Users browsing this forum: 22123magic