Girl Trek names please

Gleekoid32

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 8:20 am

I am 22 weeks pregnant with a girl. I was wondering if anyone here had an idea as to whay I could call her, a trek name, but not something ridiculously absurd like T'Pol or T'Pring or Uhura, as I already have a son called Jonathan Archer?

Mum to 3 boys, Jonathan Archer-8 Huey Martin and Trip Jonah, who sadly passed away in my tummy. RIP.

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 8:44 am

Beverly and Kathryn are good names and not so obviously trek

Gleekoid32

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 2:37 pm

being pregnant must have something to do with my ability to think clearly! lol!

If I call my daughter Amanda, that'd be naming her after me. My middle names are Gail and Amanda. ;)

2takesfrakes

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 9:55 pm

Whilst she's never been on STAR TREK,
I've always found Fairuza Balk's name
to be very interesting and feminine ...
Say it loud and it's like music is playing.
Say it soft ... and it's almost like praying ...
"Fairuza"

mjmr1701

Report this Aug. 21 2010, 12:26 am

My very best friend is named Tasha. She really reminds me of Tasha Yar. She works in security (Jail actually) and is very tough but also very very motherly. She like Yar has survived life in hostile places where she was targeted because she's a woman. Every time I call her or talk to her and say her name I think of her as my Yar.

People can call me a nerd all they want. Trek is amazing.

"To Boldy Go"

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Aug. 21 2010, 1:33 am

Leela, Guinan, Troi, Laren, Jadzia, Ezri.

Just to put them: some other sci-fi names. Alia, Siona(DUNE)

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert(Dune)

Gleekoid32

Report this Aug. 22 2010, 2:11 pm

I have a girl named Natasha. How about Tasha? But is it bad luck to name her after someone who died?
Ro - for Ensign Ro
Annika - 7/9's human name.

My name is Sacha, and that sounds too much like Tasha!

Camorite

Report this Aug. 22 2010, 3:34 pm

lets see now, there is Deana, Ishara, Anika (7 of 9), Keko, Molly, Kasity, Rachel (after Rachel Garret Captian of the Enterprise C), Samantha, and Naomi (the wildman's).

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

tea8765

Report this Aug. 23 2010, 7:47 pm

I have an Amanda & a Tasha, (and my wife has no idea they are trek names) I think Lal is a great name.

Gleekoid32

Report this Aug. 24 2010, 12:03 pm

I was thinking of Kira Nerys-spelt Cira Nerys-partly because I want a Welsh name. :)

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Sep. 04 2010, 1:37 am

i believe all the obvious/best names have been stated by the helpful fans of star trek who bet me to it.

Challengerdyer1

Report this Sep. 04 2010, 10:42 am

Nyota

Illia

Majel

Nichelle

Persis

Ardra

Saavik

Jolene

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn