New TOS Animated Movie

Capt Kirk

Report this Aug. 17 2010, 11:31 am

I was thinking how great it would be for the remaining original series actors return to voice their characers in a new CGI movie. This movie would conclude the original 5 year mission and give fans the ending of that mission we've all been craving to see. If successful they could even do a few miniseries of missions from that final year's mission. Maybe Simon Pegg and Karl Urban to do Scotty and McCoy. What do you think?

PikeFan

Report this Aug. 17 2010, 3:51 pm

Hmm... sounds interesting...

~ Never fear, Pikey's here! ~ "Are you from the future?" "He is. I'm not." "Well, that's brilliant. Do they still have sandwiches there?!" - Montgomery Scott and James Kirk

2takesfrakes

Report this Aug. 17 2010, 3:53 pm

Sounds dreadful.

WilburWood

Report this Aug. 18 2010, 1:28 pm

Quote: Capt Kirk @ Aug. 17 2010, 11:31 am

>I was thinking how great it would be for the remaining original series actors return to voice their characers in a new CGI movie.

If they do, I sure hope they put more effort into it than they did with TAS!! Man, talk about a lack of enthusiasm!! *laughs*

MORTAL, YOU HAVE EARNED THIS!!

perrys2271

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 6:06 am

I think they should re-do the animated series from 1974 into CGI.

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 10:02 pm

Quote: WilburWood @ Aug. 18 2010, 1:28 pm

Quote: Capt Kirk @ Aug. 17 2010, 11:31 am

Blow me, Wilbs, and I mean that in the best possible way. TAS was just fine, thank you very much. I understand that all the extra colors made it hard for you to follow... :p

WilburWood

Report this Aug. 21 2010, 1:03 pm

Quote: CommodoreSchmidlapp @ Aug. 20 2010, 10:02 pm

Quote: WilburWood @ Aug. 18 2010, 1:28 pm

Quote: Capt Kirk @ Aug. 17 2010, 11:31 am

Now, is THAT nice, Ensign??? Whassammatta, the liquor store closed?? ;-)

MORTAL, YOU HAVE EARNED THIS!!

O. Wilish

Report this Aug. 22 2010, 10:44 am

I was just thinking that a few weeks ago (Final Fantasy style CGI)

make it so eh?

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 22 2010, 2:47 pm

An interesting idea, if the chars are done accurately, and of course the technology today is much better. I will speak in defense of TAS, which had some well-written eps therein,and, in that decade's animation, I feel Prescot and co. did a good job capturing the likenesses of the main crew.

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 22 2010, 4:19 pm

Animated movie? yes. CGI movie? no. CGI humans still look so awful they are hard to watch

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam