ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

The President Obama appreciation thread

UNTRugby

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1212

Report this Nov. 06 2010, 12:56 pm

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Nov. 06 2010, 11:56 am

get your facts right,there is 151,000 new jobs added to the economy..


hahahaha those were all from the census which they broke up into 8 phases about a month long and you got hired and fired at the end of 8 phases so its really only 18,000 jobs that lasted 8 months

chr33355

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1551

Report this Nov. 06 2010, 1:32 pm

no last month their were like 150,000 private sector jobs added

UNTRugby

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1212

Report this Nov. 06 2010, 4:06 pm

Quote: chr33355 @ Nov. 06 2010, 1:32 pm

no last month their were like 150,000 private sector jobs added


oh i see hes only talking about last month and ignoring that the previous 2 months the economy lost 149,000 jobs. I thought he was talking about the total jobs that obama has "added" where he gets to act like he added 400k census jobs and there were only about 50k

Corwin8

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8468

Report this Nov. 06 2010, 4:43 pm

More math foolishness. Next we will hear that if you pay income taxes and get a refund you have paid zero taxes.

Let the bridges I burn light the way. You are special, just like everybody else. Calling an illegal alien an ‘undocumented immigrant’ is like calling a drug dealer an ‘unlicensed pharmacist’

Enterprise19

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1544

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 7:43 am

Really, why do people think he doesn't know what he's doing? He does; Bush just left a big mess for him to clean up!

Ponfo mirann.

UNTRugby

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1212

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 7:48 am

Quote: Enterprise19 @ Nov. 07 2010, 7:43 am

Really, why do people think he doesn't know what he's doing?


becuase just the mere association with him cost a lot of democrats their elections and possibly their political careers

DammitJim6200

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6876

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 11:29 am

You guys can talk Bad about Obama all you want, just because he's the best President this generation had..TOO BAD THERE'S NOT A REPUBILCAN TO BEAT HIM IN 2012, that foolish DIMWIT Sarah Palin IS THE BEST YA'LL GOT !!


SO GET USED TO OBAMAMANIA !!

chr33355

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1551

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 3:33 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Obama may be the best president of all time. Health care, ending the war in Iraq, riding out the economic crisis, hopefully ending the war in Afghanistan soon, hopefully closing Guantanamo, permitting stem cell research, and changing the tone from what nation the USA is going to invade to what are we going to do for our own people and the problems we face.

He didn't fix health care he keep the say system just forced more rules on the insurance companies and the customers, If he closes Guantanamo where will we keep the terrorist prisoners, he didn't ban stem cell research only limited federal funding on embryonic stem cells the usefulness of which is dubious at best, He had nothing to do with ending Iraq that plan was already on the books in the last years of the Bush administration, and actually world opinion of America hasn't changed we are still hated around the world because we are America and it is the cool thing to do right now.

DS9TREK

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 14322

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 5:03 pm

Quote: Enterprise19 @ Nov. 07 2010, 7:43 am

>Really, why do people think he doesn't know what he's doing? He does; Bush just left a big mess for him to clean up!


He promised to close Guantanamo, but now he's not going to bother, he promised to end don't ask don't tell, that's not happening now. He's offended half the world leaders he's met, he shocked Indian's by being the first ever person use a teleprompter in the Indian Parliament "we thought he was a great orator" said one Indian MP.


He said he was going to fix healthcare for all time... and came up with a system that still leaves poorer Americans without cover. He listened to Gordon Brown and tried to borrow & spend America rich, even though Chancellor Merkel and President Sarkozy told them they were idiots. He kept attacking a non-existent British company called British Petroleum. There is however a multi-national company called BP which 40% British, 39% American. Need I go on...?


 

JaydenJaneway

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1140

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 5:50 pm

Quote: DS9TREK @ Nov. 07 2010, 5:03 pm

Quote: Enterprise19 @ Nov. 07 2010, 7:43 am

>Really, why do people think he doesn't know what he's doing? He does; Bush just left a big mess for him to clean up!

He promised to close Guantanamo, but now he's not going to bother, he promised to end don't ask don't tell, that's not happening now. He's offended half the world leaders he's met, he shocked Indian's by being the first ever person use a teleprompter in the Indian Parliament "we thought he was a great orator" said one Indian MP.

He said he was going to fix healthcare for all time... and came up with a system that still leaves poorer Americans without cover. He listened to Gordon Brown and tried to borrow & spend America rich, even though Chancellor Merkel and President Sarkozy told them they were idiots. He kept attacking a non-existent British company called British Petroleum. There is however a multi-national company called BP which 40% British, 39% American. Need I go on...?

 


your right on all of those
he also promised to bring our troops home from iraq and end this useless war, but has he?
the only president i thought was any good was Clinton

UNTRugby

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1212

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 11:24 pm

Quote: JaydenJaneway @ Nov. 07 2010, 5:50 pm

Quote: DS9TREK @ Nov. 07 2010, 5:03 pm

Quote: Enterprise19 @ Nov. 07 2010, 7:43 am

>Really, why do people think he doesn't know what he's doing? He does; Bush just left a big mess for him to clean up!

He promised to close Guantanamo, but now he's not going to bother, he promised to end don't ask don't tell, that's not happening now. He's offended half the world leaders he's met, he shocked Indian's by being the first ever person use a teleprompter in the Indian Parliament "we thought he was a great orator" said one Indian MP.

He said he was going to fix healthcare for all time... and came up with a system that still leaves poorer Americans without cover. He listened to Gordon Brown and tried to borrow & spend America rich, even though Chancellor Merkel and President Sarkozy told them they were idiots. He kept attacking a non-existent British company called British Petroleum. There is however a multi-national company called BP which 40% British, 39% American. Need I go on...?

 

your right on all of those he also promised to bring our troops home from iraq and end this useless war, but has he? the only president i thought was any good was Clinton


What made clinton such a good president? Hes the one who enacted dont ask dont tell, hes the one that implemented the polices that caused the banking collapse. He got impeached and had his law license suspended for 5 years. He sent tons of troops to Kosovo.

covertness

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 95

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 4:30 am

I am eternally grateful I am no longer on active duty. I think I'd rather cut my right arm off rather than salute obama.

DS9TREK

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 14322

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 5:15 am

Just to back up what I said earlier about some world leaders thinking Obama is an idiot for his spending, some quotes:

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said the US policy was "clueless" and would create "extra problems for the world".

South Africa's finance minister Pravin Gordhan warned that "developing countries, including South Africa, would bear the brunt of the US decision to open its flood gates without due consideration of the consequences for other nations." He goes on to say US policy "undermines the spirit of multilateral co-operation that G20 leaders have fought so hard to maintain during the current crisis."

Germany's finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on German television that "with all due respect, US policy is clueless. It is not that the Americans have not pumped enough liquidity into the market and now to say let's pump more into the market is not going to solve their problems."

WelcomeToQuarks

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 23

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 11:30 am

The fact that so many Star Trek fans appreciate President Obama is a testament to their intelligence and progressive nature. Obama is an honest, educated, and hardworking man and shares the ideals of the Star Trek world.

satyrquaze

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 163

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 12:00 pm

Quote: WelcomeToQuarks @ Nov. 08 2010, 11:30 am

The fact that so many Star Trek fans appreciate President Obama is a testament to their intelligence and progressive nature. Obama is an honest, educated, and hardworking man and shares the ideals of the Star Trek world.


QFT

We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again. -Captain Jean Luc Picard

Post Reply

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum