ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

The President Obama appreciation thread

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 10 2013, 9:22 am

Remember when Obama was saying that al Qaeda was "decimated" during the election?  Turns out the Intelligence Community was actually telling Obama that it was expanding.  (But then again.... anyone with a brain knew Obama as lying.)


http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/9/intel-clashes-obamas-election-year-al-qaeda-claims/

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 10 2013, 3:08 pm

Amazing - the government admits (in writing) what they're doing illegal activities... yet nothing happens.


http://domesticworldx.blogspot.com/2013/08/reuters-us-exclusive-irs-manual.html

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 10 2013, 3:27 pm

Looking at the BLS report for July... since March 2013, 187,000 full-time jobs were added..... but let's compare that to the part-time jobs -- 791,000. That means that 81% of jobs added since March 2013 were part-time jobs.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 11 2013, 3:00 pm

It's now been a year since the Benghazi massacre, and with all the promises from Obama, nothing has been done.  Even CNN found one of the people proportedly responsible for it, but somehow the US Intelligence Community can't?


Can anyone else say "coverup" ?

Billsy101

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 29

Report this Sep. 11 2013, 3:17 pm

As I was saying on the fleet forums BamBam, I like Obama for some things and for others I dont which is definitely what the general feeling about Obama is here in NZ.


Dominating the Star Trek Universe from little, old (young) New Zealand

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 11 2013, 3:28 pm

Quote: Billsy101 @ Sep. 11 2013, 3:17 pm

>

>As I was saying on the fleet forums BamBam, I like Obama for some things and for others I dont which is definitely what the general feeling about Obama is here in NZ.

>
For me (and a many others,) we believe in liberty - the very basis of our US Constitution.  That is the antithesis of what Obama (and many others) believe in (he's complained about (and violated) the Constitution and our freedoms many times.)  Many years ago, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and I take that oath seriously.  I'm not only a citizen by birth (and a Son of the American Revolution), I choose to take personal responsibility for my citizenship.  I also spend a lot of time studying history, which is why I am able to see where Obama is taking us.  History is cyclical.  It's not just Obama that I'm concerned about - it's anyone that supports big government (tyranny) over rights & freedoms.

Billsy101

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 29

Report this Sep. 11 2013, 6:00 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 11 2013, 3:28 pm

Quote: Billsy101 @ Sep. 11 2013, 3:17 pm

>

>
For me (and a many others,) we believe in liberty - the very basis of our US Constitution.  That is the antithesis of what Obama (and many others) believe in (he's complained about (and violated) the Constitution and our freedoms many times.)  Many years ago, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and I take that oath seriously.  I'm not only a citizen by birth (and a Son of the American Revolution), I choose to take personal responsibility for my citizenship.  I also spend a lot of time studying history, which is why I am able to see where Obama is taking us.  History is cyclical.  It's not just Obama that I'm concerned about - it's anyone that supports big government (tyranny) over rights & freedoms.


 


Yes, I as well spend alot of time studying history and I wont take a side as such just yet due to the fact that I don't know much about the Constitution and integral properties. But yes I also agree with you about people supporting the government blindly as such and not seeing the big picture. It is like that here in New Zealand there is much disagreement about the governing and opposition party policies and them thinking they are doing it for the people and not realising that they are restricting the publics rights and freedoms.


Dominating the Star Trek Universe from little, old (young) New Zealand

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 12 2013, 12:59 pm

Quote: Billsy101 @ Sep. 11 2013, 6:00 pm

>Yes, I as well spend alot of time studying history and I wont take a side as such just yet due to the fact that I don't know much about the Constitution and integral properties. But yes I also agree with you about people supporting the government blindly as such and not seeing the big picture. It is like that here in New Zealand there is much disagreement about the governing and opposition party policies and them thinking they are doing it for the people and not realising that they are restricting the publics rights and freedoms.
Well, if you ever decide to study the Constitution, I would suggest framing it by also reading the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, Madison's Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention and the Federalist & Anti-Federalist Papers.


Before they drafted the US Constitution, Thomas Jefferson (who was over in Europe at the time) was sending James Madison many tomes on governments throughout history.  While the documents I listed above may have been written for the USA, the principles of freedom and individual rights & responsibilities are universal.

Billsy101

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 29

Report this Sep. 12 2013, 3:14 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 12 2013, 12:59 pm

>

>Well, if you ever decide to study the Constitution, I would suggest framing it by also reading the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, Madison's Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention and the Federalist & Anti-Federalist Papers.

>Before they drafted the US Constitution, Thomas Jefferson (who was over in Europe at the time) was sending James Madison many tomes on governments throughout history.  While the documents I listed above may have been written for the USA, the principles of freedom and individual rights & responsibilities are universal.

>


Well you never know I might just end up doing that some time.


Dominating the Star Trek Universe from little, old (young) New Zealand

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 13 2013, 11:15 am

All time low - more and more people don't trust government


http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/government-trust-poll-96773.html?hp=r4


 


What I don't understand is why it's still so high... We're NOT supposed to trust government!

darmokattanagra

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 386

Report this Sep. 13 2013, 11:46 am

Quote: Billsy101 @ Sep. 12 2013, 3:14 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 12 2013, 12:59 pm

>

>

>Well, if you ever decide to study the Constitution, I would suggest framing it by also reading the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, Madison's Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention and the Federalist & Anti-Federalist Papers.

>Before they drafted the US Constitution, Thomas Jefferson (who was over in Europe at the time) was sending James Madison many tomes on governments throughout history.  While the documents I listed above may have been written for the USA, the principles of freedom and individual rights & responsibilities are universal.

>

Well you never know I might just end up doing that some time.


All you need to know is that the U.S. Constitution was drafted predominately by and for slaveowners and bankers to protect their interests and that attempting to point out this hypocrisy to those who revere the document is futile.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 13 2013, 2:15 pm

Quote: Billsy101 @ Sep. 12 2013, 3:14 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 12 2013, 12:59 pm

>

>

>Well, if you ever decide to study the Constitution, I would suggest framing it by also reading the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, Madison's Notes on the Debates in the Federal Convention and the Federalist & Anti-Federalist Papers.

>Before they drafted the US Constitution, Thomas Jefferson (who was over in Europe at the time) was sending James Madison many tomes on governments throughout history.  While the documents I listed above may have been written for the USA, the principles of freedom and individual rights & responsibilities are universal.

>

Well you never know I might just end up doing that some time.

Oh... and if you want to read some of the other writings of our Founding Fathers (and who they read,) feel free to ask.


If you do take the time to read these, you'll know more about the founding of the USA than most of our citizens.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 16 2013, 9:21 am

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 16 2013, 9:24 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 13 2013, 11:15 am

>

>All time low - more and more people don't trust government

>http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/government-trust-poll-96773.html?hp=r4

>What I don't understand is why it's still so high... We're NOT supposed to trust government!

>
New Gallup Poll - "Trust and Confidence" in Feds lower than during Watergate


It's still way too high....

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46304

Report this Sep. 17 2013, 9:53 am

Oh surprise....  Obama says he's going to break yet another law....


http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/foreign-policy/item/16548-president-breaks-arms-export-laws-to-send-shipments-to-syrian-rebels


 


And remember... who are the Syrian rebels?  al Qaeda....  Hezbollah...


Why is Obama wanting to arm the sworn enemies of the USA?

Post Reply

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: CO_Fowler

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum