If There Was A Starfleet, Who Would Join?

NCC1701RS

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 2:55 pm

I also loved how there was peace on earth and that there is no money needed. But how does that work is everything free, like a house or food?

williamslakesm

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 3:13 pm

Stuff is overated. I'd join Starfleet in a heartbeat for the experience.

NCC1701RS

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 3:24 pm

I am In NY so I wonder if they would put a starfleet Training Center.

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 3:35 pm

For most trekkies, it does rather seem an obvious choice, doesn't it? What if one could be able to actually travel at warp aboard a starship...visit planets like Vulcan, Qo'nos, Ocampa....but, I do wonder a bit, how many might, upon facing some of the harsher realities-and dangers-of star travel, and to so many indeed 'strange new worlds', ask themselves, ''Uh...was this a good career move, after all?''....I do think, and seems obvious, it would take, as in the Starfleet we know so well, a certain brand of individual-just as in our modern military(Thanks to all of you currently serving, or past. You're the best!)to step out into a far greater unknown, take risks that even our men and women in uniform will never experience, and on so vast a scale...Not everyone makes the cut, tougher, even, than what our fine Marines endure to graduate, makes it all the way through a Fleet career-as witnessed by, yes, a certain few, like Ron Tracy, or at all like  Merrick in ''Bread and Circuses''. I am pretty darn sure I would wash out, I have to confess. There are so many parameters involved.But, if one has the cleverness and tenacity of a James Kirk, or lifelong commitment of Jean-Luc Picard, anything is possible. It has so often happened in recruiting centers across this country, especially after 9/11. It was cool to finally get a glimpse of THE key test in Trek '09....well, there's one that has no winners, or losers..''It's a test of character''. TELL THAT TO JIM KIRK, GANG....Ah, to have even a smidgen of his 'I don't like to lose'......

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 3:57 pm

Quote: NCC1701RS @ Aug. 13 2010, 2:55 pm

Money is still around, there isnt a lot of need for it and its not the driving force. I think it got said one way and then got in cannon as there is no money, but i remember RDM saying the federation couldn't work properly without some form of currency

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 4:05 pm

There would at least need to be some form of currency, would there not, in order to be involved, on an economic level, with Non-Federation entities, like the Ferengi....just being VERY careful-especially if you're a green ensign stopping by DS9, and meet up with this gent named Quark....

Sora

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 5:47 pm

I'd join Starfleet in a heartbeat for sure. It's what I've always wanted to do with my life deep down.

Live Long and Prosper

GoudaBeluga

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 10:06 pm

of course I would join! I wish there really was a Starfleet.

tribblenator999

Report this Aug. 15 2010, 7:40 am

hell yeah. I would definitely join starfleet if it were the new starfleet from the new movie where you kick some alien booty everyday. :)

"take us out"...

konarciq

Report this Aug. 23 2010, 6:59 am

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Sep. 02 2010, 7:21 pm

Na, I'd join the Maquis!

Caesar753

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 6:43 pm

I would totally sign up, though everyone in Starfleet seems to be a lot better at math than I am, so I'm not sure how much I'd be able to contribute.

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 11:01 pm

Quote: konarciq @ Aug. 23 2010, 6:59 am

No way. I wouldn´t. I love watching the series, but I would never join anything military myself. And after all, in a way that´s what they are. I do think I would like to travel in space, warp speed, see all kinds of different planets and galaxies and stuff, and meeting aliens. But either as a vacation, or in some kind of non-military job. But to be honest, I think I´d prefer to live on this morally so improved Earth as described in the series, instead of out in space.

sure it's the military but you're not joining the modern military where they don't give you adequate gear, living conditions, or safety precautions. In star trek you get to live on big starships with your own quarters, have good food, travel to far off places, and 80% of the time not fight someone.

"take us out"...

Baitos

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 11:46 pm

Without a doubt!!

"Vulcan has no moon, Uhura."

megan512

Report this Sep. 07 2010, 3:47 pm

Oh yeah, I'd join in a heartbeat.