Gay marriage in the US

2takesfrakes

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 10:27 am

Personally, I believe that homosexuality is not natural
to the "human condition." How can a grown man look at
another man's hairy, mole-filled ass ... and find love?
It's not even truly "sex" they have, it's sodomy and/or
mutual masturbation. And I'm not trying to be funny, I'm
only saying that sex can really only occur between a man
and a woman. Call it a "technicality," on my part.

In much the same way, so this applies to the
"Institution of Marriage."

Having said that, even Oscar Wilde had children. Many gays
have had children, have adopted children. And for the sake
of the children, Civil Unions should, in my view, incorporate
the same legal priveledges and preferences that marriage does.
A technicality, to be sure, but I prefer the term Civil Union.
And this, I believe, should be legal, because it benefits kids.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 10:44 am

In a free society, everyone has the right to be miserable.

There's a kind of freedom in being totally screwed, you know things can't get any worse.

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 10:56 am

Im against it in an economical view, in that more people that get married gives more tax breaks and less tax dollars and requires a raise in taxes for me

BrotherofShran01

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 6:04 am

Against.

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 6:52 am

For. No government anywhere has a mandate to discriminate based on sexuality. That's especially true of the US, a nation founded on a constitution designed to protect minorities from oppression by the majority.

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 7:23 am

Quote: DS9TREK @ Aug. 14 2010, 6:52 am

So based on this polygamy should be aloud as well? and what about human-animal marriages? Where do we draw the line?

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 7:40 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Animals can't give informed consent. As for polygamy: why not? If they're all informed, consenting, adults of legal age, then what's the problem?
That's the exact answer I was gonna give.

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 7:43 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

I dint mean exactly the specifics of a human and an animal have a weeding, all though mentally handicapped people cant give informed consent and we let them get married in some states. I was basically asking if human animal sexual practices fall in the "liberal US do what you want opinion" What about religious animal sacrifices, assisted suicide, human cloning, genetic enhancements?

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 8:13 am

Quote: UNTRugby @ Aug. 14 2010, 7:43 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Religious animal sacrifices are allowed in the US - Jews and Muslims do this with all their meat. Whether it should be allowed is a debate for another thread, I'm of two minds myself.

UNTRugby

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 8:48 am

Quote: DS9TREK @ Aug. 14 2010, 8:13 am

Quote: UNTRugby @ Aug. 14 2010, 7:43 am

not exactly the same thing, some animal sacrifice is allowed in the us but only to people who practice santeria and there are lots of restrictions on it. Assisted suicide, cloning and genetic enhancements should be allowed. Government's only role should as policeman to ensure appropriate consent is given.

I think just like limiting freedoms can be a pandoras box so can an excess of freedoms. Theres plenty of fiction about how easily cloning and genetic enhancements can go wrong. Its easy to see how gay marriage should be allowed but the problem is what else will become a windfall becuase of it.

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 9:05 am

Quote: UNTRugby @ Aug. 14 2010, 8:48 am

Quote: DS9TREK @ Aug. 14 2010, 8:13 am

Quote: UNTRugby @ Aug. 14 2010, 7:43 am

I agree there's a possibilty cloning and genetic enhancements could become harmful in future. Care needs to be taken.

Gay marriage is only about equality and allowing it will be no more lead to harmful things than allowing inter-racial marriage has.

QdonQ

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 10:11 am

Yes for marriage for all.

I have found no reason not to allow gay marriage...

Even my conservative idol Dennis Prager (who I love) has yet to convince me.

This message is brought to you by the nWo. nWo 4 life!

Pengelou1

Report this Aug. 14 2010, 11:35 am

Fot of course.

Tureaz'47

Report this Aug. 15 2010, 2:28 am

Marriage is a constitution that doesn't belong to man but God. No. Nothing personal.

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

caltrek2

Report this Aug. 15 2010, 6:32 am

The United States is not a theocracy. Marriage also has a legal meaning. If a church refuses to acknowledge gay marriage, that should be a perogative of that church. That intolerance should not be an attitude that is codified into law.