Should Janeway have died on endgame?

dave1493

Report this Aug. 05 2010, 5:31 pm

I always felt that on the last episode that Janeway and Chakotay should have had their first kiss because their chemistry was way better than his and Seven of nine's. Then the borg would make an offer to janeway; be assimilated and voyager can go home. It would be such a sad ending as Janeway could give her final gift to  the voyager crew.

captain saavik

Report this Aug. 07 2010, 11:50 am

That would have been awsome if she had goten a kiss from chakotay lik rite b4 she left but technacly she did die it was just an older version of herself an she was assimilated partionally she had the nanoprobes in her blood stream an she was pale an she did die with the borg queen so she did do evrythin u sudggestd xcept get that wonderful kiss that i so badly wanted her to hav oh well she dies in a book later on i cryd at that it really hurt me.

tow74656

Report this Aug. 08 2010, 6:20 pm

I am glad she didn't die before bringing her crew home.  She needed to live.  I thought Endgame was perfect.

Tureaz'47

Report this Aug. 11 2010, 4:08 am

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

KimEnsor

Report this Aug. 13 2010, 9:58 am

I believe the way they handled the Voyager's crew return to earth in Homecoming and other books wraps things up nicely. I am curious to see if they will bring our beloved Admiral Janeway back with the new book releasing in 2011.

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 15 2010, 7:18 am

Well,it wasn't-unlike the death of the present day Kath in the novels I have heard so much discussion about-and agree with should be RECTIFIED ASAP!-a problem for me, really, overmuch, sure, sad, to see any Kathryn die-but, she did so in the spirit of a true heroine, one who sacrifices herself, for love of her friends, the entire point of her journey to the past. She burned her bridges, and did so, even if knowing the ones she left behind, like Harry in that bittersweet parting in her shuttle, she'd likely never see again, yet, with the comfort of knowing that, if she succeeded-and we KNOW how good Our Kath is at that-all their past selves' would vastly benefit, and precious lives saved. She did exactly what Jim Kirk would have done in that circumstance...like Sulu did in TUC, and ''Flashback''....stuff the regs. She did it out of love.This is one of the main reasons why I am such a big Janeway fan.

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

NCC1701RS

Report this Aug. 16 2010, 9:49 am

Janeway never died. Yes the future Janeway died but her present lived to start a new future for her self and the crew. The future janeway always knew that she would have to make a sacrifice in order for the crew to live.

"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name... Enterprise"

captain saavik

Report this Aug. 27 2010, 7:26 pm

Read the book before dishonor The present day Janeway is assimalated and she ultimitly dies in the end because the book said Jean-Luc was at her memorial service because she had become the borg's queen and the federation destroied her vessel that she opperated from so there you have it our valiant Kath has died okay it's still an open wound don't touch that sensitive spot in my heart cuz that means they can nvr bring her back wit out some seriouse time shifting or temperal anomily b4 she was the borg queen.

captbates

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 1:06 pm

Janeway did die in Engame (Admiral) so in a sense we got to have it both ways. Not only did she make the ultimate sacrafice and die for "her" crew, but she "Captain JW" was also able to get her ship and crew safely home to Earth.

If you can read this it means I've got something to work on here.

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 28 2010, 1:20 pm

To captain saavik, and all others who feel as we do, the book was a stab in the heart to many Janeway fans. I haven't read any of those books, the Destiny trilogy, or STV relaunch, and from the standpoint of Kath's death...FORGET IT. MAYBE I should give them a chance, but, to this point, I've gotten away from reading any ST novels at all-not that I don't love them, but I recall being on a rare occaision at a Barnes and Noble before, and thumbing through some passages with Chakotay, I think, and him dealing with her passing, and at the time at least thinking no way,and rejecting what was on the page. Sticking strictly to the issue of Janeway's death, dramatically, it might for some-such as the writer-was it Peter David-(Who has written I will say some very good ST novels) be 'sensible' and have such a big imapct to do this, but, please...I don't often complain about a lot in ST, but this move was a bust for me. Janeway is my second favorite in all of the female ST characters.Kirk was killed, yes, but after an entire series and films, and I  was glad Bill Shatner revived him.Sisko never died, but went away a bit. A lot of us Voyager fans count Janeway as the heart  and soul of Voyager, and we love her, and greatly value Kate for her work in breathing life into her. What a job!!So, no...killing her in the books, BAD MOVE. I thought I had heard, though, about some glimmer of hope that she could still exist in some manner out there...? I do hope that's true. If not....she is alive, well, and about to take on the challenge of the Delta Quadrant again-with some old and very dear friends-in Kesfan's fic world.....Long live Kathryn Janeway. Long live Voyager.

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 1:58 pm

well kesfan im glade im not the only one who felt that janeways death was a heart renching moment but to top that off she was the borg queen till someone killed her an the book where chakotay deals with her death is string theiry i didnt lik it either becuz lik u i cudnt get passed the fact that the living soul of voyager was dead.

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 06 2010, 3:11 pm

Oh, I am far from the only one who disagreed with the decision. I know of a good many very devoted Janeway fans at places like TrekBBS. Maybe one of these days, they will bring her back. I suppose making her the Borg Queen was some sort of 'poetic justice' for the Borg, shrug, but, in any case, let's see her back, in whatver form, as the Kath we know and love.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 08 2010, 6:02 am

Would some have been offended if they killed off the first female captain on-screen? I didn't understand in the books why the borg seemed to want janeway more than picard, guess janeway made it personal?

I think janeway deserved a shackleton like ending instead of a cook or magellan ending. You knew she loved her crew.

carlababe

Report this Sep. 08 2010, 7:38 am

I still can't believe she died....I can see where she's coming from, risking her life to save her crew, after all she was a captain in the other timeline for how long? And she did (I think and hope) love Chakotay, and she was upset that he died, but I'm happy that in Homecoming she wasn't dead....I love that book and I love Kathryn Janeway

"My name is Kathryn Janeway of the starship Voyager"

captain saavik

Report this Sep. 09 2010, 3:16 pm

If u trully lov janeway nvr evr read before dishonor itll break ur heart trust me it broke mine i cud barly finnish the book.