OMg!!!! What did the techs just do???!!!

love_those_spacemen

Report this Aug. 03 2010, 12:03 am

*peers about*

Oh, Spock... Is that a phaser in your pocket?

love_those_spacemen

Report this Aug. 03 2010, 12:07 am

Hmm, my post is on top.

Oh, Spock... Is that a phaser in your pocket?

Somniac

Report this Aug. 03 2010, 4:05 am

My God! Are we speaking Martian or what!?

Last posts in descending order in thread index, posts in ascending order within threads!
Don't you guys at admin ever use boards??

Obviously not.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

Angel_of_Shadows

Report this Aug. 03 2010, 7:01 am

Okay, seriously. Message boards are NOT this frelling difficult to figure out!

You can't take the sky from me...

love_those_spacemen

Report this Aug. 03 2010, 11:41 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

When I first figured this out, it was really frakin with my head. But this may be a change I could get used to. Not sure. I'm so used to opening a thread and seeing the original post then each subsequent post listed chronologically this is just backwards, but it may be easier after we get used to it? Thoughts folks? I appreciate the attempt and it appears that when you open a message board, the default is now [Last Post] [Descending] so that's GREAT!!. Not sure why that fix had to effect each topic though. Still no [Edit] and no way to preview your post unless you use [Post Reply].

I agree. It's initially counter-intuitive, but I could get used to it. Edit and PM would also be useful.

Oh, Spock... Is that a phaser in your pocket?

Somniac

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 1:31 am

Yeh, I guess i could get used to it. I am a bit puzzled though why this board should be different to all the others.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

Tureaz'47

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 4:33 am

Descending order

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

whyaduck

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 8:12 am

The threads listed in descending order is a good thing. The posts within a thread in descending order, not so good. There should be a way to go to the last unread post in a thread so you don't have to scroll up or down to start reading where you left off.

I don't understand why this site has to be so different than most other boards.

BTW, how do you insert a photo?

Trust me. She's got no sense of humor. She's always complaining. ~ Jonathan Archer

Somniac

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 9:28 am

Dunno how you insert pic. Had a look but can't find an attachment thingy.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

Ryssk

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 10:23 am

Let's see if this works.

Ryssk

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 10:24 am

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and assume that posting an image requires the use of html.Let's see if this works.

Ryssk

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 10:26 am

Stupid slow posting... For cripes' sake, give us ex-post-facto post editing capability!

Ryssk

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 10:38 am

LOL, I have no idea how that happened, and they actually look the same all three times on my end, in IE8 and in Firefox. Something weird in the way the code for the site is rendering, I suppose.

Somniac

Report this Aug. 05 2010, 1:53 am

Hmm. All three look the same to me too.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 05 2010, 3:37 am

They look the same to me too.