Will the Gorn make it to Star Trek XII as a returning foe?

NMukherjee72

Report this Jul. 23 2010, 2:11 pm

Hello friends,

The Gorn which appeared only once was introduced to Star Trek the classic series in 'The Arena'. I believe Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the writers for STAR TREK XII have an opportune moment to reintroduce the deadly reptillianoid, this time on the silver screen.

The Gorn which is one of the most formidable opponents in strategic combat can delight Star Trek fans once more if given the chance to be brought back as one of Star Trek's most verocious nemesis.

Your views and comments would be most welcome to add to the debate of who or what will appear in the next STAR TREK movie as the next nemesis for the new classic team to suggest to the writers of the next movie.

Thank you.

Neil.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jul. 23 2010, 2:33 pm

I'm sure that a lot of ideas are being tossed around, right now, because it's fun talking about it and paper is cheap. I do not doubt that there will be a villian, a "heavy". It will not be a natural disaster or friendly space probe, in disguise. Personally, I don't see the gorn as the greatest threat to the new STAR TREK crew, but I would not mind seeing the Gorn in it. Personally, I hope they avoid Khan, the Borg, or Klingons, in the next one. Why be a reboot, if only to rehash everything? Take a chance with the studio's money and come up with something wild ... that's my 2 cents.

Fabled Warrior

Report this Oct. 02 2010, 8:33 pm

If they do, they should do the gorns like ent. did them, that was better than T.O.S.'s gorn.

Death is a fact of life, you can't have one with out the other.

kmb035

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 12:54 pm

I hope I hope I hope the gorn is the next villan. I agree with fabled warrior

Fabled Warrior

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 7:12 pm

I wouldn’t call them a villain, but they could have boarder skirmishes till they establish a “free trade” neutral zone. They only seem territorial to me, not the type that’s interested in conquest (perhaps economic conquest).

Death is a fact of life, you can't have one with out the other.

johnd777

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 8:09 pm

I came up with a fairly decent script a few months back reworking a few things modernizing them etc. but I really think the rebooted Trek needs fresh sceanrios and villains. This is why I inserted into the script an element of expanding Trek to the universe itself rather than a local corner of this galaxy.

Gorns, Suliban, Romulans, Klingons done to death...

Maybe an alliance of the above to fend off a force able to divert a neighboring galaxy on collision course with this one.

johnd777

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 8:12 pm

Hoards of Milky Way fleets all charging to the neighboring galaxy all fitted with the new quantum warp drive watching as some of the older ships cannot take the strain erupt in fire balls that stop short in transit... as the fleets press on to prevent the operation that will doom both galaxies to collide in a mere ten years time.

johnd777

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 8:13 pm

A common foe a common fight for survival... this will unite old sworn enemies.

johnd777

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 8:29 pm

Playback... flashing on screen.

"It is thought by scientists that there is enough distance between stars on average that two galaxies colliding would meet with little more than a few stellar collisions and some gravemetric distortion..." the voice over said as the screen lit up with graphics of two spiral galaxies converging.

Admiral Zullis turned from the screen to his audience with a grim look on his face. The screen dimmed. "Unfortunately, MODERN scientists have a very different conclusioin than when this ancient footage was shown in schools. The tidal forces of the intruding galaxy could rip apart entire quandrants as stellar masses and their more vast gravity wells converge."

"The universe is a very rough place. From it will form new systems and new orders and even new life. But the previous life, our life, will have been ripped to subatomic shreads in under a years time once the inertial acceleration begins."

The screen then changed to reveal the mathematics of how a faster than warp event of this magnitude could take place. And what it's cause is.

James Kirk was considered one of the most brilliant minds in Starfleet which is why there was little objection to his rise to the captaincy but other than normal means or channels.

"Admiral..."

Kesfan74656

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 8:56 pm

Wow. Some pretty intriguing stuff there, JohnD.

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

Fabled Warrior

Report this Oct. 05 2010, 5:36 pm

johnd777, S.F.B.'s (star fleet battles) invaders from the andromadan gallixy at http://starfleetgames.com They have entirly different weapons (though they do have the equivalant of PH2s as a secondary weapon), and instead of sheilds they have P.A.s (power absorbing pannels that convert in coming damage into usable energy). Their boarding parties are non-humanoid robots, and besides warp drive thay have D.D.s (diplacement devices) that they can use to "teloport" their ships 120K kolometers away (I think, I'm not referanceing my game matarial). Is that alian enough?

Death is a fact of life, you can't have one with out the other.

kmb035

Report this Oct. 06 2010, 12:42 pm

The Gorn got one appearance how could it have been done to death? A role for them would be cool.

Fabled Warrior

Report this Oct. 06 2010, 6:33 pm

Well actually they've been done twice, once in TOS and once in the "mirror" episodes of Enterprise. But other than their physical discription we really know or seen little of them, their ships, home world, government, etc.

Death is a fact of life, you can't have one with out the other.