Forums aren't user friendly

WillyLey

Report this Jul. 22 2010, 3:34 pm

I haven't been on ST.com for a long time, although I used to post on the old dinosaur-like forums back in the day. After spending about an hour trying to navigate the new set up, I'm pretty frustrated.

The forums are not easy to browse. It would help to have a new posts feature like the old forums had.

The reply box needs to be bigger than 3 lines. As I type right now, there is empty space below the reply box. Let me use that space, please.

I like what you guys did with the rest of the site, but the forums need work. They're not user-friendly and it's irritating posting here. I also miss the advanced features of the old board, although I think it's really awesome that I can finally use a unique avatar at st.com.

Anyways those are just a few suggestions. Also, what's up with the paragraphs (or lack thereof). I can't figure out how to make a paragraph, and when I tried to quote somebody, nothing happened. Please Fix.

CptDennyCrane

Report this Jul. 29 2010, 12:08 pm

Yes, bring back the NEW POSTS link.
I dont want to sift through all teh threads individually to see the latests posts from group to group. NEW POSTS showed all the latest chronological posts regardless of forum.

Brin back teh search function JUST FOR THE BOARDS - When I do a search I dont want results for the whole ST.com site.

There are dozens of canned forum solutions out there that are free and are all customizable and far more user friendly than this abortion that you guys have tried to put together on your own.

Tureaz'47

Report this Jul. 31 2010, 12:01 am

An environmental issue?

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

SLagonia

Report this Jul. 31 2010, 9:59 pm

That's the biggest problem I have with this site. Say what you want about the annoying colors, the constant errors or the lack of features, the bottom line is that this site makes it so hard to do even basic functions. I can't even view a forum without telling it that I want to see the posts in order from the last post (I've never in my life seen a forum that doesn't do it automaticly) and no matter what I do, it won't save my username. It's so damn annoying.

"If it doesn't work, paint it." -Unofficial Motto of the Starfleet Border Patrol -------- "Speak for the unheard, secure the vulnerable, bring light to the dark, fight for those who cannot" -Real motto of The Starfleet Border Patrol

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 01 2010, 2:59 pm

If this wasn't st.com I'd have given up a week and a half ago. The effort you have to go to just to find and then get to new posts is too much bother.

It's little wonder half the community have buggered off.

Tureaz'47

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 4:35 am

Whinging about it isn't going to alter the process except to add unnecessary stress.
~sigh~

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

truefan1

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 4:12 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

What happened there ?

You probably clicked the Submit button twice.

nhranger

Report this Aug. 04 2010, 6:22 pm

the new boards seemed to have been designed by a turd with a mental disability.

DS9TREK

Report this Aug. 05 2010, 3:43 am

Quote: nhranger @ Aug. 04 2010, 6:22 pm

the new boards seemed to have been designed by a turd with a mental disability.
You don't have to get personal. Yes the board was launched very, very unready but they're working to improve it all the time.

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid