Fan series Star Trek Phoenix trying to be the 6th series.

Bigp00pz

Report this Jul. 18 2010, 7:34 pm

Fan series Star Trek Phoenix is film in 720 HD and has Hollywood quality. There Facebook page is for trying to make it the new series. They contacted CBS facebook page, but they want your help The Fans. If more  and more Star Trek fans help out the better chanse of CBS to say YES. Spread the world all over STARTREK.com, fan sites and blogs. Anything that can help would be great.

Bigp00pz

Report this Jul. 18 2010, 8:53 pm

re>
aram name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1TSg5Wolkt" />
bed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AyPzM5WK8ys"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

stphoenix.com

Report this Jul. 19 2010, 1:01 am

We would like to say Thank You to all of our loyal fans who have shown us such tremendous support. We are humbled by the fact that you hold our series in such high regard.

Although we do appreciate the comments and support our fans have given us, we have made no official effort to contact CBS regarding this matter. As fans of Star Trek, of course we would be extremely honored to be considered for the next Star Trek series, but we have not created, nor officially endorsed, any effort to support that cause. The Facebook page referenced was created by a fan to express his opinion of our show, and we are sincerely grateful for his enthusiastic support of our production.

Again, we do appreciate all of your support, and we will continue to strive to bring you the best quality Star Trek fan production we can.

Jeffrey McGlinn
VP of Web Development & Operations
Temporal Studios, LLC - www.temporalstudios.com
Star Trek: Phoenix - www.stphoenix.com

indianatrek

Report this Jul. 19 2010, 10:30 am

I watch the episode on your site, Quite impressed with it overall. Only issue I had was with the romulan and the tattoos on his head/face, to neroish to me and should be changed or dropped. but I am just a fan and that is what I think.

vlnist2

Report this Jul. 19 2010, 1:39 pm

I went to one of the premieres here in Seattle, and apparently they got the same makeup artists from the new movie to do Phoenix. I think his name is Brian Sipe? So, yeah, I think they did that on purpose (new-trek-meets-old or something). The Romulan on the ship has Nimoy's ears, too! Love the series. Can't wait to see them do more!

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 12 2010, 11:28 am

I just watched ''Cloak and Dagger'' Intriguing. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next installment. The doctor reminded me of Bones, albeit with a British twist. I like him. The phaser effects were cool, but, I'm not as much on the wormhole transport effect, but, it's hardly a deal-breaker. Good luck, Phoenix....

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 13 2010, 5:16 am

I am deciding whether or not to watch this. The ship looks terrible. I tried to watch ' gods and men' but it was so bad it turned me off to fan productions.

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Sep. 13 2010, 4:52 pm

I watched the first half of "Cloak and Dagger." It did not hold my interest at all. I felt nothing for any of the characters, I have no desire to see how the story ends, and the production quality overall was substandard (though being a fan-film I'm not to concerned about that part).

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Sep. 13 2010, 4:54 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Isn't there a fan series called Star Trek Cardinal trying to be the next series too?

Yeah, and given the choice, I'd go with Phoenix.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

NomFeradii

Report this Sep. 13 2010, 9:28 pm

my comp is out of date kinda slow. Anybody know where I might be able to see a stream feed of either of these contenders?

The Ferengi shall pay!!

2takesfrakes

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 3:31 pm

Please, dear god, don't let Phoenix
even enter the realm of "canon,"
much less have a shot at having anything
to do with the "sixth series." Seriously!

Beartrooper

Report this Sep. 26 2010, 3:35 pm

what woughd the new show be about

Commodore.Jim

Report this Jan. 05 2011, 10:09 am

Set too far in the future. People will want to have some idea of what has been happening. Not a huge gap in the middle of history.

However, I personally thought it was very good. The advances in technology were well thought out. The wormhole transportation system for example. After sending data throw mirco wormholes in ST:Voyager. It wasn't long before they would be able to transport through it.

Sometimes the acting would go slightly off, but otherwise they did a very good job. The british doctor made me think of McCoy, cracking the sarastic and witty comments. I did find it a bit macho though, officers would ask first to speak freely.

Not so keen on travelling through artificial wormholes. I prefer the classic warp drive tech.

Its about time for another series.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak (Improbable Cause)

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 06 2011, 4:40 pm

This is not a good idea.

It is self-indulgent.

Fans should stick to fan-shows and let the pros do the real thing. I accept these guys have their hearts in the right place, and they have shown considerable skill in patching this together - but the whole thing is cliched beyond belief. I watched the taster on their excellent website. I recognise it is done with considerable love, skill, attention to detail etc. But that doesn't make it any good.

Let's take the captain. The guy is short and looks like a NYC cop. Nobody is ever going to accept this guy as anything other than a left-over from NYPD Blue or COPS. Especially with the ridiculous goatie, and the attitude problem...

I also take considerable exception to the doctor. This rendition of an English guy is about as much of a nonsensical and outdated cliche as you could find. It was written by somebody who thinks we all still live in cottages and play cricket every afternoon. It falls into the classic Hollywood view of British guys - either he has to be the baddie or a likeable buffoon. This guy is the latter and also a whinging one too. From a real English person all I can say is - thanks very much if that is how you still see us.

The only worthwhile character I thought was the Romulan - but didn't he look a bit like Nero?

The ship was a good model but far too much like Voyager for my tastes. The saucer element has by now become so immersed into the primary hull - that you wonder why anybody bothers trying to pretend it is still needed.

What is the point of this stuff - other than to show how adept some people with access to the technology can be at wanting to be Roddenberrys or Bermans?

to boldy go where no man has gone before

mchris10

Report this Jan. 07 2011, 3:46 pm

Quote: Commodore.Jim @ Jan. 05 2011, 10:09 am

Its about time for another series.

in case your wondering happened between Nemesis and Pheonix go to the Star Trek Online website...it has a detailed time line of the events between Nemesis and the year 2409 and the events after that take place in the game which you would have to play to learn them...so far the game is up to season 3 which a season equals a year so the game is up to the year 2411. and both the time and the events in the game has be made official canon by CBS and also don't forget TNG takes place approximately 100 after the original series so 38 yeaars further into future isn't that bad

"I'd rather we skip the formalities"

Users browsing this forum: sonofspock1