ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

New Ideas for StarTrek.com

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 12:19 pm

How about some original content?


Many websites have dedicated employees that work on webcomics and similar projects. Take Gene's Journal for example, for these who are subscribed to Rondenberry.com. I don't see why we couldn't have a sort of webcomic on this site.



"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 12:26 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Nov. 29 2011, 12:19 pm

>

>How about some original content?

>Many websites have dedicated employees that work on webcomics and similar projects. Take Gene's Journal for example, for these who are subscribed to Rondenberry.com. I don't see why we couldn't have a sort of webcomic on this site.

>

>


Never going to happen as long as the ADMIN continue to fail to address problems as simple as basic board functionality. 


guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 12:29 pm

I can dream. That's part of being a Trek fan.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

267198ed

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2871

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 2:08 pm

Actually, why do they bother asking what new ideas we might have to improve the site when the boards are so disfunctional? Seems more important to get thigns running smoothly before all else.


Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4031

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 2:33 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Nov. 29 2011, 12:19 pm

>

>How about some original content?

>Many websites have dedicated employees that work on webcomics and similar projects. Take Gene's Journal for example, for these who are subscribed to Rondenberry.com. I don't see why we couldn't have a sort of webcomic on this site.

>

>


 


you know, that comic was created for st.com and he was one of the admins fired a few years back.


We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 2:40 pm

^ That's sad.

guillermo.mejía

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2852

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 2:50 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Nov. 29 2011, 2:40 pm

>^ That's sad.
I'll second that.


"Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon." - Scotty, The Miracle Worker since 2265.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 3:26 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Nov. 29 2011, 12:19 pm

>

>How about some original content?

>Many websites have dedicated employees that work on webcomics and similar projects. Take Gene's Journal for example, for these who are subscribed to Rondenberry.com. I don't see why we couldn't have a sort of webcomic on this site.

>

>
Oohhh... I miss David Reddick's "The Trek Life".


CO_Fowler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5508

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 4:22 pm

I also miss 'The Trek Life', but am having a blast reading his 'Legend of Bill'


http://legendofbill.com/


http://legendofbill.com/2011/11/27/the-gnome-syndicate-36/

I've read all of the 'Legend of Bill' and all of 'The Gnome Syndicate' but haven't read 'Barwench Tales' yet


R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 4:24 pm

Yes Dave's comics and posts are missed


 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 4:26 pm

Quote: wissa @ Nov. 29 2011, 2:33 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Nov. 29 2011, 12:19 pm

>

>

>How about some original content?

>Many websites have dedicated employees that work on webcomics and similar projects. Take Gene's Journal for example, for these who are subscribed to Rondenberry.com. I don't see why we couldn't have a sort of webcomic on this site.

>

>

 

you know, that comic was created for st.com and he was one of the admins fired a few years back.


I did not realized that he had been fired.


More WOWs.


More disappointment.


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 4:31 pm

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Nov. 29 2011, 4:24 pm

>

>Yes Dave's comics and posts are missed

>
Too bad they don't have them archived around here somewhere...


wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4031

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 4:32 pm

all the staff was about a year and a half before this current site went live.


We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 4:37 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Nov. 29 2011, 4:31 pm

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Nov. 29 2011, 4:24 pm

>

>

>Yes Dave's comics and posts are missed

>
Too bad they don't have them archived around here somewhere...


Some of his last panels are at NEXUS Trek we were posting them there because this site was having issues at the time.


Dave is a really talented artist and funny guy he posted in the forums here and on his own board.


 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 5:14 pm

Quote: wissa @ Nov. 29 2011, 4:32 pm

>

>all the staff was about a year and a half before this current site went live.

>


 


So perhaps what this site needs isn't NEW IDEAS but OLD ADMINS.


Post Reply

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: miklamar, darmokattanagra

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum