ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

New Ideas for StarTrek.com

HisRoyalHighnessTheKing

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 34248

Report this Jul. 23 2011, 10:33 pm

1- Delete the Ten Forward forum. It tends to attract the extremes. At the least ban all political/religious threads in Ten Forward.


2- Redesign the boards to use the same system the previous site used. It was easier to use and loading times were a fraction of what they are now.


3- Offer more board skins.


4- Abolish the rank system, which doesn't make much logical sense anyway


May God Save The King

CO_Fowler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5508

Report this Jul. 26 2011, 2:11 pm

Quote: I<3StarTrek @ Jul. 06 2011, 7:31 am

>

>PM functions and e-mail addresses. Also, like buttonsfor posts and things like that.

>


 


Quoting Admin and their post on a thread titled "A PM Function" on page 14 ( of thread ), 2nd post down;



StarTrek.com
Administrator


GROUP: Moderators


POSTS: 112



Mar. 02 2011, 11:49 am


We know that there has been a number of requests for a PM function on the boards.  As Trekwolf164 just mentioned, we have been tackling a number of other glitches amd a bunch of member requests such as linking to last post from the day/time line and getting notifications when people post on your profile.  More importantly, we wanted to see how members interact with each other and within the board community. 

After much discussion, we will not be adding a PM function at this time.  We like how members are using the boards and how 'open' the conversations are.  As many of you know, we have worked hard to keep the boards clean and inviting to fans of all ages.  We can best do this through open boards.

We're not saying 'never', just not in the near future.  We're always listening to your suggestions and reminders (thanks Matthias on reminding us to pull down the video maintainence thread) and we have some other improvements coming based on your suggestions (e.g. auto-lock old threads). 

Please keep posting any tech issues on the Tech thread and keep giving us any suggestions on the New Ideas thread.  We're looking at those threads every day.



 


I could add my two cents to that, but I said my piece on that now locked thread.


R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Caesar753

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 578

Report this Jul. 30 2011, 6:38 pm

Quote: HisRoyalHighnessTheKing @ Jul. 23 2011, 10:33 pm

>

>1- Delete the Ten Forward forum. It tends to attract the extremes. At the least ban all political/religious threads in Ten Forward.

>2- Redesign the boards to use the same system the previous site used. It was easier to use and loading times were a fraction of what they are now.

>3- Offer more board skins.

>4- Abolish the rank system, which doesn't make much logical sense anyway

>


i couldn't agree more about your first point.

the bungalo bill

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2308

Report this Aug. 15 2011, 1:10 pm

In "Report this", there should be a option for if a reply was made to bump the topic to the top of the board list.


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Aug. 15 2011, 6:34 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>In "Report this", there should be a option for if a reply was made to bump the topic to the top of the board list.

>

 

Ah, that's a little cheesy....

especially since bumping a topic is against the rules....


Nor101

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Sep. 15 2011, 7:20 am

The final trek. In this new series over 200 year past STNG, a sientis find something that tells him why other advance beings left the galaxy. This time a Enterprize "ARK" is made to travel to other galaxies. All living species will be affected by the findings, so every known species is invited to travel in this ark. Even th Borg.


A holo deck 360 bridge where each crew can see into space in all direction. This also allows each crew or species that are on duty to change the bridge to their type of spec's.


A walk through the door transporter that with one step take you to anywhere in the ship. The size of a space station but able to travel past warp speed. Detachable full size ships to explore details.


A super holo genterator so big that when deployed, it creates an intire liveable planet.


The reason for this trip. To find out why they advance beings left and where did they go.


If you watched any of the Star Trek, Kirk, Picard, ran into what was left behing by this beings.


An advisory Computer that has all the logs of former Captains and holograms to assit current command of the ship.


To Success!

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Sep. 15 2011, 9:23 pm

Quote: Nor101 @ Sep. 15 2011, 7:20 am

>

>The final trek. In this new series over 200 year past STNG, a sientis find something that tells him why other advance beings left the galaxy. This time a Enterprize "ARK" is made to travel to other galaxies. All living species will be affected by the findings, so every known species is invited to travel in this ark. Even th Borg.

>A holo deck 360 bridge where each crew can see into space in all direction. This also allows each crew or species that are on duty to change the bridge to their type of spec's.

>A walk through the door transporter that with one step take you to anywhere in the ship. The size of a space station but able to travel past warp speed. Detachable full size ships to explore details.

>A super holo genterator so big that when deployed, it creates an intire liveable planet.

>The reason for this trip. To find out why they advance beings left and where did they go.

>If you watched any of the Star Trek, Kirk, Picard, ran into what was left behing by this beings.

>
"In Search of the Preservers"  ?             


Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Oct. 15 2011, 2:30 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Sep. 15 2011, 9:23 pm

>

>

>The final trek. In this new series over 200 year past STNG, a sientis find something that tells him why other advance beings left the galaxy. This time a Enterprize "ARK" is made to travel to other galaxies. All living species will be affected by the findings, so every known species is invited to travel in this ark. Even th Borg.

>A holo deck 360 bridge where each crew can see into space in all direction. This also allows each crew or species that are on duty to change the bridge to their type of spec's.

>A walk through the door transporter that with one step take you to anywhere in the ship. The size of a space station but able to travel past warp speed. Detachable full size ships to explore details.

>A super holo genterator so big that when deployed, it creates an intire liveable planet.

>The reason for this trip. To find out why they advance beings left and where did they go.

>If you watched any of the Star Trek, Kirk, Picard, ran into what was left behing by this beings.

>



h0rnytoad1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4

Report this Oct. 26 2011, 10:59 pm

 


is there an RSS for articles ? it used to exist now feedreader doesn't update since about a month ago.


the rss is still there, just not in a format some rss readers can understand, now my feedreader 3.0 doesn't work with startrek.com anymore  


Not funny guys at startrek.com, plz bring it back how it used to be so we can get to reading your articles.


that'd be cool to have again. 


 

frankie.sharp1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Oct. 27 2011, 7:49 pm

I am surprised that Star Trek.com does not have a Star Trek Conventions list! You guys should add one for us Star Trek fans, so then we know when a new convention is coming. Thank you.

h0rnytoad1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4

Report this Oct. 27 2011, 8:49 pm

Quote: frankie.sharp1 @ Oct. 27 2011, 7:49 pm

>

>I am surprised that Star Trek.com does not have a Star Trek Conventions list! You guys should add one for us Star Trek fans, so then we know when a new convention is coming. Thank you.

>


+1 good idea 

LtPondwater9

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11620

Report this Oct. 29 2011, 7:57 am

Quote: frankie.sharp1 @ Oct. 27 2011, 7:49 pm

>

>I am surprised that Star Trek.com does not have a Star Trek Conventions list! You guys should add one for us Star Trek fans, so then we know when a new convention is coming. Thank you.

>


In the News section under upcoming events.


http://www.startrek.com/upcoming_events?page=2


The ducks fly at Midnight.

CO_Fowler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5508

Report this Nov. 08 2011, 9:34 am

An 'Ignore' function would be GREAT!! Other Message Boards have that available for the members ( or users ) to use. Why not here? I've got a few on 'Ignore' at other boards and since I cannot see their trolling/baiting posts, then I don't reply and I can go on and read all the other fun posts. It takes away their so called 'power' if no one can read their poison. Please give the 'Ignore' function some serious consideration. Thank you


 


*Edited to fix spelling*


R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

CO_Fowler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5508

Report this Nov. 09 2011, 11:07 pm

Guess I'm just too dumb to realize that I must be a total idiot since I've got people on my ignore list at a couple of message boards and I haven't seen their trolling, baiting and flaming. And if I don't see it then I'm not tempted to reply to it. I've seen it used with good results and it used to be an option on the old PDE Chat. But a user here that has implied that I'm too dumb to know better I guess.

Oh, well. Off to ignoring them, i.e. not replying to them, and doing some of what they do.....report, report, report. Lead by example, they are ( Forgive my poor Yoda impersonation ) :: winks ::

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Nov. 29 2011, 10:23 am

Its cool that the site got a deal to get some tribble dolls, but how about getting us more Diamond Select Figures.  Perhaps you could get some rare ones like Ezri rereleased or get them to release some already made but unreleased ones like Sisko with captain's chair, Dukat, Janeway, or Seven then have them released exclusively in the st.com store.  It would be a profitable bonanza.


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LQtZsmCAqAs/SY2q2cYX07I/AAAAAAAAByA/b1HZpi1NcGg/s400/Sisko+chair.jpg


http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/dst_siskodukat2.jpg


http://media.photobucket.com/image/DST%20seven%20of%20nine/Artistix/Borgwaves.jpg


Post Reply

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum