ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

StarTrek.com Technical Issues

Ailianna

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Jun. 08 2013, 3:11 pm

I just discovered the full episodes on the website, but have had difficulty watching a full episode.  It keeps freezing and  I get a message stating that the video was expired, busy or no longer available.  I hope someone is working on fixing this.  Also is there a way to search the episode list without having to go page by page?  I suggest a search box to input episode names, character names or a plot line.

queenuhura

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 114

Report this Jul. 14 2013, 3:55 pm

Im not sure if this is where I post this, but I have issues with some of the quiz questions. I dont remember the exact wording but they were something like this;


1. What nickname does Dr Crusher not like? Shouldnt the answer be '"The Dancing Doctor"? It said the answer was Bones. Wasnt that McCoys name? Did I miss something? 


2. Who played EMH Mark II? Could have sworn that was Andy Dick.


and 3. What departmant did Lt Barclay work in? I dont think he was in security, that would have put him under Worfs command, and he would have killed him. Reg was an engineer under Geordi's command in engineering. 


*Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations* *Live Long and Prosper*

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Jul. 14 2013, 4:37 pm

Quote: queenuhura @ Jul. 14 2013, 3:55 pm

>

>Im not sure if this is where I post this, but I have issues with some of the quiz questions. I dont remember the exact wording but they were something like this;

>1. What nickname does Dr Crusher not like? Shouldnt the answer be '"The Dancing Doctor"? It said the answer was Bones. Wasnt that McCoys name? Did I miss something? 

>2. Who played EMH Mark II? Could have sworn that was Andy Dick.

>and 3. What departmant did Lt Barclay work in? I dont think he was in security, that would have put him under Worfs command, and he would have killed him. Reg was an engineer under Geordi's command in engineering. 

>
You're correct on all 3 accounts.  There are problems with the Trek Trivia sometimes.

SantaFeFan

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6

Report this Jul. 25 2013, 9:12 pm

The link to the Terms of Use doesn't work.  :-( At least not under the Deep Space 9 board.


Lindsay

second.of.three

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 20

Report this Jul. 27 2013, 1:29 pm

Several episodes of Star Trek: Voyager have not been posted yet. Is it the responsibility of this website to ensure that the video archive is complete, or should I contact CBS.com directly? Below is a complete list of the missing episodes:


Time and Again
Phage
Cathexis
Tuvix
Favorite Son
Worst Case Scenario
Revulsion
Fury
Life Line
Body and Soul

second.of.three

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 20

Report this Jul. 27 2013, 2:07 pm

You have an issue with your quote link I think. Whenever I try to quote another poster in quick reply, the Captcha form disappears, and my subsequent submission fails while behaving as if it succeeded.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Jul. 27 2013, 6:22 pm

Quote: second.of.three @ Jul. 27 2013, 2:07 pm

>

>You have an issue with your quote link I think. Whenever I try to quote another poster in quick reply, the Captcha form disappears, and my subsequent submission fails while behaving as if it succeeded.

>
Yea... this has been an issue from when they first implemented the Captcha.  When you use the quote and submit without the Captcha, the screen will act like it submitted....  What you need to do is after submitting, scroll down to the bottom of the page that shows up and you'll see youre reply and the Captcha.  Just add the Captcha and resubmit.  It usually works then.

second.of.three

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 20

Report this Jul. 28 2013, 8:13 pm

I also noticed that Deep Space Nine is missing one episode, Season 1 Ep. 14, Progress.

rocketscientist2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 9

Report this Aug. 16 2013, 8:12 am

Last week, I made a long post to the message board using my "rocketscientist" account.  When I pushed the Submit button, it took me to startrek.com's homepage.  I went back to the board and tried to post again and got the message that my posting privileges had been revoked.  Thinking that this was a technical problem, I emailed startrek.com from both of my email accounts as directed several times asking for an explanation and/or the resolution of this problem.  I do think it's a technical problem, since it immediately followed my successful post to the board and the fact that I can't think of anything I did, knowlingly at least, to violate the terms of use.  Since no one has resolved this issue or bothered to at least email me an explanation of what or why it happened, I've created a new account.


If you guys have a message board, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to help the posters on it when they have problems.  You had ample time to resolve my issue and I did as I was directed.  I held up my end, so what about you?


I've generally had a good experience on your board and I've never had my posting privileges revoked, so I'd appreciate some consideration from the admins.  I don't think I'm asking for too much.


 

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Aug. 17 2013, 9:33 am

^^ RocketScientist:  What happened to you has happened to a few people ever since they launched the current version of the board.  Unfortunately, getting help from the Admins is almost impossible - if they actually answer, it usually takes weeks, sometimes months.  We've lost several good members this way.


** sigh **  I miss Guy Vardaman or Tim Gaskill running this site...

mikitopo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Sep. 09 2013, 7:44 am

>>Hello!!! I'm just starting with this great site. Can you please add the Organians to the list of "Favorite Species", I had to choose Vulcan instead


>>Thank you!!! A big hug from Chile

sunnysnarky

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3

Report this Sep. 12 2013, 8:49 pm

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this question has already been asked. Is there a specific browser you need for watching videos? I can't get any of them to play. Thank you! 

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Sep. 13 2013, 3:47 am

Quote: sunnysnarky @ Sep. 12 2013, 8:49 pm

>

>I'm new here, so please forgive me if this question has already been asked. Is there a specific browser you need for watching videos? I can't get any of them to play. Thank you! 

>
I use both Internet Explorer as well as Firefox.  Both work in showing videos.

Tan-Ru

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3

Report this Sep. 13 2013, 4:10 am

Will we ever be able to watch videos on this site from an apple device?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Sep. 13 2013, 4:31 am

Quote: Tan-Ru @ Sep. 13 2013, 4:10 am

>

>Will we ever be able to watch videos on this site from an apple device?

>
I'm not an Apple person, but I've heard that Apple isn't really fond of Adobe Flash, which is what CBS (and many other sites) uses to stream their videos.  If the Apple devices still don't have Adobe Flash, you won't be able to watch the videos.

Post Reply

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum