New Preview Pic Of The NX01 Refit

grigori

Report this Jun. 29 2010, 7:54 pm

WHOA! That pylon design is impressive. I like how he's consistent with the appearance of his spacedock from other pix.

Purists are gonna scream, of course, but they were already unhappy with the NX-01's "advanced" design.

TaoTrek

Report this Jun. 29 2010, 8:07 pm

Love it! :cool:

It DOES look alot like the Excelsior-class! :laugh:

grigori

Report this Jun. 29 2010, 8:45 pm

Semantically I'm not presently qualified to delineate all the features of a purist, but I wasn't talking about anyone in particular when I posted.

You can explain the nuances if you wish! and tell me what word I should have used. :)

grigori

Report this Jun. 29 2010, 9:21 pm

Extremists, then. :) I wasn't trying to open the door for extremists in the opposite direction (JJ anything-goes) by choosing the word.

grigori

Report this Jun. 30 2010, 12:58 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ June 29 2010, 11:18 pm)
some folks have labeled those of us who appreciate historical on-screen Trek as purists. All too often we get grouped in with the extremists.

I get the distinction now. We need to keep the word "purist" with a positive denotation, as those who defend the integrity of what's gone before and decry the lack of homework some Trek creators put into their work. Not extreme; common sense.

That is a beautiful ship. It's amazing Hollywood WOULDN'T look to all the great design work done by the likes of Drexler and Koerner. But I guess re-inventing the wheel is what SOME folks need to do to "make a name" for themselves.

sonofspock1

Report this Jun. 30 2010, 5:24 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ June 30 2010, 4:18 am)
Gabe Koerner's rendition of the NCC-1701 was actually once thought to be the ship which would be in STXI and many folks preferred it. What do you think? I think it's beautiful:

Sadly, we ended up with the Squidderprise.

*drools*

Now that, Ryan Church, is how you redesign a classic, while being respectful to the original.

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 18 2010, 3:47 pm

Actually, I like the new design, but the Koerner one is impressive in its own right. The Ships of the Line calendar has that rendering in it, of course. Wow, he's talented...

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

BrotherofShran01

Report this Aug. 18 2010, 4:23 pm

The NX-01 Refit

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

Kesfan74656

Report this Aug. 18 2010, 4:30 pm

WOW! Nice pic, BOS!....

BrotherofShran01

Report this Aug. 18 2010, 5:57 pm

Quote: Kesfan74656 @ Aug. 18 2010, 4:30 pm

WOW! Nice pic, BOS!....

Thanks Kesfan. Another trekkie posted it in another thread and it was too good to keep it in one thread.

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

Matthias Russell

Report this Aug. 20 2010, 6:33 am

ILOVE the drexler refit. I was never an nx-01 fan but accept it as logical to starfleet design evolution. But the refit is pretty sexy. It is great in showing a stepping stone to the constitution in the distant future.

Kirkclone

Report this Aug. 23 2010, 10:39 pm

here is an Enterprise I designed http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt139/Kal-el4/Kalel9876/Kal4Ent1701.jpg

A friend of mine did this for me since I can't draw, nor do I have the program to do this. I just sent sent him links of the pieces I wanted, and the color scheme, and he did the rest.

As you all can see, my Enterprise combines the look of the Original Series Enterprise, with the Original Series Film Series Enterprise, and has the Deflector Dish from the New Movie's Enterprise to complete the look.

My Enterprise's stats are as follows:

Length: 305 Meters (roughly about 915 feet long)

Width: 150 Meters (roughly about 450 feet wide)

Height: 75 Meters (roughly about 225 feet high)

Mass: 620,000 tons (roughly about 1,240,000 lbs)

Decks: 26

750 (450 officers, and 300 enlisted and non commissioned)

Shuttlebays: 1

"Khhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!"

Kirkclone

Report this Aug. 24 2010, 5:37 pm

good memory starbase63, I am Kal-el from the old boards

"Khhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!"

NCC1701RS

Report this Aug. 24 2010, 8:43 pm

its ok looking

"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name... Enterprise"

Kirkclone

Report this Aug. 25 2010, 8:52 pm

thanks yanks, what do you think though, of my design?

"Khhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!"