Single BEST Sequence in any Trek movie

Vger23

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 3:34 pm

So, in the spirit of my last poll, I'm putting out a call for what the single BEST scene in any Trek movie is.

Feel free to vote or add your own.

WARNING:

I'm making a conscious decision to NOT put Spock's death in TWOK on the list, because I think that would be too obvious. So, maybe the poll should really be called "SECOND Best Scene in Star Trek!"

I myself can't even make up my mind. I must admit, that as much as the movie is universally loathed...the Observation Lounge scene from Star Trek V is one of my favorites from all the movies. I also like Picard and Lilly's confrontation at the climax of "FC" (in my opinion,that scene alone MADE the movie).

I still get chills watching the opening of TMP with the mysterious Klingon assault on V'Ger...and I still tear-up at the birth of Kirk and sacrifice of his father in the last film. And, I think the realization that David is dead, when Kirk falls backward on the bridge of the Enterprise, is probably Shatner's finest moment....powerfull stuff.

So...I might have to think on this one a bit!

subytrek

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 6:19 pm

Those are all great scenes but I chose the destruction of the Kelvin scene just because everything about it was awesome and epic. :cool:

KALEL

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 7:10 pm

I voted for the final farewell in TUC, and I admit, I'm biased because it's my favorite Trek movie. However, the scene that still amps me up is in WOK, when Kirk looks up and does the famous "Kaaahhhnnnnn!!!!" That's one pissed off starship captain.

captbates

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 7:13 pm

I voted for the Reliant sneak attack, but the Kelvin scene was awesome.

Probably still my favourite all time scene is the Mutara Nebula battle between Enterprise and Reliant.

TaoTrek

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:36 pm

What!? Nothing from TVH!?!? :laugh:

I'm torn between the Klingons attacking V'Ger and the hijacking of the Enterprise. So, I'll go with my 2nd favorite film and choose "Klingons attack V'Ger". DEFINITELY one of the best moments in the entire movie. :cool:

AtoZ2

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:57 pm

I am torn between a few different sequences but wonder why the OP didn't include one from each movie (yes I know you can't have include 11 choices in your poll)
I agree with VAD_BAXTER about the tour of Enterprise in TMP, but it's impact was more grand for those of us who are old enough to have seen the original series when first aired, waited and supported the show for years and being awed seeing the new refit ship on screen for the first time since the series ended.
That's lost on many of the newbies, even if you came in weaned on TNG.

From the choices given, my vote for shear grandeur expertise and spectacle goes to the Attack on the Kelvin with the Klingons Attack V'Ger coming in a close second.

lion_tone

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 1:36 am

Spock's Funeral.... MISSING???

_Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 2:06 am

Battle of the Mutara Nebula from TWOK

MrsStarbuck

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 6:34 am

Mine would have to be a scene from TMP, but which one? That's difficult...

It wouldn't be one of the 'action' scenes, not that they're not awesome, but probably one of the early scenes with Kirk when he's first come back onboard the Enterprise and is finding his way around and realising how different it all is.

Or possibly, like Servalan mentions, Spock's return, and specifically when Kirk is trying to get through to him in his quarters.

Outside of TMP, despite whatever criticism I've thrown at STXI in the past, I still maintain that the destruction of the Kelvin is possibly my favourite opening scene for a Trek film ever.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 8:54 am

Quote (lion_tone @ June 25 2010, 1:36 am)
Spock's Funeral.... MISSING???

Decison to do so purposefully....EXPLANIED!!

Feel free to vote or add your own.

WARNING:

Vger23

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 8:56 am

Quote (TaoTrek @ June 24 2010, 10:36 pm)
What!? Nothing from TVH!?!? :laugh:

It isn't a poll about what your favorite movie is. So, if TVH may be a great movie...but does it contain any SCENES that I would consider even close to the best in all of Trek filmdom?

If  you have a suggestion from TVH you think fits the bill, please share.

exeter276

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 9:11 am

Voted for the USS Kelvin, the scene was powerful and had awesome special effects. While not a Trek movie moment, I always put the opening scene of DS9's pilot episode (Battle Of Wolf 359) up there among Trek's greatest moments. The scene where Sisko leaves the USS Saratoga via escape shuttle was very cool.

lion_tone

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 2:58 pm

Quote (Vger23 @ June 25 2010, 8:56 am)
Quote (TaoTrek @ June 24 2010, 10:36 pm)
What!? Nothing from TVH!?!? :laugh:

If ¿you have a suggestion from TVH you think fits the bill, please share.

Ok...Missed that...sorry...

One of mine is the scene where Spock won't shoot Sybok in ST:V, and Kirk tells Spock he should knock him on his ass... McCoy says, "Want me to hold him?"

I love that!

Enterprise19

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 3:49 pm

I liked the scene at the beginning of ST '09, like the others.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 4:06 pm

Quote (lion_tone @ June 25 2010, 2:58 pm)
Quote (Vger23 @ June 25 2010, 8:56 am)
Quote (TaoTrek @ June 24 2010, 10:36 pm)
What!? Nothing from TVH!?!? :laugh:

If ?you have a suggestion from TVH you think fits the bill, please share.

Ok...Missed that...sorry...

I love that!

I like that one too.

As much as Star Trek V is maligned for being horrible, there are isolated scenes in that film that are absolute classics, in my opinion.

Users browsing this forum: miklamar