Favourite theme music

EnterpriseSovereign

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:12 am

Here they are, from Memory Alpha:
TOS (old)
TOS (new)
I couldn't find the old TNG one on the site :D
TNG (new)
DS9 (old)
DS9 (new)
VOY
ENT (old)
ENT (new)
ENT (Mirror Universe)

Seems Voyager is the only one that wasn't changed :D

captbates

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:16 am

Yeah the Voyager theme has just got better IMO, but I'll still go with TOS original, I'm still not sure about the "singing lady" in the new remastered version.
I really like the TMP/TNG themes, just can't decide which is better. ;)

EnterpriseSovereign

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:25 am

Well, the series' took up all the available poll options- personally I think the newer versions of each series are better than the older ones, as they're more upbeat. The differences between the old and new DS9 are the most obvious- but then, adding the Defiant will do that :laugh:

captbates

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:33 am

Quote (EnterpriseSovereign @ June 23 2010, 3:25 pm)

I can remember a thread where someone actually thought the new DS9 theme was worse, go figure?

tribblenator999

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:36 am

nothing beats the Star Trek XI soundtracks. they're awesome.

Quantumflux01

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 4:33 pm

I liked the DS9 (old) theme music; I just like those horns...

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 5:27 pm

I can't decide between the DS9's, so I just went with Mirror Universe ENT, love that song and the video accompaniment.

tertiaryadjunctofunimatri
x01

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 8:13 pm

Quote (MarmaladeSkies @ June 24 2010, 6:48 pm)
I'm not crazy about ENT's theme; it just sounds like a cheesy, cliche pop song off the radio. (ENT fans, please don't hurt me! ) :p

So, it's obviously not just me.

TaoTrek

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 10:53 pm

The ONLY theme song to get my blood pumping, the ENT Mirror universe theme song. :cool:

Gerardus

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 11:56 pm

I like the Voyager music theme. Sounds soft and relaxing.

Ezrian_Bashirax

POSTS: 20011

Report this Jun. 25 2010, 4:40 am

In order: DS9, VOY, TNG, TOS, ENT

captainroe

Report this Jun. 28 2010, 10:34 am

Old DS9.

rocketscientist

Report this Jun. 28 2010, 10:53 am

TNG never had its own theme. ¿GR didn't like "Encounter at Farpoint's" Dennis McCarthy's theme for TNG, so he just decided to use Jerry Goldsmith's TMP theme instead, along with the classic Alexander Courage fanfare from TOS.

TNG is the only ST series that never ever had original title music.

EnterpriseSovereign

Report this Jun. 30 2010, 9:01 am

Quote (MarmaladeSkies @ June 25 2010, 8:50 am)
^ Not that I'm dissing ENT (I can't, since I've never seen an episode), but I wonder why it strayed from using an instrumental theme. All the other ST series used instrumentals and used them WELL--their themes sound "adventurous" and perhaps even majestic, as though they're promising the viewer a grand journey through space. You actually feel like you're really going on a star trek. The ENT song just sounds like something you'd hear for a soap opera.

The ENT one quickly grew on me, as it's the lyrics that sound adventurous :D

OtakuJo

Report this Jul. 20 2010, 9:33 pm

I think for me, the theme to First Contact.

As for series music, I'm honestly still not sure.

Not the Enterprise theme, though, mind. Because that's so tacky. Although i did hear an instrumental version which sounded quite good -- if only they'd gone with something like that.