Single Worst Scene in any Trek movie

Vger23

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 2:36 pm

Just for fun...I love all these movies!

So, which scene is the absolute worst? It makes you want to fast-forward the movie...it makes you want to talk over it with your wife or husband...it makes you embarassed when you watch the movie with a friend.

Vote now!

Ezrian_Bashirax

POSTS: 20011

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 2:43 pm

For me it's gotta be any of the Nemesis scenes where Vkruk psychically massages Shinzons skull.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 3:20 pm

Quote (Ezrian_Bashirax @ June 23 2010, 2:43 pm)

I forgot about that one. The "violation" scene in Nemesis is pretty cringe-worthy.

_Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 4:09 pm

Hey, I liked the hospital chase. :laugh:

The V'Ger fly thru was agonizingly long. Same with the Enterprise in spacedock fly-by. And who can forget dressing Persis Khambatta in a slinky little robe with high heels? :laugh: :p :D

HaventGotALife

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 4:25 pm

The holodeck scenes in Generations. I usually skip the whole movie, but I cannot tell you how many times I have turned this movie on and gotten to that scene and decided to turn the movie off. It's just horrible.

exeter276

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 4:43 pm

In STII TWOK the scene where Bones is visiting Kirk at home and Kirk says "Don't mince words Bones, what do you really think?" MEH!! Kirk's inflection sounds so GAY!

Blockman

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 4:54 pm

oh man. One word. Joystick.

I really hate when Picard flips out over the borg in FC, after he never felt that way before when he could have given hugh/the borg the virus, but the joystick scene actually makes me cringe.

HaventGotALife

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 6:16 pm

Quote (exeter276 @ June 22 2010, 6:43 pm)

I don't have a problem with this one. Now when the Reliant comes onto the scene, I have a problem with everything up to the point that Khan is revealed.

HaventGotALife

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 8:04 pm

Quote (Blockman @ June 22 2010, 6:54 pm)
oh man. One word. Joystick.

I totally agree with you. I had to seriously consider whether I would go see Star Trek: Nemesis because of the "joystick incident." There's nothing that happens on the Enterprise after Picard leaves in the Captain's Yacht that is worth watching.

First Contact, I agree as well. He acts like a little child. Throwing his rag, stomping his feet, throwing his phaser rifle, trashing the room, etc. But I'd like to add that this movie ticks me off because it pollutes the timeline all over the place AND the stuff with Picard has been done, dealt with, and resolved.

He should be ticked off, but he should not be wounded (they are at it again, they are killing his crew, attacking earth, attacking history and he had a chance to stop all of this, and now he has a chance to stop them the way he wanted to six years ago). But at the same time, he should be overly arrogant when they defeat the Borg in the 24th Century. He should be almost gleeful that they can stop the Borg probe and then frustrated when they don't. Think of Picard playing Ru'Afao. He should be subtly arrogant throughout the movie to get that scene to where it needs to go. He should be angry, but he is played hurt. His motive "I will make them pay for what they've done!" should be a line of reason, not overly emotional, a case for why they need to keep the ship. It should be his atruism gone awry, not his obsessiveness and anger. Moby Dick had an obsessive Captain, but we don't see him as crazy or without reason until he climbs on the whale. He's barely a character until he does that. He's a story, a myth, not a man. We're with Picard the whole time. He's taken time out of the Borg attack to nurture Lily. Stewart's played like Picard is fearful this is his motive and Lily gives him a chance to fight his demons out-loud.

KALEL

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 8:21 pm

In the Search for Spock when the Klingon General is standing beside Spock's coffin and picks up the giant germ or bacteria or whatever it was, and it proceeses to strangle him, and he kills it and says it was exhilirating.  :sick:

KALEL

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 8:24 pm

Oh, and the other one....don't get me wrong, I love Uhura. Had a huge crush on her when I was a kid. But that desert singing scene in the Final Frontier...? Not good. Not good. :whatthe:

TaoTrek

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 9:05 pm

I love that hospital scene! :laugh:

the scene in TWOK when Chekov and Terrell have ceti larvae crawl into their ears. :whatthe: :sick: ¿What idiot thought it was a good idea to focus in on their faces when they're screaming!?!? *sigh*

Oh! And that Borg Queen seduction scene was BAD.

Vger23

Report this Jun. 23 2010, 10:23 pm

Quote (KALEL @ June 23 2010, 8:21 pm)
In the Search for Spock when the Klingon General is standing beside Spock's coffin and picks up the giant germ or bacteria or whatever it was, and it proceeses to strangle him, and he kills it and says it was exhilirating. ¿:sick:

Actually, just for the record:

It was a Klingon Commander, not a general

It was a microbe that had "evolved" based on the Genesis Effect

He did NOT say it was exhilirating. He contacted the bridge of his ship and said "Bridge. Nothing happening here."

1701TheOriginal

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 1:25 am

Uhura and Scotty flirting. Never mentioned in canon again, it was that bad.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Jun. 24 2010, 9:18 am

Quote (1701TheOriginal @ June 23 2010, 7:25 am)
Uhura and Scotty flirting. Never mentioned in canon again, it was that bad.

I've finally got hold of this film but haven't watched it yet. Although I'm really not looking forward to this bit! :laugh:

Quote (HaventGotALife @ June 23 2010, 2:04 am)

Sorry, totally OT but I had to comment. Ahab doesn't climb on the whale, he drives his harpoon into Moby Dick, but then when the whale runs, the line gets caught round Ahab's neck and he is dragged into the water.

Also, I disagree that he is "barely a character" until the end. I think his character is revealed through his crew rather than through his own actions, but this is what makes Starbuck important, because it is only through Starbuck's interactions with Ahab that we get a glimpse of the 'real' Ahab.

Just my interpretation anyway. And I'm still to see FC again (I saw it at the cinema but wasn't really a Trekkie then) but it's one I'm looking forward to :)