Favorite Voyager Pairs

KelisThePoet

Report this Jun. 20 2010, 3:05 am

So, I was just looking at the thread for favorite Voyager characters and thinking about how my list of individual favorites doesn't completely match up with my favorite character relationships from the show, so here are some of my favorite (and least favorite) Voyager pairs, ordered from best to worst. Please share your own pairing preferences!

1. Janeway and Chakotay
20. Neelix and Kes
21. Tom and Kes
22. Chakotay and Seven
23. Tuvok and Kes

deepspaceniner999

Report this Jun. 21 2010, 7:08 pm

Janeway and Tuvok. They complemented each other so well!
Where Tuvok had the logic to analyze a situation, Janeway had human experience and intuition, and that balanced out everything. Tuvok's logic was a strong component in Janeway's decisions!:)

brcarthey

Report this Jun. 21 2010, 10:50 pm

tom and b'elanna. they had a very natural chemistry together and complimented each other well.

Quantumflux01

Report this Jun. 22 2010, 5:09 pm

Chakotay and Tuvok: Chakotay didn't like Tuvok's logic and rationallity; Tuvok was smug when he gave Chakotay some of his logic.

Tom and B'Elanna: easy going Tom and hotheaded B'Elanna; what a combination!

Enterprise19

Report this Jun. 22 2010, 7:27 pm

Quote (brcarthey @ June 21 2010, 10:50 pm)

Yup.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 6:52 am

Quote (brcarthey @ June 21 2010, 4:50 am)

You know, they haven't gotten together yet for me and I've got to say, from what I've seen of them in VOY so far, I just can't imagine them together at all. It's going to be really interesting to see this one develop.

FriendlyTrekker

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 9:26 am

I enjoyed Janeway and Tuvok, Tom and B'Elanna, The Doctor and Kes, Chakotay and B'Elanna.

The trust and history between the captain and Tuvok was very evident from the first episode.

Tom and B'Elanna's relationship built over time and I really appreciated that.

The Doctor's first real relationship was with Kes and he learned so much from her.

Chakotay and B'Elanna were the only two Maquis members in the senior staff and that shared history was important.

brcarthey

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 10:45 am

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ July 01 2010, 6:52 am)
Quote (brcarthey @ June 21 2010, 4:50 am)

at first, you're right. i think you'll like how it develops over time (as FT says in the post above this one).

(spoiler alert below!!! )

i forget if you're watching the series on the telly or on dvd. quick scenes are sometimes shown (which are edited out on tv) as their relationship progresses and changes especially during the 3rd season. but, even as the series began and continues, notice how it's tom usually volunteering to rescue b'elanna when she's in trouble (though the action isn't reciprocated). obviously, where you are in the series b'elanna has an infatuation with chakotay and tom with kes. however, IMO these always seemed superficial and like "schoolyard crushes."

anyway, by the end of the series these two end up in very different places than where they started.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 11:46 am

Quote (brcarthey @ June 30 2010, 4:45 pm)
i forget if you're watching the series on the telly or on dvd...

I'm watching it on DVD and right now I'm up to Partuition.

So, apart from Faces, I can't actually remember Tom and B'Elanna interacting with each other that much at all.

But from the little I know of Tom, I can appreciate that he'd go for a feisty woman ;)

brcarthey

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 2:22 pm

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ July 01 2010, 11:46 am)
Quote (brcarthey @ June 30 2010, 4:45 pm)
i forget if you're watching the series on the telly or on dvd...

I'm watching it on DVD and right now I'm up to Partuition.

i agree, which is why i honestly can't understand or see him being interested in kes.

KelisThePoet

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 6:09 pm

Quote (FriendlyTrekker @ July 01 2010, 9:26 am)

Good point . . . although I felt like this relationship almost disappeared by the end of the show, which is disappointing, and the reason I don't count the relationship among my personal favorites. To an extent, it was natural for the two to grow apart as the Starfleet vs. Maquis alignment of the crew broke down and as both characters grew closer to other characters, but I do wish the relationship had not so thoroughly disappeared, even so.

But, B'Elanna's loyalty to and understanding of Chakotay in "Maneuvers" is very touching and well played, in my opinion. In fact, the B'Elanna scenes are the only thing I really like about that episode.

KelisThePoet

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 6:17 pm

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ July 01 2010, 11:46 am)
I'm watching it on DVD and right now I'm up to Partuition.

I was going to mention "Faces." I have always thougt that the writers set B'Elanna and Tom up early (at least potentially), but really only because of that episode. Otherwise, B'Elanna and Harry seemed to be a more likely direction, to me, in the beginning.

"Faces" corresponds quite nicely in tone with a season 7 episode about B'Elanna and Tom called "Lineage." The irony is that some of the backstory "facts" about B'Elanna set up in "Faces" are contradicted in "Lineage." I don't know if the writers just forgot about details of the earlier episode or deliberately decided to ignore them, but I find it hard to believe the forgetfulness excuse, because the episodes almost feel like a pair in their larger concern.

brcarthey

Report this Jul. 01 2010, 7:30 pm

Quote (KelisThePoet @ July 01 2010, 6:17 pm)
Quote (MrsStarbuck @ July 01 2010, 11:46 am)
I'm watching it on DVD and right now I'm up to Partuition.

even in the beginning i hoped that tom and b'elanna would get together. chakotay always seemed to be more of a big brother/father figure to her even though b'elanna had a crush on him. while harry seemed like the meek little brother. tom seemed to be the most natural fit.

what do you think was contradicted besides the age her father left? that discrepancy can be explained BTW.

libra11taurus10

Report this Jul. 20 2010, 6:07 pm

Seven and Janeway///Seven and Naomi Wildman, sub-unit of Ensign Samantha Wildman(that's from "Infinite Regress")///Seven and The Doctor///Seven and Tuvok///Seven and Neelix

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra