Wesley Crusher

clactonradio

POSTS: 2049

Report this Jun. 14 2010, 2:36 pm

HI

Post here if you liked Wesley Crusher.
No hate please

He never bothered me.
I know he was a bit smart but did do quite a bit for the ship I would have had him in my crew

Video Wesley Crusher Becomes Acting Ensign

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Jun. 14 2010, 2:59 pm

He did hook up with Robin Lefler, so he can't be all that bad.

quantumstring12

Report this Jun. 14 2010, 3:21 pm

Loved the idea of having a child prodigy on board.

Pooneil

Report this Jun. 14 2010, 3:28 pm

He improves starting in the second season. Maybe he had to grow up faster with his mom off the ship, or maybe the writers in Season Three just had better ideas of what to do with the character. I think "Journey's End" would have been better with more Wesley, and fewer Cardassians.

Wesley's really just a harmless geek...like most Trekkies.

clactonradio

POSTS: 2049

Report this Jun. 15 2010, 8:43 am

Quote (MarmaladeSkies @ June 14 2010, 12:30 pm)
Okay, I won't hate on Wesley in this post. But I found a funny shirt online:

I have a friend who is a Wesley fan and she thinks that shirt is funny!

Its cool  :laugh:

Gleekoid32

Report this Jun. 15 2010, 10:53 am

Quote (clactonradio @ June 14 2010, 9:43 am)
Quote (MarmaladeSkies @ June 14 2010, 12:30 pm)
Okay, I won't hate on Wesley in this post. But I found a funny shirt online:

I have a friend who is a Wesley fan and she thinks that shirt is funny!

Its cool ¿:laugh:

I think Wesley's okay, there were far worse characters on TNG *coughs Tasha Yar coughs*.

Asfor the tee, I'd buy/wear one of those any day!! :laugh:  :laugh:

Sara_Paris

POSTS: 20272

Report this Jun. 15 2010, 11:00 am

^Me too!

Wesley really gets a bad rep.

Celedor

Report this Jun. 15 2010, 5:52 pm

You know, I never found out how many people hated Wesley until the 90s when I began to read things on the internet. I sometimes miss those happy days of the 80s when a disgruntled viewer didn't have an easy forum to rain on the parade of the pleased fan. I like Wes, and I think he got better every season.

All that said, the shirt is funny.

-Celedor-
jwbraun.com

enchantedgirl

Report this Jun. 16 2010, 12:39 pm

I hated absolutely none of the characters on the show, so I don't hate Wesley either. I liked him, just like I liked all the rest (including Tasha Yar, lol.) I do enjoy making fun of him sometimes though, but only because I find it silly and not because I have any bad feelings for him. And I think anyone would be foolish not to want to have him in their crew. He can do a lot!

Pooneil

Report this Jun. 16 2010, 1:36 pm

I'm watching Season 5 right now and I sort of miss him. He could be annoying, especially early on, but he added something to the show. It was important that not everyone be a uniformed officer, IMO.

HaventGotALife

Report this Jun. 17 2010, 2:33 am

Wesley Crusher was my favorite character growing up (I was 5). I still think that he receives too much hate just because he is too smart and a do-gooder all the time. I think there's something to be explored there and it would've been better if they made him a Chief than an acting-Ensign or given him a field commission. It is wrong to say aptitude and talent conquers all. I can't say that I particularly like the character when he was a regular and an ensign. He did really nothing in the fourth season. There was nothing about him adjusting to his duties, that sort of thing. I like the fact they made him a child onboard because that was the long-term exploration, the answer to Kirk's demons, the difference than the Original Series, early on. It was a good concept. I think they just ran out of things for him to do. They essentially had a more believable and interesting Wesley Crusher in Nog on Deep Space Nine.

DarthJester

Report this Jun. 17 2010, 9:58 am

It was fun having him on seasons 3 and 4 and then he moved on.

(I have nothing to say on seasons 1&2 exept that I skip them apart from 2 episodes........)

dilithiumcrystal02

Report this Jun. 21 2010, 5:06 pm

I love Wesley! he's so smart and kinda cute and he has some funny moments. I think Wil Wheaton did a pretty good job portraying him too.

TaoTrek

Report this Jun. 21 2010, 7:52 pm

I still don't fully understand the hatred generated towards him. I enjoyed seeing him undermine and outsmart the oh-so-perfect crew. :laugh: His later seasons were the most enjoyable. :cool:

Celedor

Report this Jun. 26 2010, 9:42 pm

I just found out that Wil's going to be at a convention I'll be attending in August (Gen Con). I hope I get to see him.