Stargate Atlantis

BrotherofShran01

Report this May. 22 2010, 5:15 pm

I am a Trekkie. Make no mistake about it. After Enterprise was running and there was no current episodes, I watched Stargate Atlantis. I felt like I was cheating on the franchise, but they had their own thing going on. I admit that their Star Trek jokes were funny and love it when some of the Star TRek actor starred or guest stared in the show (Robert Picardo (Mr. Woolsey), Connor Trinneer (Michael)).

I feel that the show was good enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with Star Trek. If you have not seen it, check out a youtube clip.

Stargate Atlantis-First Contact part 1

Stargate Atlantis-First Contact part 2

sonofspock1

Report this May. 22 2010, 7:24 pm

D'you want really annoyed me about Atlantis in the later years?

Carson.

Now don't get me wrong, I liked Carson, and Paul McGillion's accent was flawless. But killing Carson in Sunday was the right thing to do. To me, it says that although they generally have a fun old time, life in the Pegasus Galaxy can be rough.

But no. The die hard fans moaned and moaned... and Wright and Cooper allowed them to bring back Carson, basically making the events of Sunday utterly pointless in my mind.

But that's probably only my major gripe with Atlantis, though I have a slight problem with Amanda Tapping only sticking around for one season. Imagine if Bob Picardo had two years in Pegasus instead of the one?

And to be honest, I do miss it. It never managed to reach the heights reached by SG-1, but by God they had some rollicking good episodes like the S3 finale First Strike and S5's The Shrine. Shame of Sci-Fi for scrapping it in favour of SGU.

Maybe I hould amke a more positive post next time, Bro? :laugh:

Lt_Hotspot

Report this May. 22 2010, 7:26 pm

I liked the first few series but lost interest in it.

BrotherofShran01

Report this May. 22 2010, 7:29 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ May 22 2010, 7:24 pm)
D'you want really annoyed me about Atlantis in the later years?

Carson.

Maybe I hould amke a more positive post next time, Bro? :laugh:

It's cool. It is good that you are speaking your mind about the show.

BrotherofShran01

Report this May. 22 2010, 7:30 pm

Quote (Lt_Hotspot @ May 22 2010, 7:26 pm)
I liked the first few series but lost interest in it.

Why?Are you saying that you liked the first few episodes and lost interest?

sonofspock1

Report this May. 22 2010, 7:57 pm

OK, as promised, something positive from Vegas:

:D

BrotherofShran01

Report this May. 22 2010, 8:18 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ May 22 2010, 7:57 pm)
OK, as promised, something positive from Vegas:

:D

:laugh: ¿:laugh:

BTW, where did you find the transcripts for the episodes?

Unregistered_Guest

Report this May. 23 2010, 5:14 am

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ May 22 2010, 2:15 pm)

The jokes started way back even in SG1.  Season 2  Jack and his team travel back to the groovy sixties.

When O'Neill is captured by the Air Force, he identifies himself as "Captain James T. Krik of the starship Enterprise".

I'm rewatching SG1 and had forgotten how much fun it was.

VulcanKat

Report this May. 23 2010, 6:23 am

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ May 22 2010, 5:15 pm)

Stargate Atlantis-First Contact part 1

Stargate Atlantis-First Contact part 2

Love it! Love the water, love the wormhole, love the aliens, love the Canadian-American team. Love it!

sonofspock1

Report this May. 23 2010, 4:44 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ May 23 2010, 1:18 am)
Quote (sonofspock1 @ May 22 2010, 7:57 pm)
OK, as promised, something positive from Vegas:

:D

:laugh: ?:laugh:

BTW, where did you find the transcripts for the episodes?

I watched Vegas the other day and decided that would make a mighty fine sig some day, so I just scribbled it down on a scrap of paper.

Gateworld have transcripts of SGU episodes, so maybe they have some for the older shows. I used to frewuent the place before SGU started up, but I haven't checked in in a looong time.

BrotherofShran01

Report this May. 23 2010, 6:27 pm

Quote (Unregistered_Guest @ May 23 2010, 5:14 am)
Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ May 22 2010, 2:15 pm)

The jokes started way back even in SG1. ¿Season 2 ¿Jack and his team travel back to the groovy sixties.

I'm rewatching SG1 and had forgotten how much fun it was.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Captured by the Air force, I know you knew that was from Tomorrow is Yesterday when Kirk WAS captured by the Air Force.

BrotherofShran01

Report this May. 23 2010, 6:33 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ May 23 2010, 4:44 pm)
Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ May 23 2010, 1:18 am)
Quote (sonofspock1 @ May 22 2010, 7:57 pm)
OK, as promised, something positive from Vegas:

:D

:laugh: ?:laugh:

BTW, where did you find the transcripts for the episodes?

Thanks for the link SoS1. I wish there was a site that had all the seasons for Stargate Atlantis that you can view for free. Hulu had posted the first half of season 5 and then posted the other half of season 5. They have all of Stargate SG-1, I think.

sonofspock1

Report this May. 23 2010, 7:24 pm

Your thread has gotten me very nostalgic for Atlantis Bro! :laugh:

And I think I'm starting to like SGU! :O

sonofspock1

Report this May. 23 2010, 7:36 pm

I'd forgotten Nicole DeBoer put in an appearence. Shame she and her all female SG team never came back. The potential for comedy was too great! :laugh:

Yanks, be sure to check out the Continuum thread! ;)

TrekFan1701E

Report this May. 23 2010, 9:27 pm

I thought the series was just ok. That Dr. and Mrs. McKay episode was good. I liked Rodney out of all the characters.