The OLD V series vs The NEW V series

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 03 2010, 1:51 pm

Let's face it THE VISITORS ARE BACK ! The Original V series was a turning point for sci fi with Lizard-like aliens pretending to be our friends when they secretly was stealing our after supply and wanting to take humans as a FOOD SUPPLY, the resistance fought back hard to stop them. I think The Original V mini-series had good characters good drama, action but that Diana was one tough mama, though the TV series didn't do to well, the mini series was a great event.

Today, in the new show, we have ¿Lizards disguised humans wanting to be friends but with a different motive, I think the new series don't have enough fire to it, it's basically a bunch of pretty faces talking tough,
the action is okay but it seems like the resistance is soft..With terrorism themes and todays problems this show should had been a winner..After a couple of episodes I'm still waiting for something to happen, at LEAST show us a freakin Lizard for crying out loud.. SO WHICH V series is better ? :honorable:

TrekFan1701E

Report this May. 03 2010, 7:45 pm

And this has to do with Star Trek how?

Unregistered_Guest

Report this May. 04 2010, 3:11 am

^^^  Because there is no ST on TV right now so we have to content ourselves with these other poor substitutes to get our SciFi fix.   :cry:

Unregistered_Guest

Report this May. 04 2010, 3:14 am

Here's on major gripe I have with the new V.  Waaaaaaaaay too much use of green screen.  It looks fake and cheap and I do not like it.  :grr:

It makes me fear what a future incarnation of ST might look like.  I want to see a bridge that actually exists someplace other than inside of a computer.

Same complaint about Sanctuary.

TheDriver

Report this May. 04 2010, 8:58 am

I gave up on the new series (just last week) as it is brainless.

However, the original V miniseries was PHENOMENAL. The Final Battle follow-up was pretty good. And the series that aired shortly after? Um, not so good.

BTW, the one thing that REALLY irks me about the new series? How "V" stands for "Visitors." In the original, the "V" stood for "Victory" as the entire miniseries was just one big metaphor for resistance against the Nazis and fascism (with some really great sci-fi thrown in for good measure).

I mean, has the new series ever explained why the "V" logo is done in spray paint? I don't think so. Again, brainless...

TheDriver

Report this May. 04 2010, 9:29 am

In the original, it was DIANA.

Anyway, you're right. That Morena Baccarin chick is smoking fine. Especially in those tight little dresses they keep coming up with for her.

But no way is she better than Jane Badler. Just my opinion.

challengerdyer

Report this May. 04 2010, 9:55 am

I caught The Final Battle a few weeks ago on SYFY Channel and I forgot that Diana was killing everyone in sight in the last two hours!! What a psycho!!!  I still tear up when Abraham Bernstein teaches those kids to spray paint the V...."You see? For Victory. Go tell your friends."

He and Ruby don't make it, but Daniel Bernstein gets his in the end.

The new one is very good, just needs more Resistance...more lizards...and whats up with the Wolverine wannabe?

captainroe

Report this May. 04 2010, 10:29 am

Quote (DammitJim6200 @ May 03 2010, 4:51 pm)

Today, in the new show, we have ?Lizards disguised humans wanting to be friends but with a different motive, I think the new series don't have enough fire to it, it's basically a bunch of pretty faces talking tough,

If you're comparing the old, short lived tv series to the new tv series, I have to say the new one. But if you're talking about the miniseries vs. the new series, I have to say the miniseries.

What the hell is wrong with the writers? The show is so slow. And let's be honest, at times it's absolutely boring. All we've seen so far is Anna's nictitating eyes and her fangs. We haven't seen any battles, just some sabotage that really didn't even rise to the level of being outright terrorism.

This is a show about aliens invading Earth. I want to see some blood spilled. I want to see the aliens eat some people. I understand the need for background info and character development, but the writers are falling short in that regard too.

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 04 2010, 5:09 pm

Quote (captainroe @ May 03 2010, 11:29 am)
Quote (DammitJim6200 @ May 03 2010, 4:51 pm)

"Blood spilled" ? yeah and I WOULD at least like to see a LIZARDS FACE for crying out loud, But Disney owns ABC so I guess that killed all my hopes of seeing that,
this show should had aired on Showtime or the sci fi channel, I don't think it'll last on ABC.

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 04 2010, 5:12 pm

Quote (Yanks @ May 03 2010, 10:10 am)
Quote (TheDriver @ May 04 2010, 8:58 am)
I gave up on the new series (just last week) as it is brainless.

Yeah, I'm with you. But I think the new series is much better than the old one. Brainless kind of applies to this whole series if you ask me.

...and this series has one of my Firefly girls in it ;)

Who is a much better Anna in my opinion.

Yeah she's beautiful but she's a horrible actress, you could never  believe she's capable of leading an assult against Earth, maybe an assult at Hooters but that's another story...   :(

TrekFan1701E

Report this May. 04 2010, 5:57 pm

Quote (Unregistered_Guest @ May 04 2010, 3:11 am)
^^^ ¿Because there is no ST on TV right now so we have to content ourselves with these other poor substitutes to get our SciFi fix. ¿ :cry:

Shouldn't this be in Ten Forward?

Lucifer_

Report this May. 06 2010, 4:00 am

Original V by a landslide. The new show is a slap in the face to the original. Everything about it is just wrong on every level.

Diana >>>>>>>>>>>>> Anna. Seriously, how can anyone even compare the two?

The people in the original V resistance were much more real to me than any of the new folk. Ruby, Caleb, Elias, Ham Tyler & his partner Chris Farber, The Bernsteins, The Maxwells, Martin from the 5th columnm and Willy just to name my fav. Same for the baddies; Diana, Steven, Brian, and later on Sarah Douglas as Pamela. Hell, I even cried when Ruby was killed and I shouted for joy when Daniel Bernstein (a Vistor youth colaborator) was set up by the resistance as payback for killing her.

Sadly, the weekly TV series sucked and was swiftly axed by the network.

Lucifer_

Report this May. 06 2010, 4:01 am

Hell in terms of sinister, Diana would make a good consort for Darth Vader. :laugh:

Lucifer_

Report this May. 06 2010, 5:31 pm

Admittedly, I like the oringal miniseries less than V: The Final Battle. I can understand why it may be hard to watch.

One of my favorite scenes from the original mini was when Robin's father sold out the resistance cell to the Visitor officer, who claimed to be a father himself and promised Maxwell that he would give him time to get his family out. As we saw later there was never any intention of delaying the attack and Maxwell's wife paid the price for his treachery. I'm surprised the resistance didn't put a bullet in his head for that, but then again I don't think he ever told anyone.

I also loved the scene where Grandpa Bernstein is chastising his son for not helping the Maxwells. "We hid you in a suitcase" he said, recalling how they had to flee Nazi tyranny. Later on, the old man is captured by the Visitors, never to be seen again. In a later part of the story, Berstein's wife tried to turn away the resistance when they needed help, but then Bernstien gave his wife a letter, written by his father just before he was taken by the Visitors. The theme of fascism and Nazi Germany is a very strong thread in the V Saga, which was sadly forgotten when V became a weekly zap-the-bad-aliens show.

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 07 2010, 10:22 pm

Quote (Lucifer_ @ May 05 2010, 6:31 pm)

The original plan was to make a TV show about Nazi Germany and Fascism, but the net work wanted to make he Nazi's Lizards instead, the show's graphics were awesome for the time and still holds up today, especially when the lovely Diana ate that Guinea Pig, remember that ?  :D