I don't understand the whole "Goth" thing

HedoIsBarisManco

Report this May. 02 2010, 10:26 am

I don't understand the whole "Goth" thing. ¿Why do people wear black lipstick, nail polish and just general goth appearance ?

Is it just another image people are trying to portray, like a nerd look or a preppy look or a jock look ?

I don't understand

MACHMAN

Report this May. 02 2010, 11:15 am

personlly i wear my goth clothing because it makes me look diifferent, its also suits the style music i like.

i also wear the make up nailvarish but not lipstick, i dont have the lips for it, but ive been wearing make up since was 17 im now 43 and i look good in it (IMHO) i also wear one earring in my right ear not my left, im not gay or bi-sexual or bi curious.

i wear it because;

1. i wont be labelled

2. Gary Numan wore his in that ear (Image)

im not disagreeing that its image but its a bloody cool looking image, u wont see any goth's wearing Ugg boots :sick:

CtotheRtotheOBob

Report this May. 02 2010, 11:36 am

Goth is just another sub-culture. They wear the clothes they do because that's the clothing they wear. Same reason jocks and preps wear what they wear. There's no rational reason for it, though the people who wear clothes that way tend to make up reasons. Like "I can be unique (by dressing like all the other goths)", or "This style appears powerful", and Mach just added "I won't be labeled". They all seem particularly silly to me, but oh well. I'm not being forced to wear it. They can do whatever they want, for whatever reasons they come up with.

Valdena

Report this May. 02 2010, 1:22 pm

Quote (MACHMAN @ May 02 2010, 11:15 am)

i wear it because;

1. i wont be labelled

2. Gary Numan wore his in that ear (Image)

Goth is sexy, a huge turn-on.

Love my Goth sexy MACHMAN. :kiss:

MACHMAN

Report this May. 02 2010, 1:30 pm

:kiss: :kiss:  love you too baby

Valdena

Report this May. 02 2010, 1:48 pm

:kiss:

yayyyyy

Valdena

Report this May. 02 2010, 2:28 pm

MACHMAN

Report this May. 02 2010, 2:52 pm

thank you hunny.

Hedos, i dont know why you feel a need to understand it, its like anything in this world, people want to be different we're all indivduals so we express ourselves in different ways.

Valdena

Report this May. 02 2010, 7:09 pm

What is a winkle picker?

Rajiin

Report this May. 02 2010, 7:31 pm

Sorry, if a guy wears more makeup than I do ....... there is something VERY wrong. Just my opinion.

Valdena

Report this May. 02 2010, 7:44 pm

Quote (Nachtkommen @ May 02 2010, 6:43 pm)
Quote (HedoIsBarisManco @ May 02 2010, 10:26 am)
I don't understand the whole "Goth" thing. ?Why do people wear black lipstick, nail polish and just general goth appearance ?

I don't understand

The goth look is the best look there is, that's why.

Beware of poseurs, though.

Yeah the Goth look is hot.

Eyeliner and black nail polish occasionally is cool, accompanied by black clothing.

Hot

QdonQ

Report this May. 02 2010, 7:46 pm

grigori

Report this May. 02 2010, 8:25 pm

Quote (Rajiin @ May 02 2010, 7:31 pm)

yeh, we covered this in the hunkiest guys thread. I understand some women like the metro-sexual thing, too, but I'll take old-fashioned hairy chests and sweat and rough edges.

OOPS I forgot, Bak was known to wear make-up from time to time... :laugh:

Rajiin

Report this May. 02 2010, 8:29 pm

Quote (Nachtkommen @ May 02 2010, 5:11 pm)
Quote (Rajiin @ May 02 2010, 7:31 pm)

Women that don't like men in make-up are just scared that the men might look better than them wearing it.

No, women don't like it when men don't like like men!  How hard is that to understand.  Makeup = look like a woman.  If a woman wanted someone who looked like a woman, she would just date a woman!  Good Lord.

CtotheRtotheOBob

Report this May. 02 2010, 9:18 pm

Quote (Rajiin @ May 02 2010, 5:31 pm)

On what do you base your opinion?

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra, FleetAdmiral_BamBam