Iron Man 2

Vger23

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 12:14 pm

1. I smell bovine excrement

2. I agree that the first Iron Man, while somewhat entertaining, was not nearly as "WICKED AWESOME" as everyone made it out to be. I don't own it. I'm not going to buy it. I'm not really excited for a sequel.

Of course, the "superhero" genre is about as interesting to me as a Mongolian insurance seminar. The only genre I'm less interested in is the "wizards and warriors" genre.

Narada

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 1:02 pm

I think the 1st Iron Man movie was very good and I expect the sequel will also be good. Thank you for the report!

:cool:

subytrek

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 1:10 pm

Quote (Vger23 @ April 29 2010, 9:14 am)
1. I smell bovine excrement

I think that explains why you didn't like it.

I am looking forward to it.  :cool:

SpaceTherapist

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 1:18 pm

Superhero movies are right up near the top for me. I just love them. I was a DC universe type of person as a kid and never really got into Marvel comics but I have enjoyed many of the superhero movies based on their characters.

So when I saw the first Iron Man movie I really didn't know too much about the character. But I loved the movie! I thought it was much more of a fun enjoyable movie than the Dark Knight (which I also did enjoy) so I am really looking forward to the sequel.

Vger23

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 1:51 pm

Quote (subytrek @ April 29 2010, 1:10 pm)
Quote (Vger23 @ April 29 2010, 9:14 am)
1. I smell bovine excrement

I think that explains why you didn't like it.

I am looking forward to it. ¿:cool:

Where does it say that I didn't like it? I believe I said I found it somewhat entertaining, which is vastly more than I can say for most of the dime-a-dozen superhero / comic book movies.

For the genre, it was a very good movie. I'm simply not a fan of the genre...

Mirrorgirl

Report this Apr. 30 2010, 12:02 am

I really enjoyed 'Iron Man' and I am looking forward to seeing 'Iron Man 2'. It's all about RDJ for me. ;)

Now since I could not stand 'Avatar' I am not sure your recommendation is valid for me, but thanks for letting us know your feelings  :D

31st_Century_Temporal_Age
nt

Report this Apr. 30 2010, 12:29 am

Quote (Mirrorgirl @ April 30 2010, 12:02 am)

Now since I could not stand 'Avatar' I am not sure your recommendation is valid for me, but thanks for letting us know your feelings ?:D

Wow mg I must say you are in the great minority as far as Avatar goes but hey I always root for the underdog. ¿:D

As far as comic book movies go. Over the years I find myself looking less and less forward to them. After the X Men series I kind of lost interest. Spawn was the greatest ever for me in that genre. I am not even looking forward to X-Men 1st class that much either.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Apr. 30 2010, 4:39 am

Quote (31st_Century_Temporal_Agent @ April 30 2010, 2:29 pm)
Quote (Mirrorgirl @ April 30 2010, 12:02 am)

Wow mg I must say you are in the great minority as far as Avatar goes but hey I always root for the underdog. ?:D

The Emperor has NO CLOTHES.

Avatar is a load of old rubbish.   :laugh:

Somniac

Report this Apr. 30 2010, 5:53 am

I believe one's enjoyment of Superhero movies can depend a lot on whether one is into comics in general. If comics have no appeal, there's no reason the movies would either.

JCK

Report this May. 01 2010, 8:54 pm

I'm looking forward to Iron Man 2. The whole direction Marvel is taking with the Avengers set-up intrigues me, so I'm pretty pumped about this one, Thor, and Captain America, which will be closely followed by The Avengers. Not saying everything (like casting) thrills me about all of the movies, but I'll give them a shot.

Unregistered_Guest

Report this May. 02 2010, 4:19 am

I've only seen the trailer, which to me looked like IM 2 was heading into Transformers territority.  A whole lot of "robots" fighting it out in the street.  It was not what I was hoping for.  Hopefully it has a good story to go along with all the visual FX.

Vger23

Report this May. 02 2010, 10:53 am

Quote (Somniac @ April 30 2010, 5:53 am)

I wouldn't say that's true. The box office numbers of those movies seem to indicate that there is tremendous mass-appeal.

But, to your point...I don't read any superhero stuff (comics, graphic novels, or otherwise) so that's probably why I don't care about the movies.

I DO like the Batman stuff...but that's about it. I've never seen another comic book-inspired movie I felt was anything better than "average." I thought "Iron Man" was average...which is a high rank in my view.

sonofspock1

Report this May. 02 2010, 6:13 pm

*sighs*

She basically just stand around handing things to Tony and Pepper, but d@mn, she looks good doing it! :laugh:

TheDriver

Report this May. 03 2010, 2:21 am

I think, after a slew of duds, many of the more recent mainstream Marvel and DC movies have been pretty good.

I really enjoyed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. And I really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to Iron Man II (and Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, and Batman III).

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 03 2010, 1:37 pm

Quote (4_o_20 @ April 28 2010, 6:55 pm)
Let me get this strait. Iron Man isn't great. It's good, not great. Iron Man 2 is brilliant. It feels very much like a Marvel comic, if you're into that sorta thing.

Remember how Spiderman was alright, and Spiderman 2 was one of the greatest movies ever made? Or The Empire Strikes Back, Aliens or Terminator 2: Judgement Day? It's like that...

Iron Man WAS GREAT, Iron Man 2 will be even greater,
and we all love the AWESOME Avatar !
I'm glad sci fi movies are getting good again. :D