How many here like the new movie

starwarsrcks

Report this Apr. 28 2010, 2:26 pm

is there any others that like Star Trek XI or is it just me

Vger23

Report this Apr. 28 2010, 3:17 pm

It's definitely not just you. Most like it. Some others don't, though. It certainly has polarized fandom in some ways. I for one enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a mid-grade TOS film (better than TFF, TVH, and TUC...but not better than TMP, TWOK, or TSFS) in my book. That makes it pretty darn good!

Narada

Report this Apr. 28 2010, 5:12 pm

Yes I love the new Star Trek movie and I look forward to this sequel.

GalaxyClass14

Report this Apr. 28 2010, 9:31 pm

it rocks

TaoTrek

Report this Apr. 28 2010, 11:10 pm

When I finished watching it in theaters, I thought it kicked so much @ss!!! :laugh:

I still do. :D

frsteven

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 12:18 am

If I, a lifetime fan and supporter of Star Trek, am to continue to view the movies, etc., here are my requirements:

(1) The timeline of ST must be restored in the 2nd Abrams and Crew movie. Undo the timeline changes of their first movie.

(2) The Humanist ethics must be restored. Dump the product placements, etc.

The new cast is awesome. The new effects and action are awesome. But there must be the underlying purpose and ethics of ST. Otherwise we just have an empty shell.

If this is not done, I will not pay anything to see the 2nd movie, and will boycott, and will strongly encourage others to boycott, this travesty on a great franchise.

You are not just making movies. You have been entrusted with a cultural legacy. Make it fun, make it exciting, make it profitable, but make it right.

This is not Lost and Fringe, which you have created from whole cloth. This is OUR Star Trek, and you must serve it well if you want it to succeed.

Thanks,

Rev. Steven Armstrong
San Francisco

1701AtoE

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 1:54 am

I really liked the new movie, in ways different then the way I liked other Trek movies.

This kind of threads (along with "How many don't like the movies") can be found many times on this and other message boards, along with polls. And of course the "liking" of the film is in majority.

cptdon

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 9:11 am

Doctor McCoy rocked!

cptdon

Report this Apr. 29 2010, 11:50 am

Quote (frsteven @ April 29 2010, 12:18 am)

(2) The Humanist ethics must be restored. Dump the product placements, etc.

Thanks,

Rev. Steven Armstrong
San Francisco

This post does not belong here! I mean, the tread title say it all Mr. Armstrong.

starwarsrcks

Report this Apr. 30 2010, 9:09 am

Chris Pine's journey he took as Kirk was very enjoyable in the movie a zero to hero transformation I think :)

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Apr. 30 2010, 9:23 pm

I enjoyed it, more so than TMP, TFF, TSFS, INS, NEM and GEN.

crystalreman69

Report this May. 03 2010, 4:32 am

I really was dead set against seeing this movie. In fact, I didn't even see it in theaters. However, I reluctantly viewed it on DVD upon its release & found it quite entertaining. However, the TNG crew will always remain my fave... ;)

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 07 2010, 10:33 pm

Quote (starwarsrcks @ April 27 2010, 3:26 pm)
is there any others that like Star Trek XI or is it just me

Read my sig that's how I feel about it. :eyesroll:

PhantomCrunk007

Report this May. 08 2010, 12:32 am

Quote (DammitJim6200 @ May 07 2010, 7:33 am)
Quote (starwarsrcks @ April 27 2010, 3:26 pm)
is there any others that like Star Trek XI or is it just me

Read my sig that's how I feel about it. :eyesroll:

:laugh:

ThankYouGeneR

Report this May. 09 2010, 12:57 pm

Quote (starwarsrcks @ April 28 2010, 1:26 pm)
is there any others that like Star Trek XI or is it just me

I like it. A lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!