I'm Done With The Tough Woman Stereotype

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:25 pm

Thanks to the fracken Women's Rights Movement, the days of being pampered and taken care of are gone. I'm all for women being equal and independant, believe me but does that mean we have to give up everything that makes us female? I don't want to have to 'butch up' just to make sure I get my due place in a man's world. It's like the lines are blurred now and we don't know how to act anymore.?Too feminine and soft, your a dumb push over.Too in control and you're a mean men hating b*tch.

I LIKE being a woman. I LIKE being soft (shut up Kai) and sweet (shut up Admiral_JTK) and I want my door opened and my chair pulled out for me (stop rolling your eyes Wissa). Is that so much to ask? I feel like we have to be these hard asses (close your mouth Damar) to get anyone to listen to us. And thanks to other women who are COMPLETE b*tches, it's harder for us to find 'good guys'. (refrains from adding 'yeah right, there aren't any' )

As women, we've created monsters. Men these days are liking these tough/strong women and you know why? THAT'S BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT WHEN THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING WE WILL!!!! Because we have no choice. We are doers! But once you become the 'doer' in the relationship, the men get lazy and feel like you don't need any pampering. They push off everything to you because 'you want to be in control so go ahead'. We never said we wanted to be in control. We just want things to get done and if you don't do it we have to. What part of that don't you get??But that doesn't make us less of a woman.We still want to feel pretty and feminine and have you do all the things you'd do for the pretty dumb chick you'd go out with. We just have brains that actually work. Just because we can string words together to create an intelligent sentence doesn't mean you can't still do things for us!

What are we to do?

grigori

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:27 pm

ditto rant, only substitute "abstract intellectual woman" for "tough woman". but to many guys, it amounts to the same thing. :(

Optimus_lion

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:27 pm

I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:30 pm

Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Honestly, that would be AWESOME.  See, it's the little things that mean a lot.  I give great back rubs but does that mean I would't like one in return?  After I get done rubbing your back for half an hour I don't want to hear that you are too tired or too relaxed.

Cruervo

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:30 pm

Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:25 pm)

What are we to do?

Find the balance in everything. Do you know what its like to be feminine and heterosexual at the same time?  :(

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:31 pm

Quote (Cruervo @ April 06 2010, 5:30 pm)
Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:25 pm)

What are we to do?

Find the balance in everything. Do you know what its like to be feminine and heterosexual at the same time? ¿:(

Go start your own thread.  This is about us women, lol.

Cruervo

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:32 pm

:p

klaatuverratanictu

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:32 pm

I have always opened doors for women. I have treated them with a great deal of respect. Those were the values of my grandparents generation, which they passed on to me starting at a very early age. I also admire women who are intelligent, well-read, can hold their own in a conversation of substance. I found the right one for me and I married her 12 years ago. I also have tremendous respect for successful women , regardless of what field they are in because they often have to STILL deal with men that don't feel they belong there. They often have had to work twice as hard to get where they are.

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:33 pm

Quote (Cruervo @ April 06 2010, 5:32 pm)
:p

jk

*hugs*

HedoIsBarisManco

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:33 pm

Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:30 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Honestly, that would be AWESOME. ¿See, it's the little things that mean a lot. ¿I give great back rubs but does that mean I would't like one in return? ¿After I get done rubbing your back for half an hour I don't want to hear that you are too tired or too relaxed.

I have this foot massager/Washer I put in the shower, its like a gel insole but with ridges and edges.  Bed bath and beyond

Optimus_lion

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:34 pm

Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:30 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Seriously, I hear what you're saying.

And I agree, that's why sixty-nine is a perfect number!
:laugh:

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:34 pm

Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:34 pm)
Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:30 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Honestly, that would be AWESOME. ?See, it's the little things that mean a lot. ?I give great back rubs but does that mean I would't like one in return? ?After I get done rubbing your back for half an hour I don't want to hear that you are too tired or too relaxed.

Seriously, I hear what you're saying.

And I agree, that's why sixty-nine is a perfect number!
:laugh:

lol, perv.

Optimus_lion

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:38 pm

Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:34 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:34 pm)
Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:30 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Seriously, I hear what you're saying.

And I agree, that's why sixty-nine is a perfect number!
:laugh:

lol, perv.

lol the ying and the yang...it's a beautiful thing.

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:40 pm

Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:38 pm)
Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:34 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:34 pm)
Quote (Rajiin @ April 05 2010, 9:30 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 5:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D

Seriously, I hear what you're saying.

And I agree, that's why sixty-nine is a perfect number!
:laugh:

lol, perv.

lol the ying and the yang...it's a beautiful thing.

Yeah, yeah, you all offer the foot rubs and the pampering in the beginning and then it's straight to burping, farting and whiping yer mouth on the bed sheets .............

Rajiin

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 8:42 pm

Quote (Nachtkommen @ April 06 2010, 5:41 pm)
Quote (Optimus_lion @ April 06 2010, 8:27 pm)
I'll give you a foot rub if you want?
:D