Scott Bakula appearances update

whyaduck

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 9:30 am

SB will be on New Adventures of Old Christine on April 14 and he was in the preview for the episode of Chuck that will air in three weeks.

Serit

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 11:36 am

Cool! When/where is "NA/OC" on the air? What's Chuck about again, please? I've been spending way too much time writing to be watching TV...

Does anyone know what's up with "Men of a Certain Age"? The last ep I saw was Scott's character (Terry?) getting passed over for an acting job and his buddy the car salesman (who has become the general manager in his dad's dealership) has hired Terry as the newest sales associate. When's it coming back?!

whyaduck

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 11:58 am

Quote (Serit @ April 06 2010, 11:36 am)

New Adventures of Old Christine is on CBS on Wed. at 8 p.m. (EST).

MOACA - the episode you saw was the season finale. It supposed to return in the fall.

Chuck is a tongue-in-cheek spy show that airs on Monday nights on NBC.

Reanok

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 12:52 pm

I saw Chuck last night they're going on a three week hiatus. They showed a preview of upcoming shows and Scott Bakula was shown in the preview. I read somewhere Scott was going to be appearing in the shows leading up to the finale on May 24.

grigori

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 1:25 pm

CHUCK rocks. They've had exceptional episodes lately. Unfortunately, much of it builds on relationships that have been evolving since the beginning.

The first 2 seasons are rentable everywhere, and well worth the watch!

THANK DUCK for the excellent updates.

whyaduck

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 1:25 pm

Quote (Reanok @ April 06 2010, 12:52 pm)

Uh, that's what I wrote in the original post (and included the link to the preview). :D

grigori

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 1:28 pm

But I think SB's only in 2 episodes of CHUCK. Are there only 2 episodes left? otherwise something's changed...

Reanok

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 3:19 pm

Sorry for any confusion I was reading about Chuck tv news at Entertainment weekly's website.It mentioned some major spoilers for Chuck and Scott Bakula's return http://ausiellofiles.ew.com

TrekFan1701E

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 9:28 pm

Quote (grigori @ April 06 2010, 1:25 pm)

The first 2 seasons are rentable everywhere, and well worth the watch!

THANK DUCK for the excellent updates.

Chuck is on the bubble again no one is sure if NBC will do a fourth season. Chuck's ratings haven't been that great. Shows now need at least an 8 Million or 10 Million to survive and Chuck got 5.6 Million last night and a 2.0 Share in the 18-49 age bracket. I think Chuck only has a cult follwing and the mainstream audience doesn't like it. I like Chuck but I don't think it will back. Unless NBC decides to renew it because I am not sure if they don't have that many new shows in developement for the Fall because of Jay Leno's Prime Time show failing.

grigori

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 9:34 pm

I had to be "introduced" to CHUCK and had no idea what I was missing. Maybe they didn't market/represent it very well? accurately? It's exceptionally good writing. We were lamenting the loss of good SciFi over on Ten Forward.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 9:38 pm

I forgot Chuck is on a 3 week break and returns with new episodes after that. I wonder how much that break will hurt the show?

grigori

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 9:40 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ April 06 2010, 9:38 pm)

all shows have 3-week breaks. it's just that seasons are staggered so they aren't always at the same time anymore.

lostshaker

Report this Apr. 06 2010, 11:42 pm

That's my experience as well. ¿I had friends telling me about it, and it wasn't until I was waiting for 24 that I decided to watch the last 10 minutes of a season 2 episode. Chuck displayed the qualities of a Gene Roddenberry human and I was instantly hooked. I caught up fast afterwards! And I think Chuck's marketing is horrible. ¿Most of my friends didn't become aware of it until the beginning of season 2.

As for the 3 week hiatus, I'm glad they ended it on such a strong note. That episode last night will get me through the next three weeks of Chuck withdrawal. It's my second favorite episode. But it's really too good to be 2nd best, so it's more like 1.8.

TaoTrek

Report this Apr. 07 2010, 12:28 pm

I've seen Chuck since the beginning and I love it! The characters, the plotlines, the humor, everything fits!! The only problem is that they really don't advertise it very well or show reruns, so it's hard to follow if you haven't been watching it from the beginning.

Also, the fact that Scott Bakula has made apperances and shall again in the future only makes it that much sweeter to watch. :cool:

grigori

Report this Apr. 07 2010, 1:25 pm

Quote (lostshaker @ April 06 2010, 11:42 pm)

I agree. the first Bak episode is far and away my favorite...what incredible writing! what an incredible story, and poignant and left hanging (for Ellie...) :)