problems in the "trekkie" community

blackorca22

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 11:50 am

I am writing a paper for my english class on problems with in a community that you belong.  I chose the star trek fan community and i am having trouble identifying problems and issues with in the star trek fan community.  if anyone can think of an issue with in the community please let me know by posting here.  thank you so much  and live long and prosper

ssmukhi

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 2:18 pm

Quote (blackorca22 @ Mar. 29 2010, 11:50 pm)
I am writing a paper for my english class on problems with in a community that you belong. ¿I chose the star trek fan community and i am having trouble identifying problems and issues with in the star trek fan community. ¿if anyone can think of an issue with in the community please let me know by posting here. ¿thank you so much ¿and live long and prosper

What problems?  :sarcastic:

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 2:44 pm

Circle the wagons, Martha. Hey! Over there! Close those ranks!

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 2:48 pm

Wull, tha way ah see it is we don't have enough sidewalks for this community. And, dang, them people with dowgs don't pick up their dowg poop. Dang um. Now THAT's a big problem in this community.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 2:57 pm

An now ahm thinkin about it, when WAS the last time we had a drum circle? Huh? Just you tell me THAT.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 3:08 pm

An my settin couch. They won't let me keep my settin couch in the front yard no more. This community jess don't understand the joy of a big ole settin couch on yer front lawn. It just ain't right. Ah miss that settin couch.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 3:23 pm

And kids. I don't know what's wrong with these kids today. They don't understand anything you say. They are disobedient disrespectful oafs. Noisy, crazy, sloppy, lazy, loafers. And while we're on the subject, kids, you can talk and talk till your face is blue and they still do just what they want to do. Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way. What's the matter with kids today?

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 3:25 pm

And where have all the flowers gone? It's those young girls again. Young girls picked them every one. Those flower picking girls are a big problem in this community, I tell ya.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 3:29 pm

Don't EVEN get me started on the fleas.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 3:47 pm

And, tight with their money. Not one person in this community has given me a nickel since I came here. You see this is a real problem, son, don't cha? This community could give me buckets of money. But nooooooooooooo. Not even a one of em has offered.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 3:59 pm

Ahm thinkin of movin that sittin couch back on the lawn just to spite um now gosh darn! (sorry, the colorful language just slipped out) Talk about our problems in this community! That'll make them problems rise to the surface so you can see um! Uh, Son, can you come here and help me carry this couch?

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 4:12 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Mar. 28 2010, 5:05 pm)
Um, GeneR?

You're very close to spamming...

Now just in case blackorca is on the level here, all I can say is, like any group of people, there are always differences in opinion. All you need to do is read the Movies board and see how widely the views on the recent Trek movie are...some hate it, some love it, many are varying degrees of in between.

:logical:

Oh my goodness! I didn't know. I am sorry. Honestly. I just got on a roll of thoughts that were making me laugh. I honestly appoligize. I absolutely stand corrected. I can go back and edit them out if that would be appropriate. I don't really know what spamming is and I will be more aware. I'm so sorry. And thoroughly embarrassed.

ThankYouGeneR

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 4:22 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Mar. 28 2010, 5:20 pm)
I just didn't want you to get in trouble...that's all.

Just lookin' out for ya...

:logical:

Very kind of you and very much appriciated. Thank you!

LtPondwater9

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 6:07 pm

Quote (blackorca22 @ Mar. 29 2010, 11:50 am)

Personality clashes and differences in points of view, not much more than that.

TaoTrek

Report this Mar. 29 2010, 6:09 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Mar. 29 2010, 10:05 am)
What truck?