American Idol Season 2010

DNesh

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 1:50 pm

I have no idea what happened to the other thread. I have looked multiple times six pages back. Maybe I am blind. :question:
--------------------------------------------------------

OK.....Thoughts on last night. Predictions. Who will get the boot tonight. Who will make it into the top 12......

Crysta kicked butt again. This girl already is in another league. Her performances are heartfelt with the inner conviction that seperates the real artist from the wanna be's.

DiDi was fantastic. She also had that inner conviction, heartfelt thing going on. I think when folks play instruments it is helps with this quality. At least it seems to be working with the gals in this years group.

I love Siobhan...and, Hailey...is that the curly-haired girl that played keyboards singing carol King. She's good!

The red-haired girl does not do it for me though I feel bad to see someone as sweet as her get the boot. She certainly has the looks. Pity...

I wasn't feeling the quirky blonde singing Patsy Cline this week. She does have a certain quality. Maybe it will get boring though because every song sounds sort of the same. When she is on though she's fun!

Anyway..I have to get back to work.
That's all I got for now!

Sara_Paris

POSTS: 20272

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 2:13 pm

I really like Crystal but Siobhan is still my favourite.

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 2:35 pm

Quote (DNesh @ Mar. 10 2010, 1:50 pm)

That was Katelyn, not Hayley. Hayley went home last week.

I predict that Katie(who sang Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" and Paige(sing that Charlie Chaplin song...didn't know he wrote songs) will be sent home tomorrow

But then again, I didn't expect John Park to be sent home last week.

I'm sure Shania Twain wasn't happy about that.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 2:40 pm

Siobhan FTW.

Gods I can't believe I'm actually getting into this show. :O

DNesh

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 5:36 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Mar. 10 2010, 2:31 pm)

It was on Page 3, DNesh...

:logical:

Sorry. I started looking last night while the show was on..and, again this morn. I just couldn't find it.

Well...that thread said top 24...We can just use this as all things Idol if you don't mind. I really did look... :)

Oh..that's right...I loved Hailey (who got the boot last week). I was hoping she would be in the top 12. Darn! I loved her sunny personality...and, she had a real good voice...especially for a 16 year old. I really thought Lacey (the red-head would take a dive before her).

That said..quite a few teens that are real good this year. I agree with the judges the dark-haired 17 year old doing Kelly Clarkson missed the gut emotion in the song..but, she has a beautiful voice.

I have loved Siobhan every week. What is she..16 or 17.

Where is Starbases name and photo when ya need it.....Off to steal it from the old thread!

I have loved Siobhan every week. What is she..16 or 17.

DNesh

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 5:38 pm

From SB's old thread....

Here are the 12 guys and 12 girls who will start vieing for your votes next week as this season of American Idol goes live...

Heres the list of songs performed on Tuesdays show:
Katie Stevens....Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
Siobhan Magnus....House Of The Rising Sun The Animals
Lacey Brown....The Story by Brandi Carlile
Katelyn Epperly....I Feel The Earth Move by Carole King
Didi Benami....Rhiannon...by Fleetwood Mac
Paige Miles....Smile by Nat King Cole/Tony Bennett
Crystal Bowersox....Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman
Lilly Scott....I Fall To Pieces by Patsy Cline

Heres the list of songs performed on Wednesday's show:
Lee Dewyze......Fireflies by Owl City
Alex Lambert..... Trouble by Ray LaMontagne
Tim Urban..... Hallelujah from Jeff Buckley.
Andrew Garcia.....Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
Casey James....You'll Think of Me from Keith Urban.
Aaron Kelly.....I'm Already There by Lonestar.
Todrick Hall.....Somebody to Love by Queen.
Michael Lynche....This Woman's Work by Maxwell.

What are your thoughts on the episode?

I do not think the calibre of the men this year is as good as last year. Anyone else agree?

DNesh

Report this Mar. 11 2010, 8:46 am

Quote (Lucifer_ @ Mar. 10 2010, 2:40 pm)
Siobhan FTW.

Gods I can't believe I'm actually getting into this show. :O

Glad to have you onboard!

Hey, nothing wrong with enjoying Idol. My music tastes are quite eclectic. I appreciate true talent whereever it is found. Right now Crystal & the Lambert kid are doing it for me. Pure natural talent....... ;)

Last night I thought Big Mike showed up fighting to be a top 12 contender. I would like to hear that again.

Toderick did more of what they asked. I thought he was much better last night toning down the theatrics in his vocals & making it more pure. I like him...he's cute! He does have a good voice...not great. He is just trying to make more of a name for himself to further his Broadway career. Can't hurt for auditions to show the producers some of what you got live on Idol.

I like that Tim Urban. I am a huge Leanord Cohen fan so love the song 'Halleluija'. Of course, Leanord's version is six minutes long. No way anyone on Idol will ever catch the true emotion in that song in 90 secs. I bet Crystal could come close though.

I find the girls to be stronger so far.

Who do you think will get the boot tonight???

QdonQ

Report this Mar. 11 2010, 10:40 am

The guys were very good last night...

Sara_Paris

POSTS: 20272

Report this Mar. 11 2010, 12:42 pm

Loved loved loved Michael Lynche last night.

DNesh

Report this Mar. 11 2010, 4:47 pm

This is a great site to re-listen to recordings or watch the performance.....  Rickey.org

Mike did great last night. He looks like he can bring surprises to us over the course of the competition.

I just listened to Alex Lambert again. Good lord, he sounds fantastic on just the recording. He appears to be my fave going in for guys.

Casey James sounds great on the recording to. Really, really nice.

I don't think these three are going anywhere tonight

Sara_Paris

POSTS: 20272

Report this Mar. 12 2010, 1:31 am

Pretty happy with the results tonight except for what's her name the blonde. Katelyn should have gone instead imo.

DNesh

Report this Mar. 12 2010, 8:02 am

Well, I wish I could say I was happy with the results. I should have saw it coming though. I was very excited for Alex Lambert to see him grow during the competition. He is so gifted vocally. He has the ability to feel what he is singing. He was just not the cutest young guy...and, didn't fully realize his potential yet.

The young tweens voted for Tim Urban in droves. He is absolutely adorable. Ellen said he should try acting. I hope something can happen for the other kid. He needs to chase it.

The same thing happened woth the blonde, Sara. Her audience is the same audience as Crystals. If I had to pick between them..I would vote Crystal. I think that is what happened.

I didn't vote so I guess I can't complain.

A lot of my heart went out the door with that kid, though. I am all about Crystal now.

DNesh

Report this Mar. 12 2010, 3:59 pm

:laugh:

Well, I'm with you on Crystal and Big Mike. I think Lacey should have left last night though. I hope she steps it up for her sake. She does have a great look though.

I have no idea who the other two will be in the top 4. :question:

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 12 2010, 4:23 pm

Quote (DNesh @ Mar. 12 2010, 8:02 am)

Who's Sara?

Show a picture of who you think is Sara

juliansgirl7