Startrek.com Starfleet v 2.0

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 08 2010, 6:32 am

Since the original was buried, here's version 2.0 of the StarTrek.com Starfleet thread. There is also newly-modifed list, which has been sliced down pricewise by popular demand:

Q recently got very very very bored. So he transports all active (meaning anyone who has posted in the last 30 days) StarTrek.com members to the 24th Century Post-Nemesis Star Trek universe. After choosing a starting location, each member receives a Federation starship according to their postcount:

0-50 - Y Class Freighter
51-250 - Intrepid Type (United Earth Starfleet)
251-500 - NX-Class Starship
599-1000 - Oberth Class Starship
1001-1500 - Miranda Class Starship
1501-2000 - Constitution Class Starship
2001-2500 - Excelsior Class Starship
2501-3000 - Ambassador Class Starship or Nova Class Starship
3001-3500 - Nebula Class Starship
3501-4000 - Akira Class Starship
4001-4500 - Intrepid Class Starship
4501-5000 - Defiant Class Starship
5000-5999 - Galaxy Class Starship
6000-6999 - Sovereign Class Starship
7000+ Starbase (Spacedock style) or Deep Space Nine style base with one Prometheus Class vessel as your personal flagship. You may choose to locate your base anywhere in the Alpha Quadrant.

This is where Q becomes generous to those who have earned it:

7500-8000 - You have added to your Starfleet armada a three-ship phalanx of Vor'cha battlecruisers complete with Klingons to crew them who are also loyal to you. But these aren't ordinary Klingon battlecruisers...they can fire while cloaked. Have fun.

8,001-9,000 - You may now buy a replica of Shinzon's Scimitar. It's pimped out to the max with firepower and it's stocked with Romulan Ale, but there's no funky medusa weapon. If you want to commit genocide, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

9,001-10,000 - You've cleared 9,000 posts and now you have earned a Voth City Ship so that you may park your other starships. Plus, a crew full of mutated Dinos can go a long way.

10,001-11,000 - Ten thousand posts is staggeringly huge and Q gives you a rewardthat is equally huge; another space station, as featured in ENT "Dead Stop." It will follow all your voice commands and can render complete repairs to any starship in the scenario, as long as you are willing to feed it the brains it needs to keep functioning...

11,001-12,000 - A Dominion planetary assault ship is your next prize. She's 4,500 meters from stem to stern and armed to the teeth. Most other posters quake in fear at your legendary postcount.

12,001-13,000 - You have been awarded with a Borg Cube with a modified Borg collective (64,000 drones total); none of them can assimilate people or technology but each one has a wrist blaster like the drones in TNG "Descent" and are linked to you as if you were the Queen. Unfortunately, this means The Borg consider your Borg targets for assimilation, so no alliances.

14,001-15,000 - Having cleared another 1,000 posts Q gives you something equally astounding...a Dyson Sphere located whereever you choose in the AQ. Unlike the one in TNG "Relics" this one is stable. You only get one shot at placing the thing because it cannot move or be moved so choose carefully.

15,000+ Your postcount is truly astounding, and Q hands you something equally astounding....Control of an entire planet at the brink of developing Warp Drive. The inhabitants and their offspring (numbering a total of four billion) obey your every command just like the crews of the ships in the OP. This planet is placed anywhere in the AQ by divine fiat and like the Dyson Sphere, you only get one shot at this because planets do not move out of their orbits in this scenario.

All users with > 1000 posts also have a standard complement of shuttlecraft suitable for the class of starship they own. Users with < 1000 have two shuttlepods.

All ships are standard configuration with no special technology permitted, though transfers of technology between your own ships or other users are okay. They are fully manned and everyone on board is totally loyal to you and only you.

You can opt to trade in your Starfleet ships for one of equal or lesser value, so if you want to dump the Prometheus Flagship in favor of a Connie that is permitted. Awards above 7,000 accumulate, so if you have 8,500 posts you have your Starbase, 3 Klingon ships, AND a Scimitar.

Lastly, NO ONE in this scenario is capable of any form of time or dimensional travel whatsoever because Q is not stupid.

What do you do from there? Embark on your own "Star Trek?" Enter the private sector? Engage in interstellar piracy? Start attacking other members? Conquer more primitive worlds? Align your ship with Starfleet? Form alliances with other members? The Star Trek Galaxy is ALL YOURS!!

NEW RULE: Any user who snipes a page (has the first post at the top of a page) will be awarded a random Star Trek vessel BY ME. There are some guidelines that must be followed:

-You cannot have the last post on the previous page.
-You cannot have more than six posts on the previous page.
-You do not pick the vessel. I do. If I don't like you, I will give you a photorp casing.
-You must send a PM to my inbox to claim your prize.

These guidelines should be adequate to ensure that people don't overspam the thread. And I decided to do this so that low posters can have a chance to get some better ships since some people have less internet access than others.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 08 2010, 6:58 am

I decide to place my fleet on the perimeter of Orion Space and begin my own Crime Syndicate. The resources I have are:

-One Stardock Style Starbase
-One Defiant Class vessel as my personal Flagship
-Three Vor'cha Class cruisers
-One Scimitar
-One Voth City Ship
-One Dominion planetary assault ship
-One repair base from ENT
-One Borg Cube

By utilizing Borg technology I already control, I have my drones modify all the deflector dishes of my ships so that we can ride the Borg transwarp hubs, meaning I can strike any star system or planet in the AQ with lightning speed and precision. Once I set up base in a remote and isolated star system, I proceed to begin a campaign of piracy and terror against...The Ferengi.

With the awesome firepower I have at my disposal and the ability to beam whole starships into my Voth City Ship (and disable them as seen in VOY "Distant Origin") it's a simple matter to negotiate financial transactions with the various Daimons, including anti-retaliation clauses so that the central Ferengi Alliance or any third party entities cannot legally pursue me. As we all know, contracts are considered sacrosanct in Ferengi society so I'll be safe while raking in the latinum.

:D :D :D

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Mar. 08 2010, 1:27 pm

I'm glad you put this back up.

Sovereign Class, woohoo!

BrotherofShran01

Report this Mar. 08 2010, 6:53 pm

I am making my base of operations in a Dyson sphere placed in a long distance, stable orbit around the planet Minos.

My resources are:

Prometheus Class starship as my flagship
Three Vor'cha Class cruisers
-One Scimitar
-One Voth City Ship
-One Dominion planetary assault ship
-One repair base from ENT
-One Borg Cube

I plan to use the Borg to reverse engineer the weapons manufacturing ability of the planet and make a killing selling weapons on the black market as an arms dealer. I will use the Borg transwarp conduits to ship my supplies to my customers. I have no immediate plans of conquest.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 1:42 am

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ Mar. 08 2010, 6:53 pm)
snip

Your Borg cannot assimilate the technology as stated by the OP. And why screw around with a dead planet when you can have a planet with 4 billion slaves and a reasonably advanced infrastructure to go along with it?

And don't forget you have a choice of Starbase for 7000 posts. I know you're going to milk this for all it's worth.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 2:37 am

Because I was bored, I played around with the Starship Comparison poster and made my own fleet image below:

I used a different starship for the ENT brain base because it wasn't on the original image. They said it could reconfigure itself and it looks pretty bad@$$. The small white dot below it is my Starfleet Defiant Class ship. Everything else should be recognizable.

Edit: I hotlinked the pic instead of embedding the image because it was shredding the page formatting. Also I decided to eject the emergency escape ball to make my fleet look more intimidating.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 3:10 am

After I grow bored with stripping Ferengi Daimons of their latinum, I proceed to shift my attention to the Orions. With the ability to beam their vessels aboard my Voth City ship I strike at them one vessel at a time in guerilla piracy raids.

Escape is a simple matter as I jump to transwarp and then beam Borg shock troopers aboard to wipe out the helpless Orion males, whose technology has been disabled with internal damening fields. I proceed to build a harem of slave girls and my crew's absolute loyalty to me ensures that Orion feminine charms are useless to sway them.

Since I already have holodecks to take out my fantasies, I begin a slave trade...in the Delta Quadrant, where Orion women are unheard of and I exchange them for supplies and material to maintain my Pirate Armada. I also use a few of the green alien women to feed my Brain Base so that the station itself can do the maintenance, leaving my people free to enjoy the spoils of victory.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 3:34 am

NEW RULE has been added to the OP to make things more interesting. And to kick things off, the first person to snipe page 2 will be awarded this magnificent beauty:

With this ship comes a special privilege...you (and your fleet) may freely travel between the Neutral Zone and the Federation/Klingon Border without worrying about causing an interstellar crisis. A ship like this could come in handy for trade, espionage, or just plain causing confusion between the major intergalactic superpowers.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 6:34 am

Quote (Lucifer_ @ Mar. 09 2010, 1:42 am)
Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ Mar. 08 2010, 6:53 pm)
snip

Sorry, missed that. ¿:blush:

Since my Borg can't assimilate tech, I have to do it the old fashion way (Reverse engineer it or buy it from the planet's main computer). The Borg can reverse Engineer it can't they? These weapons are for sale and will not be integrated on my ships.

As far as my starbase, I like to have a DS9 type that in orbit around Mudd's planet. I love the Alica series Androids. :)

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 2:13 pm

I will let you trade in your > 7000 prizes for TWO DOZEN defiant class ships if that's what you want. :logical:

Honestly, after I saw that Starship Comparison chart, I need to overhaul the OP really bad, but for now I'll just hand some of those other ships out as snipe prizes.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 6:24 pm

I am contacting Quark cousin, Gaila to sell weapons. I'm sure that Gaila will want to make a profit, so I'm going to make him a deal he can't refuse and get rich in the process. As long as I get paid, I do not care what happens to his shipment after I make delivery and receive payment.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 8:06 pm

I'm sure that after the Piracy Campaign I had launched against the Ferengi, many of them will be looking for other sources of profit since I took all their GPL.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Mar. 09 2010, 9:12 pm

*Send messages to the Black market*

From this day forward, I will be known as the Man from S.H.R.A.N (My arms dealers alias). ?I'm not apart of Starfleet or the Federation. IF you have the Gold Press Latinum (GPL) or other goods that I need, there are deals to be made. All spies will be sent to the nearest airlock, so if you ain't legit...learn to breath vacuum.

*Message from Gaila*

Gaila: Greetings hew-man...I mean Man from S.H.R.A.N. I am intrigued by the promise of profit, and I want in. I know some "clients" who need many of your "products" and will pay handsomely.

The Man from S.H.R.A.N: Okay Gaila. Here is my offer. 25% of the profits plus a hefty commission when I receive payment. your clients must send me 40% of my price (to facilitate trust) and the rest on delivery to an account on a world that I will name to your "clients". Your clients will pick up the "products" at a location that I will give to you. My fleet will shadow you, but will not reveal themselves until transfer is made. You will not be handling the money Gaila, so you will not be skimming money off the top.

Gaila: You drive a hard bargain hew-man, but I need the Latinum. I accept your terms.

Man from S.H.R.A.N: I know about Rules of Acquisition 17, A contract is a contract is a contract ... but only between Ferengi. Cross me Gaila, and you will find out how big my smile is.

Gaila: Rules of Acquisition 48, The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife. I understand.

Man from S.H.R.A.N: I'm glad we understand each other. Remember, War is good for business.

Gaila: Opportunity plus instinct equals profit. I'll see you soon.

Lucifer_

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 1:05 am

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ Mar. 09 2010, 6:34 am)

Your borg cannot assimilate the technology, but with their wealth of knowledge retained from the Borg Collective, they could make some wicked mods. So once you dump an impressive amount of GPL or other suitable payment into the computer, the auto-factory will begin.

So I take it you're sending ships to Minos?

StarPixie_

Report this Mar. 10 2010, 1:21 am

how do i play?

i want a NX class ENT ship i'm almost there

please Lucifer?

Users browsing this forum: miklamar