USS Excelsior vs. USS Enterprise B

RomulanFan

Report this Mar. 07 2010, 7:12 pm

If the USS Excelsior and the Enterprise B battle each other one on one, which ship would win? Both starships have equal firepower, crew complements. The only difference is who sits in the captains chair. The USS Excelsior is commanded by Hikaru Sulu, while the Enterprise B is commanded by John Harriman.

captbates

Report this Mar. 07 2010, 7:19 pm

I take it Sulu beams his daughter off the ENT B before kicking Harrimans arse? lol.

:D

tribblenator999

Report this Mar. 07 2010, 7:32 pm

well the enterprise-B is technically the upgraded excelsior class so it would be slightly better than sulu's excelsior. However sulu is many times better than harriman as a captain.  Sulu's daughter is not as good of a helmsman as sulu or even sulu's helmsman.  So harriman will lose when the enterprise-B blows up.

williamslakesm

Report this Mar. 08 2010, 1:40 am

Sulu would have the Enterprise B blown up and be halfway home before Harriman could decide what to do.

williamslakesm

Report this Mar. 08 2010, 1:41 am

Besides the photon torpedos arrive on Tuesday, is this before or after that?

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 11:32 am

The B was supposedly the second excelsior class ship, so why wad the lakota the only other one with the refit layout and we saw lots of the original. This annoyed me. They never should have played with the model.

Caesar753

Report this Sep. 29 2010, 8:19 pm

I'm not sure which ship would win in a battle, but the Excelsior would definitely win in a beauty contest.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 30 2010, 5:46 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Where was it said the Enterprise-B was the second Excelsior class ship? That would have been a long time to wait between when the Excelsior was finally commissioned and the beginning of ST:G, so that statement doesn't seem to hold up.

I'm pretty sure I read that at a dependable source, maybe memory alpha. The opening act of generations took place within a year of undiscovered country and who knows how long it took the nx-2000 to be refit with conventional warp engines after transwarp failed. But I will check again.

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 30 2010, 7:13 am

I was wrong, generations was 3 years after undiscovered country. Any who, the nx 2000 was in space dock til at least 2287 and was commissioned for active service in 2290. The B was launched in 2293 (interestingly, the vintage on the champaigne bottle was the first year of kirk's 5 year mission). That is still only a 3 year gap after the excelsior completed and they added a major refit to no doubt a mayor redesign after transwarp failed. The lowest recorded registry for another excelsior is ncc 2544 (repulse). Maybe the B wasn't the second in the class, but I can't imagine many others built between the 2.

Kesfan74656

Report this Sep. 30 2010, 9:03 am

As posted re the original question,the natural choice would be Sulu and Excelsior, looking at it in terms of experience, which Hikaru has aplenty. Perhaps another interesting question might be, 'Would Hikaru Sulu  of the 2290's be able to best a Jim Kirk fresh out of the Academy?'I'm am heavily tempted to give a strong 'NOPE'....As far as ship preferences, I will taKe the Excelsior Class as it was originally envisioned. It's a cleaner design. The engineering hull 'vanes' or whatever you prefer to call them have never worked for me compared to the maninline design, but, I'm sure Berman and Braga wanted to make the B a bit more distinctive for its intro,the next in a legendary line, which I get. Still tend towards the first, though.

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

Matthias Russell

Report this Sep. 30 2010, 11:34 am

Agreed kesfan, the only thing I liked better about the refit were the bussard collectors (which should have been red!). The only reasons for the additions was they felt the original design had been overused. Really? But the reliant, battle cruisers, and birds of prey aren't!?! They meant to later remove the additions from the excelsior model but they were stuck, hence the lakota.

Matthias Russell

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 5:22 am

Sinistar see the researched post I added, there was a 3 year gap.

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra, FleetAdmiral_BamBam