Season 7 Dislikes

Eddogegr3

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 12:27 pm

I am sure this has been done before.

For me, I just thought the direction with the Pah Wraiths ruined it.  It took the science right out of this show for me.  It hurt Dukat as a villain as well (until the last scene with him in WYLB which was definitely good).  Secondly, I did not like the direction that they went with Sisko.  They ruined the prophets by adding his mother.

Mantaray

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 3:31 pm

There are several items for me (Ezri, bad writing, the baseball episode, too much vic, etc.)  suffice it to say, Season Seven was a disappointment overall.

TheDriver

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 4:17 pm

I disliked very little about Season Seven. And I'm wondering why that is not one of the options in this poll.

In fact, the only item on your poll I even slightly agree with is the "weirdness" of the Dukat/Winn relationship.

Obviously, I'll refrain from voting.

EzrianBashirax

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 4:19 pm

The only issue I had with Season 7 was that it ended Deep Space Nine. :(

stovokor2000

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 4:29 pm

The only think I thing season 7 suffered from was the writers attempt finish up to many lose ends in so short a time..

LtPondwater9

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 4:58 pm

I was like they last year of school. It went by too fast and I didn't like Ezri.

Eddogegr3

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 5:10 pm

I actually meant to put--as a choice--NOTHING IS WRONG WITH SEASON 7. ¿

Sorry!

And by the way, I Don't HATE season 7... But it does not compare with 4-6 by any means. ¿WYLB is the greatest Trek Series Finale by far. ¿Personally I love all the Vic episodes and In a Pale Moonlight is a top 10 episode. ¿So is the Bashir Section 39 episode too, Inter something or another. ¿

However, The Pah Wraiths, Dukat's spiral, Sisko's Mom are the aspects of the season that only bother me.

I don't mind Ezri (other than some wasted time) and the Baseball episode was no different than some of the other FUN episodes. ¿

I am merely listing all the complaints that I have heard others give.

Mantaray

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 5:14 pm

Quote (Eddogegr3 @ Mar. 01 2010, 5:10 pm)
I actually meant to put NOTHING IS WRONG WITH SEASON 7. ¿

Sorry!

And by the way, I Don't HATE season 7... But it does not compare with 4-7 by any means. ¿WYLB is the greatest Trek Series Finale by far. ¿Personally I love all the Vic episodes and In a Pale Moonlight is a top 10 episode. ¿So is the Bashir Section 39 episode too, Inter something or another. ¿

I am merely listing all the complaints that I have heard others give.

It was a good effort running this poll.   It's good debate.

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 01 2010, 7:11 pm

The only thing that ruined it for me was NOT having an 8th season! :laugh:

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 02 2010, 12:59 am

Nothing ruined Season Seven for me -- because it wasn't ruined. Like all through the seven years, it had its weak points certainly, but it was very enjoyable to watch.

I like Ezri and I don't see that "too much" time was spent developing her character. Quite little time was spent really developing her character, and there were only really a few Ezri-centric episodes.

The balance between War stories and non-War stories was skilfully handled and came off well. Perhaps there was a lot of effort spent wrapping up multiple character storylines, but things were wrapped up and they all turned out all right. With just enough left unresolved so as not to take away from the "realism" of the ending.

Perhaps the change in the Prophets etc was a bit of a weak point. Sarah Sisko was annoying and the scenes with her did take away from the "cast of characters" nature of the Prophet scenes -- rendering them less enjoyable.

She held Sisko to her in "Till Death Us Do Part" during the wedding scene and I don't know if it's because his head was almost as big as her torso but that did seem rather weird and creepy.

A lot of the actors and production crew were more experienced and comfortable in their roles -- and it showed.

In short, the final season of DS9 was a good season. It would have been good to see more, of course, as long as future seasons were not at the expense of inspiration and good writing. It's great that they knew when to stop.

Mantaray

Report this Mar. 02 2010, 10:33 am

Respectfully, disagree Otakujo.

Coming off some many high's from seasons 4, 5 and 6, to me season 7 just got derailed until the last 10 or so episodes.

Eddogegr3

Report this Mar. 02 2010, 1:25 pm

Quote (Yanks @ Mar. 02 2010, 11:10 am)
[quote=Eddogegr3,Mar. 01 2010, 5:10 pm]
#1. Not one flashback of Jadzia. That's just childish sacralige. She was on the show for 6 years. ETF!

#2. The whole Sisko becomes a prophet crap. I can buy him "playing along" as means to stay in good graces with the Bajorans, but turning our Star Fleet Captain into a worm-hole alien/prophet was just horse pucky...

#3. Having to adjust to Ezri. I'm not an "Ezri basher" but we shouldn't have had to see her. Nicole is a fine actress, but Terry (Jadzia) should have been there.

#4. Not only do we have to deal with a "new Dax" Worf has to "hit it"??? Then Bushier? Come on man. I'm surprised we didn't see Lenora again so we could get another lesbian sex act on the series.

#5. For gods sake, how many episodes does it take to finish the frakin war? WWAAAYYYYY toooooooooo drawn out. Actually, they could have easily ended the series in six years with all the real meat they had.

#6. Kira's hair. Butt ugly. Man, she's gorgous and it looked like they went out of the way to make her ugly.

Not even close to the level of TATV, but I was not real pleased with WYLB.

1.  I beleive the Jadzia issue was a contractual thing.  ALthough they used her voice in one of the last episodes, so what gives?  That is one problem I have with the last episode--I will grant you this.

2.  I can see your point, but I believe it was an appropriate ending.  Bring Finality to the character too.  It's not like they were going to make any movies.

3.  Jadzia was dead, other than the Flashback, what more could she have done?

4. Not a great plot point that took down season 7 a notch further, yes.    But this was not in the last episode (Worf and Ezri), this post only about WYLB.  Bashir and Ezri? That was kind of fun, Bashir chased (a) Dax since season 1.

5. I like Story Arcs.  The war aspect is not what bothered me.  It was the Winn/Dukat scenes.  Again, in WYLB, it wrapped up all plots, war included--very tidily.

6.  Kira's Hair -- You're right.

TaoTrek

Report this Mar. 02 2010, 7:00 pm

I generally didn't have any problem with season 7 except for that whole Winn/Dukat thing...

:whatthe: :sick:

kvlc

Report this Mar. 02 2010, 10:08 pm

Nothing ruined it for me.

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 03 2010, 7:47 am

Quote (Mantaray @ Mar. 02 2010, 10:33 am)
Respectfully, disagree Otakujo.