The NyackJohn thread

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 4:44 am

We could sure use you in these parts about now... :D

For all of you who don't know Njack, he's old school, he knows his $hit better than most. An actor, a singer, a Renaissance Man... :logical:

Dude, where are you? :rookie:

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 5:10 am

Nyack is the best, I wish he would visit more :)

Commandamanda

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 4:18 pm

Yes, John. where you at?!

LtPondwater9

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 5:00 pm

Who is Nyack?? :p j/k Haven't seen NyackJohn since the days of Trekdom. (Tibs now defunct site)

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 10:26 pm

*sigh* I sent him a text last night but he may be buried under so much snow he can't get a signal. :(

That or he's busy with some show or other... :D

Nyackjohn

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 3:24 pm

Hey guys... I've actually looked in a few times, but the threads on the first page were either ones that I would have to go back and read all the posts prior to make sure I wasn't being an idiot and repeating something that had already been said - which I wouldn't have had the time to give justice to those, or post parties I was about 1000 posts to late for!

I have been busy, both businesswise and as some of you know, personally. Watching by my Dad's bedside all those days while he was passing was gratifying but I'm still exhausted from the whole experience, and I've been spending extra time with my Mom, who is still not quite used to that empty spot in the bed beside her where someone she loved slept for 56 years.... Sunday will be hard - my Dad always spoiled my Mom on holidays, but St. Valentines Day was always REALLY special - she'd wake up to her breakfast ready (my Dad cooked Dinner more nights than my Mom did, but if anyone cooked breakfast it'd be my Mom, except on Valentine's), a dozen long-stems, candy (Russell Stover - go figure!;) and Dinner at a Restaurant with candles and white table cloth - every year. I'm sure the last couple of years, as he hit 80 and she approaches it, that the staff of some of these restaurants didn't smirk or giggle a little about the two of them dressed up and holding hands... but they'd never have cared. So certainly, she can't be alone this Sunday - my oldest brother has breakfast duty, my middle brother has roses & candy mid-day, and I am her date for dinner - at the white table cloth, candlelit restaurant where my partner will be her maitre'd and server of her every need...

On the much lighter side, rehearsals and shows have been keeping me busy - We have already started perfoming the show and appearing at Casinos - if there's a Native American Casino near you in the US or Canada, you are likely to see me over the next 2 years. The circuit has 82 Casinos, so it will be awhile before we run out of them - and by that time, hopefully, I will have left the show because "Flying Dutchman: The Musical" will finally be on Broadway...

Since I haven't said anything Trek yet:
Yes, the Original Series is still better written than any of the others, but I don't hate them.
Spock, Spock, Spock, Spock, Spock
I'm a Doctor, not an Escalator
Scotty would drink Glenfiddich, not Glenlivit
Of course I "do" Sulu, what, you think I'm blind?
Checkov WAS wearing a wig the first two episodes he was in.
The dang miniskirts were intended to be LIBERATING in the 1960s not denegrating.
Nichelle Nichols was way prettier than the admittedly pretty Zoe Saldana, and managed to be a believable Officer and Lady at the same time, not an imitation man who had to always kick a**
Does ANYONE understand "Alternative Factor"?
Patrick Stewart is one of the finest actors alive. Captain Picard, however, is an indecisive weeney.

And finally, stop texting and look up when you cross the street, or please just paint a large target on your sweater.

Thanks guys, I miss you too...  :cry:

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 4:06 pm

Njack. :cool:

My condolences on the passing of your father. You have a nice family.

Is Pechanga or any of the other NA casinos in SoCal on the list of stops?

'Alternative Factor' is easy. 'Spock's Brain' is the one I'll never understand. Like, how it got made.

As usual, you've packed about 10 posts worth of info into 1; don't you know you're violating the Prime 'Boost Your Post Count' Directive? :p

alicestellaseries

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 5:28 pm

Njack, how odd, but about an hour and a half to two hours ago I pasted something you had put into one of the threads (one of the MISSING threads, I imagine) onto somebody's fb page!

This, in fact:

Quote (Nyackjohn @ Mar. 31 2009, 5:48 pm)
Geordi: "Captain, those veteron metreon chronotron graviton pulses are about to blow up the Enterprise!"
Riker: "When?"
Data: "In less than 5 seconds"
Picard: "I need you all in my ready room"
Enterprise: "BOOOOOM!!!"

Picard save the universe? I don't THINK so!!!

Spock: "Captain, those antimatter waves are about to blow up the Enterprise!"
Kirk: "When?"
Spock: "In less than 5 seconds"
Kirk: "Scotty, I need warp speed NOW!"
Scotty: "But Cap'n, I canna change the laws of physics, I need 3 minutes!"
Kirk: "You've got 3 seconds, Engineer!!"
Scotty: "Aye, sir!!"
Enterprise goes to warp, ship is saved.

Yet another example of why Kirk is DA MAN!!!

NebulaClash

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 8:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your father.

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 9:33 pm

Quote (alicestellaseries @ Feb. 12 2010, 2:28 pm)

This, in fact:

Quote (Nyackjohn @ Mar. 31 2009, 5:48 pm)
Riker: "When?"
Data: "In less than 5 seconds"
Picard: "I need you all in my ready room"
Enterprise: "BOOOOOM!!!"

Picard save the universe? I don't THINK so!!!

Spock: "Captain, those antimatter waves are about to blow up the Enterprise!"
Kirk: "When?"
Spock: "In less than 5 seconds"
Kirk: "Scotty, I need warp speed NOW!"
Scotty: "But Cap'n, I canna change the laws of physics, I need 3 minutes!"
Kirk: "You've got 3 seconds, Engineer!!"
Scotty: "Aye, sir!!"
Enterprise goes to warp, ship is saved.

Yet another example of why Kirk is DA MAN!!!

Njack's historic dislike of Picard is pretty funny... :D

For me, Stewart's gravitas made up for Picard's perceived command-style deficiencies... :rookie:

alicestellaseries

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 10:04 pm

For me, his body did. But we didn't get to see it that often.

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 10:11 pm

Sexsexsexsexsex. It's all about sex on this board. :p

alicestellaseries

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 11:17 pm

Purely aesthetic appreciation. I'm past any other sort.

CommodoreSchmidlapp

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 11:33 pm

Quote (alicestellaseries @ Feb. 12 2010, 8:17 pm)
Purely aesthetic appreciation. I'm past any other sort.

*coughbullshitcough* :rookie:

'aesthetic' is one of my favorite words... :D

alicestellaseries

Report this Feb. 12 2010, 11:47 pm

Nope. Done. All turned off now. Can't afford it anymore.