Who says Voyager and BSG aren't similar

captbates

Report this Feb. 08 2010, 6:33 pm

I know your a frackin Cylon and Chuckles here is gonna airlock your arse if you don't tell me what I want to know

Seriously though, I had no idea that Noah Lessing (Rick Worthy) had played all these characters on Trek-

LINK

82AIRBORNE

Report this Feb. 09 2010, 1:59 pm

I was expecting to have to defend Voyager but instead I'm pleasently surprised at the captioning. Well done captbates.

captbates

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 4:35 pm

Quote (Yanks @ Feb. 07 2010, 11:59 pm)
Always thought he did a great job with all the parts.

I think what sets him apart is his voice. Very unique.

Have you seen "ThePlan" yanks? we see different sides to his character, very interesting.

captbates

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 4:37 pm

Quote (82AIRBORNE @ Feb. 08 2010, 6:59 pm)

Thanks, don't worry though, no Voyager bashing in my threads, lol.

Now, I just have to decide if this is a VOY or BSG topic.  :whatthe:

:laugh:

captbates

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 4:48 pm

Wasn't the plan just to wipe out every Human?
but along the way the Cylons seemed to have developed human "weaknesses" and started to care about/for humans.

We're still missing a fair chunk of story surrounding the 5 and old Earth, are we not?

captbates

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 5:29 pm

What about Caprica Yanks? It only just started over here, episode 4's next week. I gotta say it's got the makings of a good show, but so far it's kinda crappy. The pilot was all Zoot suit and teenagers. :O

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 6:36 pm

I saw the pilot for Caprica. I was as disappointed with it as I was for BSG - the series, not the four hour pilot (which by itself is grand). Only thing I really enjoyed were the scenes with the "old" cylon.

Lucifer_

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 7:55 pm

Galactica didn't magically reset to immaculate condition during the run of the show. :laugh: :p ;)

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 8:31 pm

Quote (Lucifer_ @ Feb. 10 2010, 7:55 pm)

Might have done the show better if it had magically reset after that crap trap on New Caprica.

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 9:19 pm

There may have been moments where there were some vague similarities, but BSG was a rag sci fi show that ripped off the Terminator, whereas Voyager had some good episodes.  And even some of the not so good episodes were better than even the best episodes of BSG, I'm glad that show is gone, and that the movie will not use any of the crap.  The only reason why that BSG lasted more than 2 years was because it wasn't on network tv.

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 10 2010, 10:02 pm

^Agreed, RedShirt. BSG's shining moment, never to be topped, was right after Apollo stopped shooting at Starbuck when she was flying the Cylon Ship. The two pilots started flying side by side and Starbuck rocked her wings. Best moment of the entire series.

kvlc

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 10:31 am

Quote (RedShirtGuyNumber1001 @ Feb. 10 2010, 9:19 pm)
but BSG was a rag sci fi show that ripped off the Terminator

/facepalm

you know bsg is older than the terminator, right?

chr3335

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 12:35 pm

Quote (kvlc @ Feb. 10 2010, 11:31 am)
Quote (RedShirtGuyNumber1001 @ Feb. 10 2010, 9:19 pm)
but BSG was a rag sci fi show that ripped off the Terminator

/facepalm

you know bsg is older than the terminator, right?

I think they are referring the the remade version.

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 12:50 pm

well I doubt very seriously that the poster of this topic was referring to the old BSG.  I mean that show was just a hair better than Buck Rogers, and they measured space distances in microns???  wtf!

kvlc

Report this Feb. 11 2010, 3:45 pm

point being that the new bsg wasn't ripping off anything, it was following the style of the original.