Questions about you

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 6:59 am

What's your first name (if you want to share)? Di

Are you male or female? Female

How old are you? 48 this year

Where are you from? I was born in Melbourne, Australia, but now I am from everywhere

What's your occupation? I am a gypsy, philosopher poet, who is a book-binder, these days

What's your favorite food? Bread, Cheese

Favorite drink? Water

Favorite color? Purple

Favorite book? 'Dune'

Favorite TV show? Star Trek

Favorite movie? Too many to narrow it down, because I have a favourite in most genres

Favorite music? U2, The Beatles, The Police, Skyhooks and I love techno-trance-electronica

Favorite celebrities? William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Commodore Schmiddlapp

Favorite animal? Cats, Tiger, Zebras

Favorite vacation spot? Away actually I enjoy anywhere that isn't where I am now, I like to travel, literally I enjoy getting from point A to point B; it really is the journey...LOL

Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?  I am a collector of many things. My favourite past-time for the last two years has been reading and writing slash fan fiction, predominately Kirk/Spock but with forays into other pairings.

Have you ever been in love? I have been truly in love with two  men in my life.

How would you describe your personality? Outgoing, friendly, intense, fun-loving

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about human rights. I am passionate about logic, emotion and intuition and trying to create a fusion of those elements within me (I wonder why Star Trek appealed to me from when I was four years old).

Who do you admire? Carl Sagan, Patch Adams, my sister, Bono

What do you value in a friend? Instant and ongoing rapport. Friendship is organic, challenging, enlightening and your friend brings that out in you. Friendship is synergy

What do you look for in a significant other? A sense of humour is A1, looks mean very little to me, I have had  very loving satisfying encounters with folk who look like the back end of a bus, it really is about who they are inside, what their thoughts are and how they express themselves. I need someone who is out-going as well (shame I spent the last seven years with an extreme introvert)

What are your long-term goals? I am re-building my life after 10 years of bad decisions and bad luck. My immediate goals, which I am achieving are to be debt free (I owe nothing more than the current electricity bill - almost there), to save money (which I am good at), keep working with the great guys I do. Then longer term, I have a dream of travelling to the States and Britain to visit with the wonderful friends I have made through ST.com - you guys know who you are and I want you to know that you have helped me so much over the last 12 months I can't begin to thank you all, seriously, love you guys. And I have a dream of attending a Vegas Con and seeing Bill and Leonard in person (I could die happy, you know? ) And finally I want to make my little corner of the world better, by being the best friend I can be to others.

What do you like about yourself? Lots of things, I'm cool

What do you dislike about yourself? Being overweight and sick at the moment; and my very sarcastic streak, that I have to constantly monitor, I literally give myself the sh$ts with some of the things I could say, if I didn't stop myself, it's not a pleasant trait.

Do you have a good relationship with your family? My relationship with my sons is terrific, we are the very best of friends. My sister and I are very close, but only see each other a couple of times a year, due to distance. My elder brother and I although civil have little in common and less manifest desire to improve the relationship - we're on different planets, but still love each other.

If you had only six months to live, what would you do? That's a good question, I've already done a lot in my life, so it's not like a have something that I always wanted to do but wouldn't, couldn't shouldn't have done...but yeah going to Vegas Con and seeing Bill and Leonard and meeting other trekkies in person would be a dream come true and I would make that an absolute priority.

There you have MS, a little bit of my life story. I hope others decide to participate, as I would love to hear some other folks answers.
:D

MrsStarbuck

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 7:46 am

Great idea for a topic MS! I also hope loads of people respond because...I'm nosey! :laugh:

Anyway:

What's your first name (if you want to share)? - Sharon, although my family all call me Shaz.

Are you male or female? - Female.
Although my mum loves to tell the story of how, when I was born, the Doctor told her I was a boy :O
He also told her she had nothing more than diarrhoea when her waters broke! No wonder I have a complex, lol

How old are you? - 36, almost at the grand old 4 - 0!

Where are you from? - I was born in Lancashire, England and I live there again right now, although in between I've lived all over the country.

What's your occupation? - Self employed software test analyst (yawn).

What's your favorite food? - Pizza or nachos.

Favorite drink? - Wodka and cranberry juice.

Favorite color? - Black, black and black.

Favorite book? - Moby Dick. But close runners up are Jekyll and Hyde, To Kill a Mockingbird, LOTR and the works of Edgar Allan Poe.

Favorite TV show? - Coronation Street...only kidding, Star Trek of course!

Favorite movie? - Blade Runner, The Thing, Star Trek TMP, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Close Encounters, JAWS.

Favorite music? - Progressive metal, as played by the best band in the world, Star Tiger ;)
Also Isis, Mastodon, Between the Buried and Me, early Genesis, Tom Waits, Nick Cave, and anything with Mike Patton's name attached to it.
And some classical and opera.

Favorite celebrities? - Bill and Leonard, Zach Quinto *swoon*, Harrison Ford, Gregory Peck, Colin Farrell, Sigourney Weaver, Susan Sarandon, Derren Brown.

Favorite animal? - Spider monkeys.

Favorite vacation spot? - Kwazulu Natal, South Africa, and also Disneyland Paris.

Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it? - Playing bass in my band, writing film scrips, eternally prepping to one day film said film scripts, writing slash.

Have you ever been in love? - Honestly? No (well, not in the romantic way anyway. I have lots of platonic love in my life).

How would you describe your personality? - Intense, nerdy, but with a sense of adventure.

What are you passionate about? - Films, music, writing, animal rights and the environment, travelling.

Who do you admire? - My dad, Albert Einstein and MG :)

What do you value in a friend? - Honesty and trust.

What do you look for in a significant other? - Pointy ears ;)
Also a sense of adventure.

What are your long-term goals? - To always be able to take care of my family, to do some gigs with my band, to film one of my many scripts, to see as much of the world as I can, to do what I can to make the world a better place.

What do you like about yourself? - I'm reasonably intelligent, fairly creative, adventurous and always up for trying new things, and intensely passionate.

What do you dislike about yourself? - I find it very hard to trust people and let my barriers down.

Do you have a good relationship with your family? - Yes. I am blessed with a wonderful family, all of whom I'm incredibly close to and I would do anything for them.

If you had only six months to live, what would you do? - I'd take my family to Disneyland Paris and just stay there for 6 months.

boco

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 7:55 am

Quote (MarmaladeSkies @ Feb. 06 2010, 12:10 am)
All righty. I hope Mrs S doesn't mind that I'm stealing her idea again. I enjoyed reading the mini-surveys on TOS characters in various posts, and I was hoping I could post a more extended survey for all our members here. It'd be nice to get to know our friends better this way. :)

(BTW, I did not write most of these questions; this is just modified from other surveys I've seen.)

You'd better put this On ten forward...
anyway:
What's your first name (if you want to share)?Sanda

Are you male or female?F

How old are you?33

Where are you from?Italy

What's your occupation?airport money exchange
What's your favorite food?pizza
Favorite drink?sweet wine- spumante
Favorite color?blue

Favorite book?asimov's

Favorite TV show?clasic cartoons

Favorite movie?ST

Favorite music?Rock

Favorite celebrities?Woopi Goldberg, Scott Bakula,

Favorite animal?CAT

Favorite vacation spot?Sea

Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?gardening

Have you ever been in love?yes

How would you describe your personality?still ¿a ¿child that needs to grow up

What are you passionate about?cats

Who do you admire?science

What do you value in a friend?honesty
What do you look for in a significant other?a good heart

What are your long-term goals?a child

What do you like about yourself?i have a lot of patience

What do you dislike about yourself? I'm starting to get old :-)

Do you have a good relationship with your family?it's a family, sure

If you had only six months to live, what would you do? I don't know...a lot of things

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 8:27 am

33 isn't old, you shouldn't let it be ;)

I can't wait to be 60 and 70 and 80 and 90...why not? :laugh:

boco

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 8:32 am

Quote (Mirrorgirl @ Feb. 06 2010, 8:27 am)
33 isn't old, you shouldn't let it be ;)

I can't wait to be 60 and 70 and 80 and 90...why not? :laugh:

I'm not worried a lot, I still look like a 25years old girl...

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 8:39 am

Quote (boco @ Feb. 06 2010, 10:32 pm)
Quote (Mirrorgirl @ Feb. 06 2010, 8:27 am)
33 isn't old, you shouldn't let it be ;)

I can't wait to be 60 and 70 and 80 and 90...why not? :laugh:

I'm not worried a lot, I still look like a 25years old girl...

Excellent, stay happy and shine

Shine

WilburWood

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 8:48 am

Are you male or female?

Male

Where are you from?

Long Island, NY

What's your favorite food?

Currently, pita chips. :D

Favorite color?

Blue

Favorite TV show?

What kinda question is THAT???? "Star Trek," of course!!!

Favorite music?

Classic rock

Favorite animal?

Dogs

Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?

Does reading count?

How would you describe your personality?

Engaging

Who do you admire?

Kb. She's the strongest (and I don't mean she can lift heavy things) woman I've ever met.

What do you look for in a significant other?

Trust, support and love.

What do you like about yourself?

I can make people laugh.

Do you have a good relationship with your family?

I do now.

If you had only six months to live, what would you do?

Spend it with my boys and kb.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 9:02 am

Wilbur Rocks!:cool:

WilburWood

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 9:16 am

Love ya, Mg!!! :kiss:

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 9:52 am

You you two too :kiss: my darling

RemkeLovesKirk

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 2:21 pm

What's your first name (if you want to share)? Remke

Are you male or female?Female

How old are you?30

Where are you from?The Netherlands

What's your occupation?waitres in a hotel

What's your favorite food?steak

Favorite drink?cola in the past i stop drinking that , and now is it limonade, and sometimes alcohol

Favorite color?purple, blue

Favorite book?dutch books: Kluun or Heleen van Royen(are autors but i am reading a lot of there books)

Favorite TV show?ncis,csiny/miami,star trek, miami vice, macgyver, stargate (sorry to much)

Favorite movie?dirty dancing

Favorite music?Bryan Adams, Anastacia, michael jackson

Favorite celebrities?patrick swayze, mark harmon, william shatner, gary sinise, david caruso,

Favorite animal?dog and cat

Favorite vacation spot? i would be happy if i can someday to Australi? or USA

Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?movies, swimming
, reading books, shopping, watching tv
Have you ever been in love?yes, but not for this moment

How would you describe your personality?little timid, nice, great person that you can trust

What are you passionate about?

Who do you admire?my favo actors and singers

What do you value in a friend?someone that you can tell every thing

What do you look for in a significant other?sweetness, you can trust, funny, and so on

What are your long-term goals? moving from job

What do you like about yourself? buttocks,

What do you dislike about yourself?my short leggs( i am 1,60m) and my fat in my tummy

Do you have a good relationship with your family? yes i have, and sometimes not with my brother and sister, but thats normal

If you had only six months to live, what would you do? go travelling and meet famous poeple that you love

Valdena

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 4:38 pm

Wow, that's alotttt of questions. I may be too lazy to answer all of those.
I agree with boco, it kinda belongs on ten forward.

My friends call me Kari (short version of my name), I'm 33 and live in south Florida. Favorite TV show of course is Star Trek. I love pizza, seafood, bread, and alot of other things.

PM me if you wanna invite me to your Facebook page.

:D ;)

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 5:19 pm

Quote (Valdena @ Feb. 07 2010, 6:38 am)
Wow, that's alotttt of questions. I may be too lazy to answer all of those.
I agree with boco, it kinda belongs on ten forward.

PM me if you wanna invite me to your Facebook page.

:D ;)

You know if this had been on Ten Forward I wouldn't have responded, because I don't really wouldn't care to share this kind of personal stuff with the rabble. I am however more than happy to share it with my TOS friends, and I particularly want to read their honest, funny and revealing answers.

Thanks for telling us a few vital statistics Val :D  :D  :D

Mirrorgirl

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 7:54 pm

Quote (TheChronicOne @ Feb. 07 2010, 9:40 am)
Hello, I am TheChronicOne.

I love Star Trek.

The end.

:D

:laugh:

Short and sweet  :laugh:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Feb. 06 2010, 8:16 pm

What's your first name (if you want to share)? A rugged Cliff :p

Are you male or female? All Male BABY!

How old are you? 43

Where are you from? Motown

What's your occupation? government employee

What's your favorite food? Hamburger

Favorite drink? Boston Cooler

Favorite color? Black

Favorite book? Star Trek: The Vulcan Academy Murders

Favorite TV show?

Favorite movie? Spider man 2

Favorite music? Jazz, hip hop, rock n roll (70s, 80s), some classical

Favorite celebrities? Pierce Brosnan, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Leonard Nimoy, Antonio Banderas, Guy Williams, Don Adams, James Earl Jones, Robin Williams, Larry Hagman, Erwin Gray

Favorite animal? Panther

Favorite vacation spot? Orlando

Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it? Reading Star Trek novels

Have you ever been in love? Yes

How would you describe your personality? Bold, force of nature, loyal

What are you passionate about? Seeing people happy and enjoying themselves

Who do you admire? God almighty, creator of the universe.

What do you value in a friend? honesty, loyalty, forgiveness, dedication, laughter

What do you look for in a significant other? All woman. honesty, loyalty, forgiveness, dedication, laughter, beauty (in and out), willing to listen and know me well enough to trust me.

What are your long-term goals? Marry, raise a family, retire

What do you like about yourself? Loyal to my friends (overall), basically honest, willing to forgive, never give up, focused ¿

What do you dislike about yourself? tunnel vision in certain matters, shyness around certain woman (a selected few)

Do you have a good relationship with your family? Yes, overall

If you had only six months to live, what would you do? Make history!